KVC Behavioral Healthcare (Formerly Kaw Valley Center)

www.kvc.org
Profile Unclaimed

KVC Behavioral Healthcare (Formerly Kaw Valley Center) Reviews

Updated February 12, 2015
Updated February 12, 2015
2.7

B. Wayne Sims

BHT/BHC position is best described as a kintergarten cop. Very intense but fullfiling work.

Current Employee - Behavior Health Counselor
    Current Employee - Behavior Health Counselor

I have been working at KVC Behavioral Healthcare (Formerly Kaw Valley Center) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Laid back, fullfillment in work and easy as long as you have patience and compassion.

Cons

BHT/BHC's are required to serve as direct care staff, security, and teachers. Disorganized leadership.

Team building seminars, too much inconsistency amoung staff. Confusing for children.

Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow. No change in this Company.

Current Employee - Case Manager in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at KVC Behavioral Healthcare (Formerly Kaw Valley Center) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pros are very limited. You receive a paycheck (limited salary) for your services. That's about it.

Cons

Everything except for the item listed as a pro..

Understand your role in the services you supposed to provide and place quality employees in positions to support your function. It is a buddy system and individuals are promoted to positions without meeting the minimum qualifications.

TERRIBLE EMPLOYER

I have been working at KVC Behavioral Healthcare (Formerly Kaw Valley Center)

Pros

You get to help children. That is the only good thing about this job.

Cons

This job is a joke. We get paid very little. I work hours and hours of overtime for not very much money. I was told when I was hired that I could "flex out that overtime" but that has NEVER happened. I am not allowed to claim overtime so that is time I am essentially "donating" to KVC. There are certain employees that have worked together forever. If you have a problem with one of those employees, you better look out because you are not going to get anywhere. They use you and abuse you. DO NOT WORK FOR KVC.

Learn to really pay attention to your employees. Some of us are over worked while some never even show up to the office. Why should I be there working my butt off when others get paid the same amount for not doing their job.

Working as case manager for less than year.

Current Employee - Therapeutic Case Manager in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Therapeutic Case Manager in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at KVC Behavioral Healthcare (Formerly Kaw Valley Center)

Pros

Benefits, great co workers, working with children and families.

Cons

After less than two weeks on the job I knew I made a terrible mistake and I immediately started looking for another job. More than half the staff on my team left and were replaced with new employees. It's very rare that I left work at the end of the day by 5pm. The responsibilities and demands placed on case managers are unrealistic and unobtainable. Your not only the case manager, your the support worker, transporter, scheduler, advocate, and service coordinator. If working as a case manager please know you will either do your job great and have no personal life or have a personal life and not do well at this job. Supervision is inconsistent, and not supportive. Training is a joke, your given a caseload before your properly trained. Unfortunately in the long run the ones that suffer the most are the children.

You have got to give case managers some sort of support staff to help with visits, referrals and local transportation, case plans etc. SUPERVISORS need to be evaluated by staff and the unproductive supervisors need to be fired. The director needs to be more visible to ALL staff and personable and at least act like you appreciate the hard work and dedication of your staff.

High Burnout

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at KVC Behavioral Healthcare (Formerly Kaw Valley Center)

Pros

Provided great healcare and dental

Cons

Supervisers stressed out trying to comply with their supervisors led to sloppy work and doing the minimal job just to comply with DCF-families weren't taken care of or cared about. Overall, too much to comply with led to poor care of clients.

-Break the communication barriers with DCF and the courts to cut down on useless paperwork
    -Raise employee pay, because that's ultimately the first cause of burnout
    -Talk to your case managers about what they need to succeed.
    -hold kvc town halls for employees to let them know they have a voice and then hear their concerns on how to make it better

Terrible training

Current Employee - Therapeutic Case Manager in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Therapeutic Case Manager in Lenexa, KS

Pros

flexible schedule, fairly good pay for a social worker job ($34,000 / year)

Cons

the "training" is a joke! there is never anyone around to answer your questions. You are put into stressful situations and often have no assistance.

please value your new employees and empower them with the knowledge of what they are doing, then perhaps the revolving door will slow down a bit!!!

KVC Behavioral Health

Former Employee - Therapeutic Case Manager in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Therapeutic Case Manager in Kansas City, KS

I worked at KVC Behavioral Healthcare (Formerly Kaw Valley Center) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay if Licensed by BSRB
    Good clientele
    Very helpful visitation assistance by workers so casemanagers are free to focus on case issues

Cons

very unorganized
    poor communication with supervisors and coworkers
    unsupportive
    extreme turnover that affects client/parent/foster parent trust/bond with case manager

Reorganize the company. Went downhill when KVC didn't get bid in the Manhattan area

KVC

Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Lawrence, KS

Pros

Loved helping families stay together and helping children through difficult situations. Flexible Schedule. Very family friendly organization with career opportunities available within the organization.

Cons

Pay lower than what I was used to, working in emotional situations that are beyond your control.

Better incentives to keep good employees.

Terribly Unorganized, Understaffed, and Haphazard

Current Employee - Case Manager in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Olathe, KS

I have been working at KVC Behavioral Healthcare (Formerly Kaw Valley Center) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working with children, good benefits

Cons

Being paid 35k a year for a caseload of 35 families, having bosses that don't communicate with each other and getting multiple answers on how to do things, receiving inadequate training which leads to unethical measures and lots of guessing on the spot, poor supervision, burnt out is inevitable.

Not even sure where to start...

Great organization with clear goals.

Pros

The IT director is very motivated to provide leading edge technology to both the employees and the families they serve.

Cons

Lack of communication/relationships between corporate and it's subsidiaries.

Work at KVC Behavioral Healthcare (Formerly Kaw Valley Center)? Share Your Experiences

KVC Behavioral Healthcare (Formerly Kaw Valley Center)