Kahn Lucas

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Fun place to learn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsMy manager gave me the opportunity to learn from other departments, many birthday celebrations, always busy and always someone willing to show how to do something or the company's aesthetics.

Consno pay for credit-bearing interns but expect full-time availability, not much room to advance to a full-time position, employees are nice to interns but come down hard on each other, a lot of work but not enough staff which leads to many staying later

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more assistants or pay all interns (would most likely stick around after semester) to lighten the load, especially in the Production department

Only a company I would recommend for entry level/to get your foot in the door as thats as much as you'll grow

Associate Designer (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prossomewhere a little girl is happy she has a nice dress

Consnot much for position growth, senior designers are all weird and really don't care to see any of their team grow to higher positions, low salary, and they will put u to work on other jobs that aren't necessarily what u were hired to do, upper management hires their friends which aren't always the most qualified (it is a very "clicky" environment)

Advice to Senior Managementthere needs to be better potential for growth for everyone not just higher management

The company is 100+ years old, that says something!

(Current Employee)

ProsVery stable and changing with the times. I have taken on many responsibilities since joining so there is opportunity to grow. Both Owner and President are both very good people to work with. I've been at Kahn Lucas for over 10 years since Owner took over and the business has grown a lot. Its also nice that we are doing some good for the world through a mission in Africa. The company isn't perfect but does have very good values which is why many are here.

ConsThe industry in a tough one.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training and development opportunities outside of execs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great family work environment

Proslots of learning opportunities, good pay, decent benefits, good managers, nice work environment, The ability to be challenged is definitely there.

Consvery fast paced, consider a 401K match,

Advice to Senior Managementkeep communicationg your plans

Dream job

ProsThe is a lot of autonomy at the company. You are given the tools you need to be successful and the time to accomplish the goals.

ConsSome employees don't know how great they have it.

Great Compant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEven though it is a large company, there is a family vibe when you work there

ConsSometimes there can be bickering among employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and honest with employees

Toxic Work Enviroment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGenerally very talented people to work with

ConsToo many to list. Family business that is being run by son-new owner who's small minded, narcissistic, and self absorbed. Extremely high turn over rate, terrible benefits (That's what HR calls them), break-neck rush to get petty things done, terrible IT support, micromanagement at every level. Long hours, high stress levels and no appreciation by the current owner

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up! Penny wise, pound foolishness never turned any company around. Start treating your employees as assets, not overhead. Firing good people will not solve your cash flow problems.

Mind boggling

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOther then getting some experience, I can't name any reason to work here.

ConsOwner is a 12 year boy in a $5000 suit with a penny wise, pound foolish mentality. Blames his employees for the poor decisions he's made. Benefits are barely above WalMart level (Where the owner was trained ironically). Health Care Insurance is a joke. Very long hours with no appreciation from management. The atmosphere is like a zoo during feeding time.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother giving advice to someone who's convinced the entire world revolves around them?

Don't do it - - it's a nightmare

Prosnone - stay away from this place.

ConsVery manipulative atmosphere, high turn over. Financial problems, very hostile environment.. No bonuses - the health benefits are no good. Employees are not appreciated. Shady management.
    Penny smart - dollar stupid. Very negative place to work. The owner is delusional. They have a habit of hiring unqualified people and put them in positions setting them up for failure - all this because they are thinking that they are saving a few pennies.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't get your act together this company will be closed in 2 years.

The owner is trying to run an apparel company like a Wall street company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou get a gift on your first day of work

ConsThis company does nothing at all to boost employee morale. The employees are encouraged to snitch on each other, which creates a very catty work environment. The systems are very old and antiquated. No summer hours. Not family friendly. High turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementWake Up! The health insurance is terrible. Low raises. Not one employee is happy about doing their job. No bonuses. Lots of meetings about non sense. If you try to leave on time- everyone has a comment. Everyone is in everyone's business, not to mention that everyone thinks that they know how to do everyone's job. No support from upper management. Lots of overworked and underpaid employees whose needs are constantly ignored. The employees are so unhappy; they are almost like cannibals towards each other. This is not an ideal place to work. At the rate that this company is going if there are open for another five years it will be a miracle.

Worked for Kahn Lucas? Contribute to the Community!