KUKA Robotics

Updated December 2, 2014
Updated December 2, 2014
3.2

Manfred Gundel

Fast paced and job focused

Former Employee - Weld Technician
    Former Employee - Weld Technician

I worked at KUKA Robotics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like everything I did and Kuka, and liked most everyone I worked with

Cons

The scheduling was non-exsistent, I was basically 24/7 on call. Management didn't think of the quality of life me or anyone in my department. I would still be there today if this issue was resolved.

(See cons)

No hope for contingent workers to be hired !!

Former Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at KUKA Robotics as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Pay was very good by todays standards. Co-workers friendly. Nice lunchroom with great coffee! Free fresh corn from a vendor! Strong company. I would recommend working there but one shouldn't have high hopes!

Cons

They have very sharp people (contingent workers) that they won't hire even after two years! No sitting down at shipping's ups station. who likes to stand bent over trying to type info? Contingent workers do the dirty work that maintenance should do. Trying to park in the am is harry when everyone is tailgating behind you. Leaving is not as bad. I quit and should not of the day before I did I was very tired (no breaks from 12:30-4:30 ten min. would of been nice) and locked the co. vehicle's keys in the truck before end of shift. I felt terrible about it. The next day at 6:30 a.m. the shipping boss wanted me to sweep out the loading dock pit as punitive punishment I believe. Then I walked off the job. shame on me!

Hire people period! If somebody gets mad and quits look into the matter! Contingents are not always the bad guys!

Great opportunity to work for an International Company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at KUKA Robotics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

travel to Germany when applicable, great international team, fast paced environment. Management has a family first policy which really helps when there are situations at home which may need work to be somewhat flexible.

Cons

Some serious morale problems that are not addressed by upper management. Very different management expectations depending on which department. Not a unified company and serious departmental rivalries.

Very good place to work and learn

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Pune (India)

I have been working at KUKA Robotics

Pros

Fantastically engineered products.
    Motivated and highly driven people.
    Strong support from German Management.

Cons

Tendency to stick with areas where they expertise and not too open to reach out into virgin markets.

langweilige Arbeit, keine Herausforderungen boring work, no challenge

Former Employee - Intern in Augsburg, Bayern (Germany)
    Former Employee - Intern in Augsburg, Bayern (Germany)

I worked at KUKA Robotics as an intern (less than an year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Gute Bezahlung, Möglichkeit, viele verschiedene Unternehmen kennen zu lernen. Das Produkt ist am Anfang recht faszinierend, Sozial- und Zusatzleistungen sind okay

good salary, opportunities to see a lot of different companies, product is quite fascinating at the beginning, benefits are okay

Cons

Schlechte "Work-Life Balance", keine langfristigen Zielvorstellungen, das Produkt ist interessant, aber nicht auf dem neuesten Stand, viele Fehler im Management

bad work life balance, no long term vision, product is interesting but not state of the art, a lot of management mistakes

Sich um die Angestellten kümmern, lernen zu führen, aufhören damit, unnützes Zeug zu machen

take care of your employees, learn to lead, stop doing useless stuff