KU Endowment Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Dale Seuferling

1. Excellent company to work for.

Former Employee - Student Caller in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Student Caller in Lawrence, KS

I worked at KU Endowment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunity to gain skills in communication. Great work life balance as you generally get to choose your hours. Management always open to hearing feedback. Good starting pay and opportunity to increase every year. Coordinator is very friendly and always open to your suggestions and happy to help with any issue.

Cons

Management doesnt really do much and gets payed much more. Unfair way of getting promoted to management- people who didnt even apply for position were given the highest promotion by upper management who dont even see the kind of work callers were doing in person.

2. Call Center

Former Employee - Student Development Associate in Lawrence, KS

I worked at KU Endowment (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to work around school
    Good pay
    Good experience

Cons

Management is a unfair. There is no way to move up to manage unless you are a favorite. Management will steal your ideas and pass them off as their own.

3. Fun place to work until recent change in management

I worked at KU Endowment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fun environment, outgoing employees, resume builder, creative incentives, sales experience

Cons

Emotionally draining, constantly on the phone, high employee turnover, horrible new management

Advice to Management

Practice the script! Know it really for mock calls during the interview. Even if you're struggling during the mock call the most important thing is to push through all the way to the end of the call!

5. Student caller

Former Employee - Student Caller
    Former Employee - Student Caller

I worked at KU Endowment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pick your own hours. Atmosphere with other students(more on this below) can do homework.
    Pay is competitive for CAMPUS jobs.
    Get to help the university you go to school for, and hear some cool alumni stories.

Cons

Not an easy job. Steep learning curve. Extremely high turnover for a reason. not many people stay on and are successful. This is either because the job isn't for everyone or the fact that management really does little training that is promised during interviews. (My trainer was texting(cell phones can't be out or you get sent home or fired?!) while I was asking questions.)

A lot of perks that made this job good got taken away with little explanation. There's a very subjective promotion system and the managers were not on the same page whatsoever and this resulted in people getting management positions that were completely unqualified or didn't even apply. No longer a cool college job, wouldn't

My advice: You can easily make more by being a waiter and you would likely face less verbal harassment in that industry than you do with alumni sometimes.

Advice to Management

There is no chance this will be taken into consideration. Rock chalk!

Wonderful experience

Current Employee - Student Caller in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Student Caller in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at KU Endowment part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Conversing with alumni and working in a fun environment. This job provides you with an excellent skill set for a lot of other jobs to build off of in a fun environment full of fellow students with flexible hours. It provides an opportunity for growth and promotion within and was the best job I've had yet.

Cons

None that I can think of off the top of my head.

My experience here was not positive

I worked at KU Endowment full-time

Pros

The benefits are outstanding and most of the people there are quite friendly. The office is clean and tidy and they seem to want employee feedback about ways to improve the work environment.

Cons

Management needs to reassess some of their VP positions. Upper management needs to listen to the lower level employees and listen to what they have to say about their supervisors - and to not just listen but do something about it. Some people are NOT meant to be supervisors!

Advice to Management

The leadership that I was under did not communicate with the employees beneath them in any meaningful way. Instead, I was bullied, berated and insulted. Upper management needs to work at removing the problem employees and not be afraid of potential lawsuits.

A place to build relationships and gain new sales and communication skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at KU Endowment part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

KU is a great place for one to gain new skills in sales or communication. It's also a great place to work because the university has to many strong alumni that the donors are great to work with. It's also a rewarding place to work for because you are raising funds for a university.

Cons

Management and its structure can be biased at times -- picking favorites.
    Upper management does not communicate often enough with its employees below them

RSS Feed </> Embed