Kaiser Permanente

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.5 1,523 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bernard J. Tyson

Bernard J. Tyson

Pros
  • Some opportunity for work life balance depending on your superior(in 136 reviews)

• Great benefits - while I was there there was a very flexible work schedule(in 174 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no "work life balance" at Kaiser, contrary to the expressed platitude(in 36 reviews)

• Upper management is adept at finding new ways to run their best employees off(in 35 reviews)

1,523 Employee Reviews

Treat front-line employees with respect.

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood compensation, good company values, diverse workforce. Great health care provided to all employees. Good opportunities to work at multiple facilities.

ConsSenior management not in tune with how many of their front-line managers use intimidation, not respect to manage their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a "safe" environment with front-line employees to express their concerns regarding their work environment and then you will have employees who will commit to the success of your organization.

Great benefits and employee appreciation; variety of manager types - most are great.

ProsClean environment; nice offices; good pay.

ConsGood luck trying to get a vacation. The work piles up and you are just as exhausted when you return as when you left.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to hire from TEMP agencies - it's too difficult to get in through the "regular" app route.

if you're looking for just another job .. don't look here! But if you're looking for a CAREER!! the buck stop here!!

Teleservice Representative (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsBenefits, pay, and management. The epitome of a career with unlimited stability.

ConsIf you don't like to make money , help others in a proficient and professional manner; go above and beyond to provide excellent customer service ... then this entire job may be a con for you ...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging and enjoyable

Director of Finance (Current Employee)

ProsPoorly warehouses data that makes analysis more challenging

ConsGrowth opportunities are limited in small markets and vacation time accrues slowly in the first years.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to find ways to pay raises

good place to work

Surg Tech (Former Employee) Salem, OR

Prosgood team work good hours

ConsI cant think of any. none

Advice to Senior ManagementIt wouldnt matter anyway.

It was a great place to work and grow professionally.

Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTeams, good benefits, recognition, great opportunity for professional grown.

Conslots of hoops to jump through

Regional AACC Intern

Intern (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsGreat leadership development opportunities with experience cohort of managers and directors. Very personable and likable coworkers.

ConsCubicle work, sometimes limited interactions with coworkers depending on project.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more resources to reimburse employees for continuing education.

best place to work

Staff RN (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

Prosgreat pay, great benefits, annual bonuses based on performance, nurse to patient ratio is manageable, good values, lots of patient education, offers all in one place services

Conshard to get days off at times due to seniority, not many bad things, doctors work well with the staff

good work life balance

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsWork hours are flexible. Great work-life balance.

ConsLarge company culture. Could be slow at times.

MA/RN

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsManagement has a different agenda given by HQ

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport staff

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!