Kanakuk

Kanakuk Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Mission, Great People!

ProsThe positive impact that Kanakuk has on kids and families makes it a joy to come to work everyday. The working conditions are generally positive and their is a family atmosphere.

ConsAs in most non-profits demands on employees are unrealistic and emphasis is often put on doing more regardless of the impact on employees.

#ilikekanakuk

ProsI like Kanakuk! Working alongside others to evangelize and equip the next generation to reach the world for Christ is an honor.
    I know summer camp provides adventure, excitement, confidence building for kids all summer, and as a full time employee the adventure is year round.
    I'm provided challenging projects with high support from my boss and the leadership team.
    Each month we have all-company meetings to communicate progress on projects and upcoming initiatives. About every 2 weeks we have all-company chapel with employees leading worship.
    And Kanakuk is a FUN place to work! I never know if I'm going to see someone dressed in costume in a meeting or hear a fun new camp song playing. It's also fun to join in the fun at the all company picnic, Thanksgiving luncheon and not to be missed Christmas party!

ConsFor time off, vacation, personal and sick days off are all different. In the past I've worked at companies that provide all days off in one bank and I liked that better.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership team uses a support and challenge matrix which establishes common language and clarity for teams within the company. The impact is felt - keep it up!

Counselor

Camp Counselor (Current Employee) Lampe, MO

ProsGetting to challenge and mentor kids, great staff, christian atmosphere is incredible, great place to train for a sport

ConsKids who are unbehaving, some of the rules that Kanakuk gives are strict, no money

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best summer camp to work at EVER!

Summer Counselor (Former Employee) Branson, MO

ProsAmazing Directors, Awesome Counselors to work with, Kids are a lot of fun

ConsI have no complaints about Kanakuk

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Incredible place to work.

Programs Director (Former Employee) Branson, MO

ProsThe most fun atmosphere you could imagine - doing work as a counselor is fun, self-fulfilling, and beneficial to the eternal Kingdom of God. You can build relationships with college students and staff all over the country that will last a lifetime.

ConsThe only con I could ever think of would be that it can be really draining and it's hard to get enough time off. You're usually allowed one 24-hour day off a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the incredible and awesome work for The Lord!

Kanakuk is the experience of a lifetime if you desire to pour into the lives of kids ages 7-18.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-You are surrounded by Jesus loving college kids who desire to know God and have a passion for his word.
    -You get to work with kids specializing in whatever sport you are suited for.
    -You get to specifically mentor/ disciple the 10-12 kids in your kabin.
    -You are daily encouraged by the leadership staff.
    -You see God MOVE because there is no way this place would operate without him.

Cons-This is a 24/7 job, so you can get pretty exhausted. Nevertheless, you get one day off a week to recoup, so it's totally manageable.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. You all are amazing.
    Make sure it doesn't become about Kanakuk or about "the next big thing," like raining gummy bears down from the sky. "It's all about Jesus" -Don Ford.
    Also, be sure to check social media outlets when hiring.

Kanakuk is a fantastic place to work! The people make it the greatest place on Earth.

Counselor (Former Employee) Lampe, MO

ProsThe mission of kamp to spread the Gospel in everything they do makes it a fantastic place to work. I never considered my time at Kanakuk to be "work"

ConsLong days, but it is worth it to reach the kids under your care.

Great summer job

Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) Branson, MO

ProsKanakuk is a great Christian environment full of college staff and kids that want to have fun and grow in their faith together. You are guaranteed to make friendships that will last well beyond a summer and have experiences that you would be hard-pressed to find elsewhere.

ConsLong work days and not a lot of sleep. Pay isn't the best, but that's not the reason you should want to work at kamp.

Amazing

Staff Counselor (Former Employee) Lampe, MO

ProsGreat way to serve in kids ministry

ConsThe pay isn't great, but if you're in this field at all, you're not in it for the pay.

kanakuk

Staff (Current Employee) Branson, MO

Prosgreat place love going and working there

Consin branson only during summer

Advice to Senior Managementn?A

Worked for Kanakuk? Contribute to the Community!