Kadence International

Updated September 24, 2014
Updated September 24, 2014
3.3

Kieron Mathews & Owen Jenkins

A great learning experience.

Current Employee - Insight Executive in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Insight Executive in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Kadence International

Pros

Learning a wide variety of Marketing Techniques.

Cons

The compensation and benefits are not what I would hope.

Compensate better.

Great learning experience, low pay.

I worked at Kadence International full-time

Pros

This is a fun place to work most days. Upper management has wonderful attitudes and are open to suggestions for improvements and changes from everyone at the company. Opinions are valued and appreciated.

Cons

The pay is low for the work/hours expected.

Be realistic in doling out responsibilities. Raises should be correlated with increased workload to keep talent in house.

Overall, my experience at Kadence is a positive one with some drawbacks.

Current Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Kadence International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work at Kadence are people, the flexibility, and the interesting nature or the market research work.

Cons

The main downside is they don't do annual reviews and as a research interviewer there are layoffs at slow times.

My advice to upper management is to continue with the positve attitudes.

An awful company to work for

I worked at Kadence International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Technically, the people are nice and friendly is a pro, but once you get to know the staff members, they are very dissatisfied with the company as a whole.

Cons

There are too many negative points to mention here, but I will try.
    1. The structure of the company is chaotic. During my two years at the company, we lost thousands of pounds by not adhering to deadlines – because staff members were too over-worked and burdened with pressure.
    2. Perhaps what was most shambolic at Kadence was that occasionally, the research that we sent to clients was botched or not fully finished due to time constraints.
    3. It has been mentioned by numerous other former employees on this website, but the pay is very low. You can get better pay and a better experience at other companies. Paying low wages to employees inevitably discourages them from putting in their full effort, which explains why some reports we produced were so poor and we subsequently lost so many clients.
    4. Again, I am echoing the sentiments of other former employees, but there is a huge disconnect between senior management and other staff members. Whilst some staff members are expected to frequently work late nights and at weekends for a low salary, there are other (more senior) staff members who I cannot unfortunately name, that frequently take half-days off and have four holidays a year. During my two years at the company, there are certain senior employees who I never saw work a full week, whilst others had to work day and night to try and recover the disastrous situation that was emerging.
    5. A lot of the claims that Kadence make on their website are simply not true or exaggerated. They over-emphasise the praise that they receive from clients and unsurprisingly, do not mention any of the criticism or negative feedback that they get. In reality, they receive far more criticism as a company than praise.
    6. When you are sent to travel abroad for work with Kadence, you are expected to fund your own accommodation and flights – what other company has that policy?
    7. Their maternity structure was awful – paying women on maternity leave £90 a week. When you have a child and are living in London, it is almost impossible to survive on that salary. They should have far more respect for their employees.

In conclusion, do not make the same mistakes that I did and do not work for Kadence. Four months after leaving, I can say that there are much better companies around who care far more about their employees than Kadence and who pay far better salaries. With the rate that the company was losing clients whilst I was there, I am very uncertain about the company’s future and so pleased to leave when I did.

There needs to be a root-and-branch reform of the senior management of the company, otherwise they will run it into the ground. Many senior members of staff need to leave in order for the company to be saved and have a prosperous future – at the moment, it looks doomed. Management should take on board what employees have to say and also look at improving the pay structure.

It was challenging yet rewarding

Former Employee - Associate Director in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I worked at Kadence International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Merit based company. Very fair , it encourages you to develop your potency to the fullest at the same provides you with necessary support

Cons

The industry will generally require long hours of work

Keep the culture alive

Great opportunity to be creative, learn and progress

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Kadence International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great positive "can do" attitude among the teams. Opportunities to get involved across a variety of sectors and in multiple project types, methodologies etc. Lots of variety and a positive, open working environment.

Cons

Can be hard work but that comes with the nature of working in an agency. Still better work-life balance than many of the big players.

The right place to challenge your self

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at Kadence International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good working environment and team work with a bunch of dedicated, talented people. Excellent place to learn and implement idea. The management is good and cooperative.

Cons

As company keep growing and the number of clients are rising, sometimes we need to stay longer in the office, but that's normal for an agency. However it was paid off by the compensation, bonuses, and additional leaves.

Keep motivate and stay close to the employees.

Excellent Place to work for ambitious candidate / employee

I have been working at Kadence International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Complete freedom to learn and experiment new ideas. Management trains / gives insight / reviews the presentation made by employees. Structured training program, Company focuses on process and people. Understands the client requirement and work towards it and gives importance to VOC “Voice of Client”.

Cons

As we are more focused on Client servicing, there are times in which we need to work late in office.

Keep up the good work

Working environment was not conducive for collaboration and sharing

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Kadence International part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Good compensation
    - Flexible working hours
    - Variety of business projects to work on

Cons

- Senior management were not very approachable
    - Corporate values were non-existent.
    - Talent acquisition and management were bad, they don't know how to differentiate between good/bad employees.

Stay true to your values and ideals. Motivate your employees with your vision. Stay close to those working in the field.

Challenging work environment with work culture of putting in long hours.

I have been working at Kadence International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Steep learning curve. Early client exposure. Opportunity to work on a variety of projects types with clients in a variety of sectors.

Cons

Low importance given to employee welfare. Very poor on work life balance. Low patience level among top management. Top management having unrealistic expectations from the employees. High attrition rate.

Kadence International Photos