Kaltura

Kaltura Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Ron Yekutiel

Amazing Team, Great Culture, Great Career Growth Opportunities

Director of Customer Success (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe culture at Kaltura is second to none. It's an incredibly relaxed and friendly team and even though there's been a huge amount of growth since 2006, you can still pick up the phone to the founders to tell them about an idea you have or to give feedback. Unlike other companies, there aren't the same ceiling boundaries that prevent you having access to the exec team. There are always new opportunities and staff are actively encouraged to advance to other teams to grow new skills and to travel and work in other geographical locations. there's a flexible "work-from-home" policy which means there's a great work-life balance and this shows in the people that work at Kaltura.

ConsKaltura is a growing startup which means that it's fast-paced, so if you're looking for a job where you turn up, do your bit and go home, it probably won't suit you. Everyone that works at Kaltura loves what we do and wants to contribute to growing the company, growing their careers and making Kaltura a great place to work.

Overall I enjoyed my time at Kaltura, fun people all working hard.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDifferentiated offering - especially in niche areas such as education and enterprise.
    Open source software is good for attracting customers.
    Smart people all keen to make a difference to their product set.

ConsBusy travel schedule can mean time away from home.
    Cofounders all want to be involved in every big deals, which can both help and hinder

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing the areas where you are best placed to outgun Brightcove, especially education and enterprise.

The worst

Director Product Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPay was competitive
    Benefits were not

platform is pretty good..

Consthere are so many cons
    don't work here

They only care about profit, not making a better product, not customer service

completely unorganized.

They have at this point given over $100M in funding..not sure where this has gone aside from in the pockets of the founders.

LOTS of yelling and insults between colleagues

sexual harassment is rampant and accepted

Advice to Senior Managementsell the company already so you can leave

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In general stressful though the flexibility is good

ProsFlexibility
    Interesting Projects
    You can learn a lot if given the right projects

ConsStressful due to mis management
    Worst place for a PM to work.
    You will be overworked and underpaid
    No yearly salary increments

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the company culture if you really want to improve employee retention.

Great company. Long term friendships. Quality people

ProsCool product. Smart and talented people. Pleasant work environment.
    Open door policy. Personal growth potential. Flexible work hours.

ConsLong hours. work space could use improvement.

Great company to grow in.

Proscompany is in rapid growth, a lot of personal growth opportunities with an informal vibe, that allows you to extend your job description.
    smart people to work with, that navigate the company to growth year over year.
    flexible work hours, work from home, etc.

Conscan be demanding in terms of hours and commitment from employees.

Advice to Senior Managementsharing the high level achievements and plans of the company every quarter is great, but need to better tie that with my specific team goals, so that it is clear how i am contributing to achieving the overarching goals.

Yes, you can find better places to work for keep on searching.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ramat Gan (Israel)

ProsAfter working there for two years I can't really find one.

ConsManagement do not think about their employees or what they have to say.
    In many cases they will be rude to you.

No documentation whatsoever, you will have to find it on your own.

Product is unstable and customers are facing with a lot of downtime, frustration and pressure is everywhere.

No work balance as you are expected to work all the time no exceptions.

Working environment is below standards.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees.

Smart People, Great Company

Operations (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Smart people
    - Cutting Edge Technology

Cons- Teams work in silos
    - Lack of communication from execs

There's way to many other better companies to work for. RUN.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexible work schedule.
    Don't have to go into the office everyday.
    Good product and technology.

ConsMicro Management runs their employees.
    Middle management is under qualified
    Middle and upper management are more concerned about their ego's and titles than the employee's who work for them.
    Pay is on the low side compared to industry standard.
    Internal communication is non existent.
    Nobody has a clue what's going between other departments.
    No clear path or guidance. You're basically left on an island to figure it out for yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike they would listen. Maybe tone down the arrogance a little bit.

Challenging and frustrating, especially if you don't have 5+ years of industry experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIt's growing quickly and the salaries are good. There are a lot of industry professionals within the company that have a lot of connections.

ConsMany employees are jaded and there is a general atmosphere of frustration. Kaltura moves surprisingly slowly for a startup, with a lot of focus on money at the cost of a strong company culture. There are often long hours, few rewards and few opportunities for advancement. Also, not many women in management positions, and they're not widely respected. Many employees, especially in the US, are very concerned about their egos and focus more on their personal relationships rather than moving the company forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementNearly every employee is frustrated on a daily basis, and you will continue to lose good employees by not taking real, committed steps to improving this.

Worked for Kaltura? Contribute to the Community!