Kansas Air National Guard

www.accesskansas.org

Kansas Air National Guard Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great job (when not furloughed)

ProsVery flexible hours for people with civilian jobs
    Space-A travel
    Family style atmosphere

ConsContinuous budget cuts are always affecting the amount of work and can delay pay
    Deployments can take you away from home

Great way to pay for school

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Topeka, KS

ProsEducation Benefits, people, networking opportunities

Conslimited promotion opportunities after reching E-5, few full-time opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to climate surveys

Review of KS Air Guard

Pilot (Current Employee) Topeka, KS

ProsOutstanding pay and bennifits. The satisfaction of making a difference. Travel around the world. Disaster relief, defending the country. Working with great people.

ConsYou are tied to the military for a number of years. You can be told to do things you would rather not do. If the leadership is bad your life is bad, luckily most of the time leadership is good.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually I found the leadership quite good in general. They have excelent mission focus and put their people first I would continue they way they are going.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Go Guard!

Security Forces Craftsman (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsTravel opportunities are career field specific, some jobs travel while others travel only a couple of weeks per year. Undergraduate education is provided for full time members. Job stress is minimal, though finding an open full time position can be challenging. Once in you are in and the Wing will ensure you keep a job in the evnt your current job goes away. Opportunites exists for deployments, some good some bad, it is a chance but over all worth it.

ConsAs a full-time employee, promotions are stagnated at best. Upward mobility stops at E-6, unless you are well liked by upper management. the "good old boy" system remains in effect. Guard magic happens and positions get moved with certain people as they advance while others stand still for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people based on performace not on who you like!

Worked for Kansas Air National Guard? Contribute to the Community!