Kaman Industrial Technologies

Updated May 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steven J. (Steve) Smidler

One of the best careers I had.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to advance in career. I quickly went from a CSR to an Account Manager in two years.

ConsConstantly changing directions. But, you have tons on great tools and personnel that guide you through the process.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Very god until the last three years

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsThis was a good company at one time but has gone down the drain since the new management took over.

ConsUpper management has no clue nor do they care. I have worked for this company for almost 20 years and have watched it spiral out of control over the last several years. No accountability for any of their actions. People are leaving in droves and this has had a direct impact on the very people who pay these people, our customers who are very frustrated at the whole mess. They lead by intimidation and threats.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace all of the current managers and people in charge who know what they are doing before the whole company goes under.

Kaman used to be a great company but is getting worse every day

KIT Corporate Employee (Current Employee) Bloomfield, CT

ProsMost departments are allowed flex-time; Very little overtime; Upper management is mostly hands off and they interfere with your work, however that always means there is nothing communicated about what they're looking for

ConsPoor upper management; No communication throughout company; Two major company reorganizations within the past three years; Two company-wide reduction-in-force in five years; No training; Out of date systems; Company has really gone downhill in the past few years

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to work on their people skills and management training and take interest in their employees before they all leave the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stable job that has taught me a lot, but the atmosphere is very stuffy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bloomfield, CT

ProsStable company that tends to have very low turnover

ConsStuffy, old-fashioned company that is technology challenged. There do not seem to be many promotions within the company, open positions are typically filled by new outside employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication and a simple thank you would go a long way

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Windsor, CT

ProsCaring company with a well thought out business strategy.

ConsBecause of the geographically dispersed sales organization communication and coordination is very challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with an aggressive growth and acquisition strategy.

A good company going through major changes.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe compensation and benefits are good. Too many branches are being downsized because "the Network" can cover for the lower headcount.

ConsToo much drastic change is going on right now. Bean counters seem to have a little too much influence.

Advice to Senior ManagementService customers and the bottom line will take care of itself. If you get too lean, you will pay for it.

One Of The Best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent Wages, Pension Plan, Benefits, Sick Days, Flexible time to take Vacation, New Facilities, Easy to get along not a complicated Organization like others in the same Field, Employee Friendly, Good training.

ConsYou will be able to talk and see your Branch Mgr, Operation Mgr, District Mgr only. Probably will never see the rest of the upper Management, they are not visible in person only by pictures an literature. Hope they Change the Computer Software to be more Employee friendly like the ones other companies have in the same field, I have no other issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good work and Kaman will be number #1 not #3 in few more years.

Used to be very good, now just like any other corporation in the headlines.

ProsBenefits are not as good as they had been but still good.
    Interesting field to work in.
    Fairly stable company.
    Paid vacation is good but very difficult to find time to take.

ConsThis was formerly a very good company to work for when it was lead by it's namesake who really seemed to value his employees, now it's saturated with middle management that knows very little about field or products sold.
    Training is very poor, and even more so for specialty fields in power transmission.
    Compensation has gone very stagnant over the last few years.
    No financial compensation or recognition or even training to stay current in specialty fields you bring to the company. The training that is available has to be fit in to an already busy work schedule and there is no compensation for completing.
    Very stressful, tense work environment, gives me a pit in my stomach being there.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntimidation and nano-management are not only ineffective but create a very tense work environment.
    Never mind, Kaman managers seem to be far too arrogant to heed anyone's suggestions.

Until recently, a fair company to work for.

ProsThe benefit options are respectable. Planned time off is not a problem. Local company, not a long commute. Free coffee.

ConsExpectations of employees are too high when balanced against reasources available to achieve goals. Inexperienced new level of middle management all trying to make names for themselves

Advice to Senior ManagementSit down and talk one on one with smaller locations . Critical business information, that is needed
    For them to make sound decsions are not making it up the ladder.

Employees took several pay cuts since 2009 and there was a lot of uncertaintyl due to "restructuring".

Professional Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe medical, dental, vision plans were comparable to similar companies and paid time off was very good.

ConsCommunication from senior management was either nonexistent or vague at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should have policy consistency across area boundries.

Worked for Kaman Industrial Technologies? Contribute to the Community!