Kane's Furniture

Working with Kane\'s

Current Employee - Office Manager  in  Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Kane's Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, mostly but have to watch your back.

Cons

customer complaints, all day long.

better training

Unless You Are Desperate

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Kane's Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best thing about working here is quitting .

Cons

Incredibly cheap company , During training , you are expected to share a hotel room with a complete stranger and to ride share because only one of you will get paid for gas maileage , even though you may live an hour or two away . Much too much fighting and bickering on the salesfloor , created a hostile atmosphere . management does nothing but stay in their office and disregards the chaos . Buying sales from other salespeople is common, so that they are boosted to the next commission level . You MUST deliver at least $45,000 per month to receive 4 % or else you are paid minimum wage . The top salesperson delivered ONE MILLION in delivered sales and still only made $60,000 for the year . This for late nights , weekends and midnight sales where you must stay until midnight . Everything is geared to the benefit of the owners , not the employees. It is a revolving door for employees , they don't stay .

REVAMP EVERYTHING !

The worst job I have had in 34 years.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Ocoee, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ocoee, FL

I worked at Kane's Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the top sales performers qualified for food stamps.

Cons

Management and low income potential. Too many sales reps per store, company is constantly hiring and training new sales associates because they have low retention rates. Lower management is treated with no respect, and not valued

Higher higher quality sales people and pay them higher commissions rather than hiring more lower quality people and running your company like an HR processing plant. Treat store management and customer service managers with respect.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Constant drama , Constant Fighting , Not worth it

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kane's Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Air conditioned . Well kept showroom.

Cons

I have worked on several sales floors in my life and this is undoubtedly THE ABSOLUTE WORST ! If they attracted a quality sales staff it would be different but they don't .
    Third world , third grade educated dreck is what pollutes the sales floor . There is a daily knock down fight . One salesperson was removed in hand cuffed by the police and taken to jail . Management is impotent , sits in their office and ignores the situation . This was an interim job , but the negatives far out weigh the positives .Any mistakes in sales orders , the employee pays for it . I opened my wallet a couple of times . I can tolerate a lot crap if I'm making money but we are not . Unless you are absolutely desperate , look else where . You are just a warm body .. The owner is great at exploitation . They are getting rich, you are not or ever will.

Stop hiring trailer trash . There are enough qualified unemployed people right now , that it would not be hard to find some that are educated and have manners and not dealing drugs in the parking lot .

Okay if you need a supplement, but don't stay there.

I worked at Kane's Furniture part-time

Pros

Quiet atmosphere, Paid training, Nice Managerial staff. The job itself isn't extremely stressful once you learn how to do it.

Cons

Poor pay for amount of work - I am getting more pay than people who have more experience than me and my pay is horrific - less than $10 p/h

Rude staff - one particular person was good at what they do, but they don't do much work to be considered an employee.

Poor setup - EVERYTHING IS COMPLICATED! Lots of paper to file and to make matters worse, there is a computer system that is very out dated!

Perks to CSR's should be mandatory.

I can't believe I worked there for over 2 years... shame on me!

Former Employee - Furniture Sales  in  Ocoee, FL
    Former Employee - Furniture Sales in Ocoee, FL

I worked at Kane's Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

The weekday schedule is somewhat flexible, (except for holidays) which is why I chose to work here, as I had other things going on during the week. Also, can be fun during slow times / camaraderie with associates. You have a good chance of qualifying for food stamps if that is your goal.

Cons

Revolving door! HIGH TURNOVER!!! Training sessions are always going on. Earning potential is diluted due to the excess of sales associates per store. The only way to succeed is to steal other associates customers when they walk away for a second. They advertise sales earnings of 100,000, but if you divide the store sales by number of associates, it is not possible. Commission is very low (lower than competition). Upper Management; ARCHAIC, store managers who work hard and produce are not valued or treated with respect. Very political. Most sales associates (even the top 3) qualify for food stamps (yes we ran the analysis at my store). Most people who stayed at my store were complacent and or semi-retired and have spouses with main income. Management usually finds reasons to: charge back commissions, not honor warranties to customers, dock drivers for furniture damage that they are not responsible for. Items we sell often become out-of-stock after the sale, and that means no commission until it is back in stock (could be months). Promotions are usually shady and misleading. I could go on....

Learn motivational and management skills that have been taught after the 1960's. Treat store managers with respect when they deserve it. Be honest with customers. Stop firing lower level managers for things beyond their control. Stop penalizing sales associates sales volumes during vacations (duh). Hire fewer sales associates of a higher quality and pay a higher commission and improve retention. A win-win, as costs go down, customer service increases, as does morale.

associate

I worked at Kane's Furniture

Pros

vendors are nice they bring alot of goodies to show the associates their appreciate them selling their product.

Cons

hours are awful, they fire people left and right, the pay is a joke they are not organized and completely out of the ball park when it comes to managing within the law. They have to have lawsuits against them.

New fresh young talent that are capable enough to train strong staffs. Clean up your stores. They are filthy and outdated.

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Kane's Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good selection, can make money if you work hard and smart

Cons

Management support, no room for advancement, poor benefits, no base salary

Talk to more salespeople to get a better understanding of issues, better benefits, base pay

Do Not Work Here

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Kane's Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like many of my co-workers...we're all just trying to survive.

Cons

No structure, little to no manager involvement, free for all on the sales floor, revolving door and now I know why. They don't offer benefits until 6 months, because they know most won't last past 3. They have to pay minimum wage for hours worked, so if you don't hit your numbers, that's pretty much what you'll make. If you actually like furniture sales, go somewhere else. This place will frustrate you and kill your spirit.

Get involved. Act like you care, even if you don't...pretend you do.

Kane's turned me away from furniture sales forever.

Former Employee - Furniture Sales  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Furniture Sales in Orlando, FL

I worked at Kane's Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Peers, we were all helping each other find other jobs.

Cons

Pay, example, if a customer buys a dining room set and one chair is out of stock (?), the sales person does on get their commission money on the whole order, until, the missing chair is delivered. Thus preventing the salesperson from reaching bonuses.

The store gets paid for the items bought before the customer leaves the store, if not that is considered stealing and you would call the police. Pay the sales staff when they do their job, not when you decided you have enough inventory to delivery it all? That is called stealing.

Worked for Kane's Furniture? Contribute to the Community!