Kalamazoo Valley Community College
www.kvcc.edu Kalamazoo, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Kalamazoo Valley Community College Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

KVCC is a good school with intelligent people working there

Athletic Coach (Former Employee)
Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Kalamazoo Valley Community College part-time for more than a year

ProsThe athletic department has good communication, and works together well.

ConsSome of the facilities are not as good as other colleges.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Mostly positive. Students and staff for the most part want to succeed.

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee)
Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Kalamazoo Valley Community College as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsMost students that I have encountered are serious about their work. Teaching in that positive environment makes for a happy workplace. Staff seems genuinely focused on helping students achieve their goals.

ConsSome people on staff really like their drama. If they can't watch their soap operas at home, they'll make one up at work. If you can stay away from the drama queens, you should be alright.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, keep heading in the direction you're going.

Overall positive group of people, very nice facilities

I have been working at Kalamazoo Valley Community College

ProsA good number of smart instructors. Smart, caring management. Or if the ones that aren't so smart, are at least caring.
The facilities are top-notch, paid for by a residential property tax--all residents pay for KVCC even if they never attend!
Every class has a few really engaged students who can provide some feeling of accomplishment and value to you as a teacher.

Cons- Like any organization, there are some bizarre or silly rules that make no sense
- Many students are zoned out and distracted
- The pay for a part-time or adjunct instructor is almost criminally low--if it wasn't an interesting and overall positive experience to part-time teach, they would have no instructors--no one could live on this salary

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to shovel some of that tax millage money into teacher salaries

Worked for Kalamazoo Valley Community College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kalamazoo Valley Community College reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Kalamazoo Valley Community College employees.