Kaleidoscope Animations

Updated August 5, 2014
Updated August 5, 2014
5.0

Matt Kornau

Opportunities to learn and grow.

I have been working at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time

Pros

Working in the central office in Cincinnati gives you great access to so many different kinds of creative people. Design, Engineering, Research, Development, and even the Project managers! Everyone is fun to work with. There are many different kinds of projects so if you get bored it's your own fault.
    Partly because of its size, and mostly because of the way the place is managed, you can make this job what you want of it. "Entrepreneurial atmosphere" is often a phrase just tossed around, but here it is lived.
    Oh, and Cincinnati is an excellent location for me. Big enough to be exciting, small enough to not get lost.
    Views from the 11th floor downtown is a Pro too.

Cons

A small/mid company trying to grow quickly can lead to interesting problems so communication is more key than usual.
    If you don't like an open office environment, it could be a con. It works well here though.

Explain decision and thoughts as if you're talking to non-managment co-workers.

Love this place!

Current Employee - Team Member in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Team Member in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Kaleidoscope is great. Love the people, the work, the customers. Great entrepreneurial spirit and drive for innovation. Team enviornment.

Cons

Just like any other company I have worked for - working on communcation gaps would really help Kaleidoscope improve. However we've made efforts to improve with a monthly all company meeting, newlsetter, etc. Just something to keep on the radar.

Keep thinking of creative and fun way to reward the team, it's very appreciated. We love the summer hours and TeamScope events!

Great work and great people!

I have been working at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Kaleidoscope is a product design and innovation company. As such, we have had a hand in some of the most important product innovations of our times including the Tide Pod, Swiffer WetJet redesign, and multiple game-changing medical product development projects. The work is top notch. The people are highly creative, friendly and super-smart.

Cons

The company has 80 people, so the organization is "flat." That means that if you like titles there's not a lot of room for titles, etc. That could be a pro though too. It is easy to get things done when the organization is flat. If you like a start-up feel this will work for you. If you are used to a large corporate environment, this will probably not be a good fit.

Keep up the great strategic work.

Great place to work! Real innovation and design leader

I have been working at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We have had our hand in some of the most important innovations of the decade including the Tide Pod, the Swiffer WetJet redesign and numerous medical product advancements.

Cons

With only 80 people there is not a lot of room for title growth if you are looking for new titles.

Great place to work!

Great company to work for

I have been working at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, benefits, culture, neat work downtown work space, exciting work, flexible schedule (summer hours!) and shut down during holidays. Managers care about people and doing quality work.

Cons

Summer really busy, winter slow period. Experiencing some growing pains (but seems positive over all). Due to being a small company, not a lot of upward growth opportunity, more lateral development.

Growth of company is exciting, keep pushing forward and communicating the changes

Kaleidoscope Animations Photos

Kaleidoscope's wet lab and work studio
Kaleidoscope Design and Innovation
Kaleidoscope's diverse team includes ladies who network over lunch at least once a month.

+ Add Photo