KPMG US

Updated Jul 1, 2014

KPMG US Chairman & CEO John B. Veihmeyer

John B. Veihmeyer

54 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company - lots of opportunity.

Advisory Associate (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsPeople are nice, team building and networking is important; flexible work schedule if needed. Just increased the benefits, so that is good too!

ConsSometimes you have longer hours when deadlines are close. Some gap between management and staff communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider having more communication within your teams, rather than at a firm-wide or sector-wide level. It would be nice to know what my manager does and how much time they can work on a specific project. Managers juggle so many different tasks I think it is hard for lower level staff because they don't know how much time, if any, a manager can spend working with them, and what their priorities are.

Good work, seasonal hours

Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsCompetent, professional coworkers, consistent promotion from staff to manager.

ConsSeasonal hours spikes for busy season. Federal practice does busy season in the fall (Oct - Nov), then rolls onto commercial from Dec - March. A long time to be working 60-90 hour weeks.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good company, great exposure to clients.

Washington, DC

ProsThe big four will give you good exposure to clients in various sectors. Pay for out of school is right along other big 4. Much better time off than other big 4 (25 days per year).

ConsWork / life balance as many others have noted. Audit seems worse than advisory in general.. but it depends on the client.

Advice to Senior Managementyou

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tax Externship

Extern (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsGood experience for KPMG office atmosphere, unable to work with clients so of limited practical use.

ConsForgotten sometimes, often had so seek work.

Gained a lot of experience in a specialized area

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

Prossome of the brightest people around

Consproposal work is done on your non-chargeable time

Advice to Senior Managementfewer meetings please

KPMG is an excellent place with a great brand to begin your career.

Advisory Associate (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsKPMG is a huge company that performs a giant list of services to clients all over the world. Every Advisory team is unique, and pending that you find yourself on a team with a positive work atmosphere, you can really excel and learn a lot. It is a fast paced environment in which several opportunities arise as you gain experience within the firm.

ConsNot all teams are equal. Some teams have a very competitive or negative aura that looms over them. If you are unlucky enough to join one of those teams, your only options are to either tough it out until you have enough experience to transfer to another team, or find a new employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate culture varies from team to team. Each Partner runs their team a little differently than the next. I cant stress the necessity of team building exercises, happy hours etc. Teams that do not invest honest time into these factors always seem to have the most tense culture.

Low Salary and No work Life Balance

Washington, DC

ProsThe com pay is very diverse they hire people from all backgrounds, they are very family oriented, they provide exceptional training and they pair you with a career mentor within the firm. They have an amazing volunteering program and the PTO is 5 weeks if you are not stuck in multiple busy seasons.

ConsAverage work day is about 12 hours, clients are not efficient and effective, whatever practice you end up in you are stuck there for a couple of years. Salary could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers and Partners that actually contribute to the engagement.

Typical Big Four

Advisory Senior Associate (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

Pros- Great people
    - Leadership is solid
    - You know what you're getting yourself into
    - Stability

Cons- Bureaucratic processes
    - Compensation isn't top notch for the hours most people put in
    - Federal practice is very boring work

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more mobility for Associates and Senior Associates, especially in the Federal practice. Technical skills are hard to come by when you're stuck on the same project for years.

Great place

Washington, DC

ProsExperience, experience, experience, experience, experience

ConsLong hours, late nights, stressful at times

Sr. Executive Assistant

Senior Administrative (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsA great pool of very talented people and upbeat work environment! Lots of training opportunities and avenues to keep improving your skill sets.

ConsIf you are interested in becoming an admin. be prepared to be heavily supervised with very little flex time and no opportunity to work from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou hired the best for your company and that includes your admin staff. Trust that we can manage ourselves and work as a team. We are professionals just like you!

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG US Videos

KPMG US – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG US reviews and ratings in Washington, DC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KPMG US CEO John B. Veihmeyer . All 54 reviews posted anonymously by KPMG US employees.