Kaiser Permanente

89 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall Great place to work,

Manager (Current Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

ProsGreat benefits, 403b matching contributions, overall good work/life balance, excellent health benefits, great mission statement and most employees strive to live up to it

ConsLimited opportunities for advancement, limited training opportunities; too many layers and politics; high emphasis on optics and not enough on substance

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be more hands on and focus on business and care execution and less on politics.

Very secure but very slow to advance.

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

ProsThe company is secure and the benefits are great.

ConsIt can be frustrating to try to get your job done because of how slow moving everything is due to the amount of bureaucracy that accompanies an employer of this size.

Many people stay with the company a long time so a) many tenured coast by doing as little as possible and b) highly motivated and skilled staff leave when there is no hint of advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress issues with underperforming employees rather than having other employees have to make up the gap. Maintaining advanced patient care is really important but sometimes it is just as important to spend money to advance behind the scenes supporting departments/software/equipment.

Overall great company to work for...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

ProsGreat benefits, plenty of employee involvement and events. Depending on departments and job, most are flexible. Many long-term employees. Opportunity to advance is available and depends on timing can be plenty.

ConsDepending on department and management - can be hard to fix bad management. HR are too close to managers and will require outside help to deal with issues. Other departments and managements may not be the case - most are wiling to help make things better.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

ProsGreat environment, good team work values and great benefits.

Conssmall office space, limited parking, and a lot of multi-tasking.

Poorly run, unethical company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

ProsI can't think of a single good thing about this place.

ConsPoor management. Incompetent, back-stabbing co-workers. Groups work in silos and do not communicate well with each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your so-called company values instead of just ignoring your incompetent upper management.

Best Places to Work in IT

Data Analyst (Current Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

ProsBenefits are excellent, work/life balance is part of the culture, solid leadership and processes.

ConsHard to get a promotion because their Performance Review process is not strong.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemosntrate real interest in employee's career growth.

responsible for entire facility hvac,plumbing,electrical,277 lighting,fire alarm

Lead Engineer (Former Employee)

Prosexcellent salary & benefits,work enviroment

Consskelenton crews, overwhelming work load

Good Work Life Balance

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible Work Schedule is a big plus

ConsPay can be a lot better

Advice to Senior ManagementInterview the right people and throw slackers out

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great benefits, but don't expect loyalty

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

ProsReally good benefits (many of which kick-in the day you start). Lots of time-off accumulation. The company does try to keep a healthy environment for the workers and encourage healthy habits

ConsQuestionable management - lots of useless middle manager (which takes Years to get rid of) and NO loyalty to its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be aware of where Value-added truly is. The mid-level mangers and so-called "directors" are not it :-/

Keep your head down and work seems a risky montra for the Kaiser future.

Business Consultant (Former Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

ProsSocial networking (Ideabook) facilitating cultural change. Enterprise architecture preparing for the new Kaiser. Great health database.

ConsUnstable management, innovation is not encouraged, HR trying to push change that they do not know the impact. HR likes to give test to filter out existing employee personalities.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a collaborative and innovative environment that includes people in addition to doctors. Push for accommodating change through understanding services and processes.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Kaiser Permanente Videos

Kaiser Permanente – Why Work for Us?

At Kaiser Permanente, we stand for health. Yours. Ours. Everyone’s. That means we advocate the well-being of people and their parts—like hips and hearts, for instance. And to better serve those parts, we study them. In… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings in Pasadena, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All 89 reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.