KSI

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ken Small

Fantastic opportunities

Safety Training (Current Employee)

I have been working at KSI full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat growth potential, provided training, good salary, family atmosphere, career job

ConsCan have long hours, if your not a hard worker you can be replaced

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great place to leave

I have been working at KSI full-time for more than a year

ProsSteady Work, will try everything to accommodate displaced workers before lay off

ConsLow Pay, crap benefits, no merit based anything, it's all about who you know

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your wallet and at least try to retain some of the excellent people that work here, for now.

A great hometown company

I have been working at KSI

ProsSmall company, they know the strengths and weaknesses of their employees and strive to fit them in the best position. They will accommodate your needs as an employee and try to make you happy in your job.

ConsNot all employees are treated equally and there is no standard for any position. Pay scales, benefits, and other job benefits vary from employee to employee. You also never know where you are going to be or what you will be doing from day to day. Your job task and location can change quickly.

Not competitive compensation, excellent hands on experience and market presence

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at KSI full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmall engineering staff with good collaborative efforts, great hands on experience. Consulting based nature gives direct management/estimating/scheduling experience as well as engineering based experience. Excellent design/build approach. Guaranteed 80 salary plus T&M straight pay. Essentially hourly, but is nice when constantly working 50 hr weeks.

ConsLow pay and benefits in comparison with industry competitors. Essentially a construction company with a few engineers. Hardly any effort to retain employees, and little compensation for project success (commission, compensation, bonus). Compensation mostly based around time with the company and not performance. No relocation assistance or signing bonus, no new hire orientation.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more active in CA engineering operations. Meet your employees and structure the dept to increase employee retention: allow for performance based rewards.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

KSI overall ok, DCCK is weak

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at KSI

ProsDCCK is owned by Ken Small Industries, so you can "pick the brain" of various craftsmen more easily than if you worked at an engineering firm that is not a design-build.

ConsFor several years now, DCCK has been unstable. The draftsmen and engineers are ok, but the management is "sorta random."

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only thing that really matters is the quality of the work going out the door. Marketing schemes aren't what brings in business - it's the prior work that brings in business. KSI needs to get back to the old corporation that, metaphorically speaking, built its pipeline one weld at a time.

Safety Coordinator Salary

I have been working at KSI

Prosgreat Company. Treats Supervisors and above really well.

ConsPays significantly lower than competitors

Advice to Senior ManagementSafety is not a bonus, its an expectation. Pay up!!

Worked for KSI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KSI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KSI CEO Ken Small. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by KSI employees.