www.kaiserpermanente.org

3.7
1,865 Reviews

Kaiser Permanente Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bernard J. Tyson
Bernard J. Tyson

Pros
  • Allowed me to telecommute once a week so promoted a healthy work-life balance (in 158 reviews)

• Great benefits - while I was there there was a very flexible work schedule (in 201 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance available to doctors; not the same for administrative staff (in 45 reviews)

• Upper management is adept at finding new ways to run their best employees off (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

KP is overall a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, strong culture and leadership, loyal members

Cons

Healthcare is rapidly changing and it can be a struggle to keep up with this fast pace industry

Many people are on-the-job retired

Former Employee - Director in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Aurora, CO

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great experience as a patient of Kaiser! Great services offered and KP keeps in front and uses technology to the benefit of the patient.

Cons

It is not fast-paced at all. Many people appear to be hoping no one notices they don't work much. The expectations and the accountability are low. I am not sure how they provide such great patient care with what happens in the "back offices."

Create a strong vision, hire motivated and driven people and hold them accountable for some lofty goals.

Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There were some good people that worked there. Other than that, absolutely no pros.

Cons

Terrible leadership, unethical management team, terrible compensation, terrible benefits. I would not send my worst enemy to work for this terrible company. I worked here for almost 3 years and only found a handful of decent people. No training. Minimal work-life balance.

Fire your entire management staff and under performing employees and start over.

Current Employee - Sales & Account Management in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Sales & Account Management in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stability, Union/Health Administration/Physician Partnership, Growth opportunities, Amazing!! Employee benefits. Community involvement. Valued as an employee. Flexibility to move to other regions and most of all part of something that makes a difference.

Cons

Kaiser Time ...Things do not always progress as quickly as one might wish they would. With in the walls of Kaiser Permanente change can take some time to happen, but when it does nothing stops us in quality, customer service, dedication and performance.

Health Care Reform is just around the corner. Stepping up to the plate and recognizing where improvement is needed and continuing to stay strong in what we know best is the key to our success. KP needs to be more like a Chameleon ...and be ready for the unexpected as well as ready to change with the future.

Disorganized

Current Employee - Database Developer in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Database Developer in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros

The pay is good and the work is interesting

Cons

The company is very big and very disorganized. If I need to get something done or access to a system, no one knows how to request it. Local IT can't perform simple tasks, so they end up getting outsourced. Once it gets to India, simple tasks take months to complete.

Awful Management

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

good benefits and good pay

Cons

Awful management; they get paid way too much to play politics all day; lots of favoritism and unequal treatment. Get rid of the 6 figure management and past the savings to the people that matter = the patients!

Too many stuffed shirts; paid too much; get real!

Overall a very poor experience. Management in the EMR department is awful and the senior director needs to be fired.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Aurora, CO

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Overall nice people except for the senior director and HR is very difficult to work with.

Cons

1) Very low salaries.
    2) Poor management
    3) Senior directors do not know the amount of work their employees are actually doing.
    4) They do not know how to do resource allocations.
    5) The physicians run the company. If they say do something, everyone jumps right on it even if it is not the most logical or strategic decision.
    6) No strategic planning.

Spend more time understanding what your employees are working on and get to know them. Work on resource allocations and planning the work versus waiting till something happens to take action. Look at the senior director in the EMR department and her management skills.

Kaiser Permanente is a good place to work if yoiu know people in management. That is the only way you will move up.

Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

benefits are very good and cheap.

Cons

like high school. Management was not organized.

give qualified employees a chance to move up.

KP Medical delivery and IT fabulous, KP Admin and IT lousy

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Electronic health records and medical delivery system is far superior than any other insurance carrier/medical provider and KP has set the benchmark. Online capabilities for members is amazing.

Cons

Unions are problematic, union employees have little to no incentive to get things done in a timely fashion, nor do they work outside their set list of duties. Rarely do they go above and beyond. Computer system on administrative side is archiach and needs a complete overhaul.

Invest some profits in the administrative computer system. Develop systems that integrate and can upload, download, import, export, etc... The lack of system integration between departments is ridiculously inefficient and wastes time and money.

goals too high

Former Employee - Sales in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Aurora, CO

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

good beneftts cane work from home

Cons

union workers /non union workers in same department does not work

Get leadership in sales that has worked in the field. Treat people with respect