KRT Marketing Reviews

4.7
Keith R. Thomas

1. Great people and positive & fun working environment

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time

Pros

Great benefits, people are friendly and passionate about what they do. Offers a flexible schedule when needed. Love the people I work with.

Cons

More collaboration with departments. There is a contact disconnect and there is a lot of room for improvement. We are are a small company so everyone works differently but there needs to be more collaboration across the agency.

Advice to Management

Better communication and when there is a problem addressing it and hold people accountable.

Mar 16, 2015 – Partner

Thank you for your observations on internal communication and collaboration. This is something we have been working on and have renewed our commitment to bringing the team closer together. Please ... More

2. Fun, Creative, Team Environment

I have been working at KRT Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a very positive work environment with dedicated, hard-working team members. Everyone is friendly, positive and knows how to have fun while working hard. Keith and Ryan care about their employees career goals and work-life balance. There are also many opportunities to work on a variety of projects and expand your skills. It has been a great place to work.

Cons

Each of the departments have talented, hard-working staff but sometimes there is a disconnect in the flow of information from department to department. I have seen the communication improve and have noticed a great effort to connect the departments to work as a larger team and it's working.

Advice to Management

It's apparent that you truly care about your employees and their well being, you have created an encouraging and supportive business environment, keep it up! Keep the flow of information open and continue to encourage departments to work together as a team to keep everyone in the loop. KRT has been a great place to work!

Mar 16, 2015 – Partner

Thanks for letting us know that our efforts to improve communications are being felt. We are working hard to create a stronger collaborative structure that will encourage and facilitate better ... More

3. A Unique and Creative Work Environment

Pros

Creative work environment filled with fun, intelligent, hard-working individuals. There really is a sense of family within this company that’s unique. Although it’s a small agency, the collective energy of this group has resulted in the acquisition of many well-known clients.

Cons

Being small and forward thinking, the work level and demands on employees can be very high at times. There are no slackers here. But all that hard work pays off in the end with innovative and creative solutions for our clients.

Advice to Management

Stay ahead of new ideas/technologies in the industry. Continue to encourage and support the individuals that make up this unique company.

May 5, 2015 – Partner

Energy is one thing we all have. We're glad to know that you feel the expenditure of all that energy is paying-off to benefit our clients. Couldn't agree more with the need to stay out front on new ... More

5. Tight-knit agency with great opportunities for personal and professional growth.

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot to like about KRT Marketing, both personally and professionally. The energetic people that comprise this small agency make coming to work everyday interesting and enjoyable. There are also many opportunities to hone your craft -- professional growth is encouraged!

Cons

While working for the same clients but in different capacities, the various departments are often disjointed.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a better flow and circulation of information. While everyone communicates well on a personal level, it would be great to see the same level of internal communication translate into the work they are producing for their clients.

Mar 16, 2015 – Partner

Thanks for your comments. We do everything possible to encourage growth at every level. Glad to hear that the inter-personal communication is strong. Couldn't agree more that the larger goal is to ... More

6. "You can't choose your family, but you can choose an employer that feels like family"---Employee of KRT Marketing

Pros

Autonomous work environment surrounded by incredibly smart individuals. KRT takes a holistic approach to each strategy and always provides their clients with unique, unbiased solutions. Our people are great, our work is awesome, and our clients ROCK!

Cons

Small agency where you have to wear many, many hats. Can't buckle under pressure. You will be presented with MANY challenges here, but with those challenges, come accomplishments.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your people and giving them the opportunity to work together to bring ideas through to fruition. Embrace change and new ideas.

Mar 4, 2015 – Partner

Good advice and will take to heart. We are passionate about our team, our clients and our accomplishments. Recognizing that change is constant, we count heavily on the advice, observations and ... More

7. Workplace where you can grow and evolve with the Company

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Lafayette, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Lafayette, CA

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

KRT is a very unique environment where you can be sure that you'll be heard and your contribution matters. The management has a personal approach to everyone in the company and is always there to listen. Working hours are reasonably flexible, there are lots of funny sweepstakes, company lunches, happy hours and free snacks! The company also provides free training to the employees as well as giving an opportunity to attend interesting conferences and seminars.

Cons

As any other small company, we all rely on each other a lot and every person is unique and essential - every team is very small and when someone is on a leave it's noticeable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - it's great and unique!

Mar 2, 2015 – Partner

Great and unique is what we're going for. Everyone brings something special to the team. Glad you are part of what we're all about.

8. Great Company. Great People.

Current Employee - Digital Media Strategist in Lafayette, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Media Strategist in Lafayette, CA

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really know how to treat people at KRT Marketing. I've been here for almost 2 years now and am continually amazed by the amount of support and encouragement management gives each of their employees. Opportunities for education, yearly conferences and a chance to grow within the company is why I like sticking around.

Cons

What can I say about a company that has "Summer Friday's" for three months out for the year and Happy Hour the rest of the time? This is a work hard, play hard kind of team.

Advice to Management

Upper management is very fair when it comes to work/life balance. They have an open door policy and are easy to reach out to whenever there is a potential problem.

Mar 2, 2015 – Partner

Glad to know that the work hard, play hard approach resonates with the team, although not sure that Summer Fridays and Happy Hours belong in the "cons" column.

9. Small agency feel with wonderful and hard working people

I worked at KRT Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The People - everyone is hard working and dedicated to their job. Plus it feels like a family. Benefits and Compensation - very fair! Ryan and Keith always go above and beyond to make sure every employee is taken care of at KRT Marketing Atmosphere - fun and collaborative

Cons

You can't work remotely - they believe that collaboration happens best in the office (which is a valid point!).

Advice to Management

Consider letting employees work from home. People may be more productive if it is an option.

Jan 23, 2015 – Partner

In any creative environment, collaboration is key to distilling and developing the best overall solutions. Where appropriate, we are somewhat flexible on remote activity, but generally prefer the ... More

10. Great company with great people

I worked at KRT Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The president and vice president at KRT Marketing truly care about their employees. The work sometimes can be overwhelming, however the employees there act as a family and work together to complete projects and tasks. Coming into work everyday was exciting, because you were able to spend time with a group of people that treated each other like family. I certainly will miss working there. You also learn A LOT, because it's a small agency with big name clients. Employees are able to work on projects from the beginning to the end, which you don't get a lot at larger firms. It's a great company to grow your career and understand what path you'd like to pursue in the future, whether it's at KRT or another company. However, I will warn you, once you start working at KRT, it's really hard to leave.

Cons

Because it's a small agency, you wear a lot of hats and play many different roles. While this will allow you too learn a lot, it's easy to get overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Please continue putting your employees first.

Jan 9, 2015 – Partner

Nailed it. Couldn't have said it any better. This is the place to learn and grow -- personally and professionally. Great experience and exposure to global accounts in a unified team environment ... More

11. Not just a job. A great team environment.

Pros

- A great place to grow personally and professionally - Tight-knit team that’s passionate about their work - Provide tools/training needed to excel - Opportunities for growth - Treated with respect

Cons

As a mid-sized agency, KRT doesn’t have the vast amounts of resources and personnel that many larger agencies have at their disposal. However, a high-level of collaboration among the team, coupled with a proactive attitude, more than makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Continue with the work that’s being done to foster advancement in the types of ideas/strategies being developed for clients...it's paying off!

Jan 9, 2015 – Partner

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement. Keep the passion flowing! The ideas and strategies being developed for our clients aren't just from management -- they come from every member of the team ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed