Kaiser Permanente

Updated Feb 24, 2014

Kaiser Permanente Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bernard J. Tyson

Bernard J. Tyson

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great vision, and caring about employees as a human being.

Maintenance (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

ProsKP is a non for profit organization, thriving to serve the community. It is a great place to work because statistics can prove, low turnover rate in all department.

ConsWith bad economy and focus on healthcare cost, they are looking for many ways to save money, and some position are getting outsource.
Be careful with some new managers who doesn't want to embrace the company culture, they can give you headache. daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring and promoting to Management position non-educated people. They are not open-minded and will only make the organization less efficient and deteriorate employees moral.

Good place for new college grad

Business Analyst (Intern) (Current Employee)
Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente as an intern for less than a year

ProsIt is a good place for new college grad. I am very thankful for the opportunity at Kaiser Permanente. I have developed my problem solving skills and improved my communication technique.

ConsOnly for internship:
No healthcare or benefits
Low payment

Mixed

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

ProsGreat health and retirement benefits. Flexible work hours and great coworkers. Vacation, sick and time off package in general is great. Salary is decent.

ConsDirect IT managers have poor management and people skills. They do not follow the company procedures and expect their direct reports to do the same. Information technology managers are not trustworthy. They encourage employees to tattle. They are petty.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet training on how to manage people in order to encourage excellent performance. Encourage positive work environment and not devision among employees. People work better when the work enviromnent is less hostile.

Looks Better from the Outside

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

ProsName recognition and branding helps with career advancement once you leave. Get the experience and leave for better organizations. The national footprint is helpful if you must move to another area of the country and need a quick job.

ConsA number of jobs at Kaiser are revolving doors while others are more stable. The "Kaiser Way" is hard to get used to and not transferable to other organizations. The culture is very unique to Kaiser. Some will find it too controlling, most will find it odd to some degree. The east coast operation is very different than that of the west coast, so investigate before you make the jump. It looks better from the outside than it does once you get in.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will find even more success by maintaining a consistent labor force and reducing turnover. The use of contract workers is fine, but the Kaiser Way is difficult to learn quickly, so their effectiveness may be diminished to some degree during the early part of their tenure. Better training and on-boarding would be helpful.

Kaiser take notice

RN Clinical Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

ProsGood pay. Experience is valuable to other employers. Work life and family life are blended well. Association with other professionals.

ConsVolume and delivery are at odds. Being spread thin can cause problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved so that empathy for the pressure experienced at the delivery level can be recognized and mediated

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Kaiser Permanente Videos

Kaiser Permanente – Why Work for Us?

At Kaiser Permanente, we stand for health. Yours. Ours. Everyone’s. That means we advocate the well-being of people and their parts—like hips and hearts, for instance. And to better serve those parts, we study them. In… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings in Silver Spring, MD — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.