Kaiser Permanente Reviews

Reset
3.7
Kaiser Permanente Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bernard J. Tyson
Bernard J. Tyson

Pros
  • Some opportunity for work life balance depending on your superior (in 158 reviews)

• Great benefits - that's about it (in 201 reviews)

Cons
  • Doesn't practice work life balance (in 45 reviews)

• Terrible unethical upper management (in 38 reviews)

1. Environmental Services

Former Employee - Environmental Services in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Environmental Services in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros

The People That You Work For And The People You Work With Are Wonderful. And The Hospital is An Amazing Placy To Work

Cons

I Do Not Know Of Any

Advice to Management

All Management Should Be Helpful And Understanding. And Treat All Employees Equally

2. Great place to work

Current Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits and the environment make you feel like home and working among family.

Cons

It is hard at times to work in the customer service area but at the same time gratifying.

3. Operations Manager

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

KP offers as you might expect great health benefits, company pension and contributions to retirement plans, strong focus on compliance and adherence to rules and regulations.

Cons

Senior management often acts in self serving ways and pursues goals and priorities at odds with mission statement of the organization.

Advice to Management

Take the organization's mission statement serious and be more judicious when outsourcing services and spending the company's money.

5. Excellent job.

Current Employee - LVN II in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - LVN II in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Class schedule accommodations. Excellent benefit package. Good work environment. Good worker management relationship. Highly recommended. The best job for lvn.

Cons

None. Don't have anything I can see that is wrong with my job. Everething is very fair. Maybe a little more lenient in tardies or call out policies.

6. Great company, terrible co workers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, great software and material support

Cons

The people I worked with were just evil. The seniority system and general environment at my location was encouraged by management.

Advice to Management

Like they are going to listen? Please, Obamacare is going to make them all rich. And will only get better for them as its fees kick in.

A great company outside of the Marketing area.

Current Employee - A Feel Like A Slave in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - A Feel Like A Slave in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company benefit package, large company. Work anywhere except Marketing.

Cons

I've only been in the Marketing area. Leadership is fake, they bully, retaliate, block opportunities for advancement because they laid everyone off and overwork those who are left to the point where they leave the company for better opportunities. They "calibrate" all employees, aka talk about them like dogs, gossip about it, and wonder why people quit. There are at least 600 employees in the Marketing organization and I don't know anyone who is happy. everything is personal. They gossip and Compliance needs to deal with them, HR is a bunch of puppets. I'm sure working elsewhere is a positive experience.

Advice to Management

Get other jobs, retire, because you don't know what you're doing here. Pay people what they are worth, demonstrate value, get trained by HR in EEO, labor laws, ethics and you won't drive out who you actually want to keep.

8. Lab assistant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Great benifits, union, great pay

Cons

Hard to get in because it is union

Advice to Management

None

9. Excellent Company to work with !!!

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is an excellent company to work with. It is in the very respectable domain of healthcare and is the largest HMO in USA. Has a great history and is in operation from 1945. Has great founders, management, Has earned its place in the Healthcare Domain both by the number of hospitals it owns, number of healthcare professionals it employs as well as number of healthcare members it has served/serving. It hired me from India in 2000, relocated to USA, promised greencard. Also initiated the greencard processing, provided stable employment for 7+ yrs, Company has implemented latest/greatest IT technologies. It has the financial wherewithal to provide the best healthcare as well as employ best employees. Company initiated my greencard processing.I also purchased car, house in the USA. I had to come to India for a personal vacation in 2007 which got extended beyond my controls. My greencard filed by Kaiser was approved for I140 (2nd stage of greencard processing) in 2008. Before I came to India my manager told that greencard processing would take time and asked me to go to India complete the personal work and then apply for Kaiser and they would rehire. I have reapplied many times since 2010. They have not yer rehired me. However daily receiving emails to apply.Hope that they would rehire me immediately, relocate me to USA immediately and provide me the job to continue working in the USA.

Cons

Company could have advised me to not to go for vacation in 2007 when greencard processing was in full swing. They could have maintained informal contacts with me when I had gone for vacation and relocated/rehired me back to USA when the things got delayed in the vacation.

Advice to Management

Request management to rehire me immediately, relocate me to the USA, provide me the greencard as promised and provide me long term employment to work for Kaiser in USA.

10. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, nice bonuses, work life balance and happy employees

Cons

Now at this time, everything is working great. Hopefully remains this way

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

11. Amazing Job

Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

• great pay •very involved •many events to engage with its staff and members (patients)

Cons

•not a wide variety of fresh food to eat at the cafe

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing !

Showing 379 of 2,512 reviews