KPMG US

KPMG US Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 19, 2014

KPMG US Chairman & CEO John B. Veihmeyer

John B. Veihmeyer

Pros
  • Good job security, decent work life balance except during Tax Season, good benefits(in 182 reviews)

• Great place to start work if you want to see a lot of different things(in 90 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is only achieved within the course of a year for those in audit(in 418 reviews)

• Work long hours especially during busy season and political work environment(in 470 reviews)

311 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

So far so good

Audit Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat experience and people to work with

Consit's an aggressive career path so you can never stop trying

Advice to Senior Managementkeep teaching

KPMG Review

Manager IT (Current Employee) Montvale, NJ

Pros- Great People
    - Great vacation days

Cons- Avg salary for existing employee
    - Work life balance is difficult at times

Advice to Senior Management- Improve existing employees salary. Make it more competitive with market so talent doesn't leave.

Positive

Senior Associate - Advisory (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsMy top three reasons for staying with the firm: Great people, great vacation days, flexible work schedule (e.g. work from home). Other added benefits - ability to take a sabbatical, ability to move around within the firm, international projects and opportunities.

ConsThe nature of being in a consulting role (i.e. having to account for every hour that you work), although this is not at all specific to KPMG. Long hours during busy season. Pay is not as competitive as those at PwC, from what I hear.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay us more!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to start your careers

Senior Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsExposure to client's senior management, access to firm management, great training, high quality work and competitive comp (at lease in NY during 2009 to 2012)

ConsLong hours, stuck on same clients with limited internal mobility and the occasion partner you dislike, who wants to be TOO involved in your career

Too soon to really know.

Tax Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFirm promotes high performance culture.

ConsOnly been here 6 months. None so far.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure what to say.

Structured, friendly, challenging

Tax Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFriendly co-workers, well-defined structure for the internship, decently organized, expectations are made clear. The internship program as a whole gave me a good idea of what to expect as an associate, especially during busy season (when I was there). A very worthwhile experience.

ConsCommunication between groups was not always the best and scheduling was a bit difficult at times. Also, a little scary to hear that there had been layoffs due to inaccurate projections of needs, so that didn't do much to make me feel secure. Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally make sure those who are in management roles have actual management skill, be more communicative and open.

Poor Leadership, Managers do not lead by example but still end up moving up the ranks...

Senior Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGained good consulting experience here. Technology, benefits, and perks while traveling is decent. Availability of supplies and expense policy is attractive.

ConsGood workers are not recognized for their contributions. Managers take credit for staff work and promotions are bias

Advice to Senior ManagementBe visible and show effective leadership. Weed out the managers who have high rentention turnover on their projects

Top-notch organization able to take an active role in multiple sectors, great training ground

Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSector experience is unrivalled; flexible work

Consfrequent travel; lack of opportunities for managers and directors to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementA) Some of the former audit folks in the advisory organization do not understand the nature of serving as a trusted advisor and start off trying to audit clients B) There needs to be more focus on assisting people transition from junior ranks to Partner.

Great place to work and grow your career

Senior Associate - Advisory (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros> Excellent training/development for career growth (Advisory University and Technical skill training)
    > Good culture, team work and volunteer programs
    If you are working in a right team/group then you would learn and grow at a faster pace.

Cons> Poor bonus structure
    > Annual ratings are done by senior PML which are out of touch with staff level professionals

Advice to Senior Management> Improve performance management and recognize young top talent
    > Be a mentor for associate and senior resources

People like each other and work very well together on challenging and fulfilling projects.

IT Advisory Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGet to travel a lot. Builds your network extremely well. Work in teams with interesting and intelligent people. Do rewarding work. Treats employees very well. People are always there to help. You are never alone. Forces you to think outside the box.

ConsSome of the work can be repetitive. It may be frustrating to please some clients. You will work for long hours.

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!