Kahala
www.kahalacorp.com Scottsdale, AZ 500 to 999 Employees

Kahala Reviews

Updated Nov 3, 2013
Kahala – Northridge – “Surf City”

Kevin Blackwell

Great teen job, being my first job i have a lot of fun experience.

Cashier, Drink Prep (Former Employee)
Northridge, CA

I worked at Kahala

ProsIf you are a teen in school and want spare money by all means go for this job its great to have and fun to work with other employees. You will have lots of good memories.

ConsIf you stayed 20 minutes after you wouldnt get paid for that extra time, usually it would be because the customers would come right when closing so we had to stay and take their order.

Advice to Senior Managementdidnt really have a management other then our boss coming in during the morning to stock and open the store, few days when we were short on staff he would work but would leave when it wasnt as busy. My boss at the time trained me for a day and the rest i picked it up with my friends that worked there. Everyone got paid the same so everyone was equal.

Still waiting for upper management to step up and show some leadership.

Franchisee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kahala full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSome of the individual brands have great potential for growth and success.

ConsThere does not seem to be a clear game plan to grow this company. If there's one, it is not shared with the employees working in the field or the franchisees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the field employees and franchisees into the loop as to what the company goals are and the plans to achieve them. Having a national meeting or even regional meetings would greatly improve communication and help boost moral.

Low stress, decent paying job.

Cashier (Current Employee)
West Nyack, NY

I have been working at Kahala

ProsIt is a very relaxed job, most of the times except for lunch time when there are tons of people at the line. You get to eat Blimpie subs every day of the week. The pay is not amazing but what can you expect for a labor job. The food is good and you get to smell it all day long. It's also in an indoor location, which my last job was not, so you do not have to worry about weather. Blimpies is overall a great place to work and it is not a very stressful job; most people could do it.

ConsAlthough Blimpie has many reasons to work their there are also many down sides. There is little room or chance that you will climb the ladder and advance through the ranks. Usually the shops are privately owned by one owner and the highest you can advance to is manager but that is unlikely since one manager is chosen and then they stick to that one individual. Blimpie's also does not have comprehensive health care or 401k plans. This is not surprising though , since this is a fast food place is hardly considered a well paying or high level job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more opportunites for advancement in the company.

Cold

Franchisee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kahala

ProsNot much to say/ Nationwide. Great food franchise's.

ConsKahala does not care about evolving their restaurants. Their is no creativity. They only care about making as much money off of the franchisee as possible instead of bettering the product..

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp the franchisee's more to better the product instead of making it harder on them by taking more money from them. ex: If it is cheaper for the franchisee to make fresh fries from potatoes, why make the restaurants use more expensive less tasting frozen fries?

Worked for Kahala? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kahala reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kahala CEO Kevin Blackwell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kahala employees.