Kaba Benzing America

www.kaba-benzing-usa.com

Kaba Benzing America Reviews

2.0

Richard Souders

kaba workforce management needs accountability, and products!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I worked at Kaba Benzing America

Pros

most of the reasons to be there were people who no longer are there.

Cons

poor communications, poor product development, management is in over their heads, product management/development does not live in this decade and are very behind the curve, no accountability for services/support

to management in Switzerland & Germany, clean house!

Tiny company, some good, some bad

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Miramar, FL

I worked at Kaba Benzing America

Pros

Being a small company, there are lots of opportunities for working on meaningful projects, particularly when one demonstrates skill and potential.

Cons

Salary is below the average for the area for software developers. Poor management hiring practices of fresh college grads. While a college degree in computer science or engineering is a must to get hired here, it should only be a baseline. One college grad in recent times was hired and could not even figure out the simplest of tasks in writing software and somehow manages to still be employed today, and I still have to help carry him through most of his projects. It seems as though management recycles the same old technical questions on interviews and people find out what they are and study them, rather than being able to answer them without foreknowledge of what the questions are. This was actually foolishly admitted by this recent grad who majored in computer engineering.

Also just as well, the company has historically favored hiring fresh grads on student visas, because they can pay them well below the average and also have them bound to the company while they are in process of trying to become a us resident (i.e. a sponsorship). This is not entirely a bad thing, most of these recent grads have little to no alternative in the workforce and must take the best they can get. In fact, I'm one of them too. But if you're not in that situation you will be better off seeking employment somewhere else where your salary should at least be average for the area. I couldn't envision a us citizen wanting to work here as a developer for low pay unless out of dire need to pay the bills. This is just a simple but truthful observation.

Clean up your hiring practices.

Worked for Kaba Benzing America? Contribute to the Community!