Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser Permanente Reviews in Aurora, CO

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Kaiser Permanente Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bernard J. Tyson

Bernard J. Tyson

Pros
  • Some opportunity for work life balance depending on your superior (in 136 reviews)

• Great benefits - while I was there there was a very flexible work schedule (in 175 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no "work life balance" at Kaiser, contrary to the expressed platitude (in 36 reviews)

• Upper management is adept at finding new ways to run their best employees off (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights
10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

KP is overall a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsGreat benefits, strong culture and leadership, loyal members

ConsHealthcare is rapidly changing and it can be a struggle to keep up with this fast pace industry

Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsThere were some good people that worked there. Other than that, absolutely no pros.

ConsTerrible leadership, unethical management team, terrible compensation, terrible benefits. I would not send my worst enemy to work for this terrible company. I worked here for almost 3 years and only found a handful of decent people. No training. Minimal work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire your entire management staff and under performing employees and start over.

Kaiser Permanente

Sales & Account Management (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsStability, Union/Health Administration/Physician Partnership, Growth opportunities, Amazing!! Employee benefits. Community involvement. Valued as an employee. Flexibility to move to other regions and most of all part of something that makes a difference.

ConsKaiser Time ...Things do not always progress as quickly as one might wish they would. With in the walls of Kaiser Permanente change can take some time to happen, but when it does nothing stops us in quality, customer service, dedication and performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementHealth Care Reform is just around the corner. Stepping up to the plate and recognizing where improvement is needed and continuing to stay strong in what we know best is the key to our success. KP needs to be more like a Chameleon ...and be ready for the unexpected as well as ready to change with the future.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disorganized

Database Developer (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsThe pay is good and the work is interesting

ConsThe company is very big and very disorganized. If I need to get something done or access to a system, no one knows how to request it. Local IT can't perform simple tasks, so they end up getting outsourced. Once it gets to India, simple tasks take months to complete.

Awful Management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

Prosgood benefits and good pay

ConsAwful management; they get paid way too much to play politics all day; lots of favoritism and unequal treatment. Get rid of the 6 figure management and past the savings to the people that matter = the patients!

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many stuffed shirts; paid too much; get real!

Overall a very poor experience. Management in the EMR department is awful and the senior director needs to be fired.

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsOverall nice people except for the senior director and HR is very difficult to work with.

Cons1) Very low salaries.
    2) Poor management
    3) Senior directors do not know the amount of work their employees are actually doing.
    4) They do not know how to do resource allocations.
    5) The physicians run the company. If they say do something, everyone jumps right on it even if it is not the most logical or strategic decision.
    6) No strategic planning.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time understanding what your employees are working on and get to know them. Work on resource allocations and planning the work versus waiting till something happens to take action. Look at the senior director in the EMR department and her management skills.

Kaiser Permanente is a good place to work if yoiu know people in management. That is the only way you will move up.

Member Services Representative (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

Prosbenefits are very good and cheap.

Conslike high school. Management was not organized.

Advice to Senior Managementgive qualified employees a chance to move up.

KP Medical delivery and IT fabulous, KP Admin and IT lousy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsElectronic health records and medical delivery system is far superior than any other insurance carrier/medical provider and KP has set the benchmark. Online capabilities for members is amazing.

ConsUnions are problematic, union employees have little to no incentive to get things done in a timely fashion, nor do they work outside their set list of duties. Rarely do they go above and beyond. Computer system on administrative side is archiach and needs a complete overhaul.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest some profits in the administrative computer system. Develop systems that integrate and can upload, download, import, export, etc... The lack of system integration between departments is ridiculously inefficient and wastes time and money.

goals too high

Sales (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

Prosgood beneftts cane work from home

Consunion workers /non union workers in same department does not work

Advice to Senior ManagementGet leadership in sales that has worked in the field. Treat people with respect

Exellent Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

Prosflexible, friendly, respectful, and fairly compensated

Consthere are too many "entitled" employees withing the organization

Advice to Senior Managementclean out the dead weight

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!