Kaleida Health Reviews

Jody L. Lomeo

1. LPN

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Union gives nurses protection against subjective management. Pay is good. Able to move up, change positions.

Cons

Management sucks! HR doesn't know policy and tries to get a dumb in-the-pocket union steward to go along with breaking contract.

Advice to Management

Stop screwing the union nurses over your secret bonuses!

2. RN

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job. I care about my patients but it seems leadership just care about the almighty buck. I do love when I can give the care i know patients should receive.

Cons

Awful leadership that don't listen or seem to care. Goal isn't to care for patients, but to get them ASAP regardless if they're healthy enough. A lot of lip service about family, best practice, blah-blah-blah... It's all talk.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.

3. Environmental Service Aide

Current Employee - Environmental Service Aide in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Environmental Service Aide in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Kaleida Health (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is always work available within the department. And sometimes the jobs assigned might need two workers to complete it.

Cons

managers do not communicate with each other and makes the job difficult to complete. two managers assign 2 different workers to the same areas.

5. Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clarence, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clarence, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health (Less than a year)

Pros

Time off, flexibility in working hours, advancement

Cons

Prior Sr. Management was never around.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

6. LPN in LTC

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Kaleida Health part-time

Pros

Kaleida is growing and it's exciting to be able to participate

Cons

The expectations of LTC are unrealistic

Advice to Management

Shadow staff on each shift to get a REAL perspective of what we do

7. Satisfied Overall

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Buffalo, NY

Pros

I was passionate about my job, great project opportunities, good management and coworkers but was laid off due to business conditions without any prior notice

Cons

Pay is not up to industry standards, benefits are sub par

Advice to Management

Staff engagement is critical in high performance, pay should be up to market conditions

A churning culture...

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of good people, with good intentions who are focused on healthcare and helping patients. Experience is good as you are exposed to many different systems and learn a little about a lot of them. 28 days paid vacation is not bad at all.

Cons

Lack of communication! Nobody knows what others are doing. Common to have others working on similar projects, only to find out after the 2 systems are in Production. Too many applications to count. They could benefit from application consolidation and defining and streamlining processes. They are understaffed in IST and overwhelm all with endless projects some of which are already being superceded and replaced. It's a vicious cycle. They are firing people left and right so everyone is on pins and needles. They just show up with an empty box, and you are done!

Advice to Management

Define the problems that exist at Kaleida that technology can fix. Go after the root cause. Fix it. Have monthly meetings with EVERYONE from IST and our CIO to talk about our direction, vision, projects, timeline, etc. Inventory the hundreds of applications we have and consolidate where we can. Get systems connected and on the same page across the enterprise. Work with vendors/customers/3rd parties to put intelligent systems in place to fix issues that exist, without creating more issues.

Passion for the patients, workforce and my leadership & management position

Former Employee - Manager of Imaging Services in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Administration supported celebrating workforce contribution, process improvements & re-engineering and delivery of patient care. Administration supportive of Management Team Administration very visible

Cons

Deadlines changed often with limited turn around time to meet deadline change. Difficult time taking all of PTO time- often lost PTO time Management was not allowed to roll over PTO more than 40hrs into next year. Work and life balance was more on work side. Middle management constant risk for lay-off regardless how well you performed

Advice to Management

Policy regarding no e-mails after 6pm, allowance to ensure using PTO and if unable allowed to carry all PTO into following year. Support for work-life balance Keep up visibility and acknowledgement of workforce...celebrate

I liked my job, my boss, my co-workers but I was laid off due to business conditions.

Former Employee - IT Department Tech in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - IT Department Tech in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My immediate boss gives workers ample opportunity for growth and advancement. He allowed us to make judgement calls without micro-managing his employees. I feel he is an exceptionally good manager.

Cons

The health insurance is expensive and requires a lot of high co-pays. It is a lousy plan and gets worse every couple of years when the company switches to yet another health insurance company. One would think a hospital corporation would have good health care for their empoloyees!

Advice to Management

Bring the IT salaries up

11. Proud to be associated because: patient centeredness, clinical excellence & best practices and customer satisfaction.

Former Employee - Manager of Imaging Services in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

On-boarding process was very positive an valuable asset. Administration's visibility and supportive to management is outstanding and extends to the workforce. Celebrations are supported and encouraged.

Cons

Administration needs to support management work and life balance....unable to use all PTO due to frequent change in deadlines on reports, projects and or other work related issues. Provide Management perks to identify them as leaders. As management there was fear of lay-off regardless of your experience, competencies and positive evaluations

Advice to Management

Recommendation that actual provides time for management to use all of PTO time or at least roll-over all remaining time into following year. Policy regarding no e-mail correspondence after 6pm unless dire emergency (life and death). Continue to be visible not only to management team but to the workforce(that was a very positive influencer).

RSS Feed </> Embed