KPMG US

KPMG US Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 26, 2014

KPMG US Chairman & CEO John B. Veihmeyer

John B. Veihmeyer

Pros
  • Good job security, decent work life balance except during Tax Season, good benefits(in 182 reviews)

• Great place to start work if you want to see a lot of different things(in 90 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is only achieved within the course of a year for those in audit(in 418 reviews)

• Work long hours especially during busy season and political work environment(in 469 reviews)

79 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Amazing

Manager Tax (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsBest place to build your career

Conswork-life balance can be an issue in some areas

Great employer, bright employees, high expectations

Senior Associate, IT Advisory, Management Consulting (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe people are by and large very bright and management gives great opportunities to up and coming junior staff. There are good training programs in place. A great place to challenge yourself and learn.

ConsExpectations are high, and you will put in the hours. Management Consultants generally can expect to travel to work from other cities (Mon-Thurs) each week - not too common to be staffed on local projects. Getting promoted requires that you nurture your own network and to some politicking.

Kpmg

Director (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsProfessional work environment. Can work independently. Can take on as much responsibility as you can handle.

ConsUsed to be a little of a sink or swin environment for new staff......

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive

Manager (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsCareer advancement has been very positive with this company and it has allowed me numerous opportunities to grow and develop

ConsLong work hours, but this comes with the territory so no one should be surprised or upset with this.

Advice to Senior ManagementAward stand out performance more and do not be afraid to move away from the "seniority" type approach to promotions.

KPMG is a great place to work.

Senior Developer (Current Employee) Cypress, CA

ProsGreat benefits; smart, professional team; latest technologies; good pay; good career advancement opportunities; lots of room to take ownership of your projects

ConsKPMG is a large and very corporate organization, often prone to partner-paralysis due to majority-rule nature of a collaborative partnership.

Great resources for education and career advancement.

Advisory Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAccess to top companies/clients. Big 4 firms are the only place to obtain that kind of experience. Great resources for education and career advancement. If you do not wish to be on partner track, the network is more than happy to help you get placed with a client (subject to the rules of course) or keep in touch with you so that you can become a client.

ConsIt is very difficult to maintain the work/life balance and meet billing quotas. To bill to one hour of quota one must work about 2 hours. That becomes difficult when travelling and you have a family to take care of. Many of the required activities are not considered part of the revenue quota.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the quest for work life balance. KPMG has done a better job than any of the other Big Firms. I enjoyed working for KPMG.

Nowhere better to start.

Associate, IT Advisory (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsEspecially in Los Angeles, you will find that the office is very youthful, in both age and culture. This promotes a great team environment, and along with responsible, able, and communicative upper management, it makes working at KPMG a great experience.

ConsAs with any hierarchical structure, one needs to prove their worth or risk being cut.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

KPMG a great place to begin a career

Audit Associate (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

Prosgreat people, international company, many divisions, large start classes

Conslots of politics when higher up in title

Advice to Senior Managementmore pay please

Great place to work.

Tax Associate (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsProfessional growth opportunities. Opportunities to work with highly intelligent and professional colleagues

ConsThe anticipated long hours during tax season.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great company and culture for those who want to become accounts

Audit Associate (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsAwesome training, great people and family like atmosphere. They also have a great list of clients and if you speak up you will get a chance to work on your desired clients. The pay is not bad for an entry level job and the brand speaks for itself in the accounting world. 5 Weeks PTO!

ConsHours are pretty bad for 7-9 months out of the year but that depends on your schedule. Work gets pretty redundant and dry after a while. No opportunity for creativity. You are like a robot copying prior year workpapers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to work life balance. If you continue to get new clients, you should hire more people accordingly so that people aren't constantly overworked.

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!