Kantar Worldpanel Reviews

Kantar Worldpanel CEO Josep Montserrat
Josep Montserrat

1. A great company because it has great people

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time

Pros

Kantar Worldpanel is a business with consistent growth that allows it to invest in its people and its services. The culture is based on trust, openness and fun and it deliver an offer to clients that is market leading and high quality. It is also a place where people get responsibility and exposure to new things quickly, for example presenting to clients. The facts support that the company is the best at what it does in the UK and globally too. The pride employees share in our company is perhaps best demonstrated by the appearance in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies ranking for the past five years.

Cons

As an agency we must always put our clients’ needs as top priority which means that we will often have to juggle our work around last minute and occasionally work long hours. We’re part of a much larger group which brings many benefits but can and does impose policies which don’t always meet the needs of our business. It true to say that pay is not market leading but management do try to compensate with other benefits at a local level.

Advice to Management

I'm in the management team. We need to make sure that we always challenge ourselves to do whatever we can to reward fairly and give our team the chance to grow.

2. Fun place to work with flexible, work/life balance and opportunities to make a real difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

An ambitious and successful business that consistently delivers and grows. Flexible working, open and approachable management, creative atmosphere and most importantly, a fun place to work

Cons

The location is not great (but acknowledged). Some colleagues can be stuck in their ways. Being part of a much larger organisation (WPP) can sometimes be constraining and frustrating.

3. A great place that I have worked at so far...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

People, people, people! An amazing culture and exciting work!

Cons

Being part of a larger groups comes with its own challenges!

Advice to Management

Keep it up the good work!

5. Wouldn't recommend the Grad programme to friends

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time

Pros

The social aspect of a young and lively company are great. Some managers are brilliant and you get exposure to working with fantastic brands. Looks great on your CV. A lot of social events which are well organised by the social committee and are great fun.

Cons

Salary is terrible for London. Junior employees work hard and can often work long hours. You will get great feedback for what you do but there is little financial incentive which is demoralising on such a low salary. You have to jump through hoops in preparation for your assessment/promotion but the increase is negligible. Lack of clarity and secrecy around pay scales fuels this further and many want to leave after the first year. Although given the low salary and the relocation bonus you need to pay back - they can feel trapped and unable to.

Advice to Management

Reward hard working junior employees more or they will continue to leave. Manage salary expectations more honestly from the beginning.

Fun company to work for

Pros

Good colleagues, supportive culture to learn more and opportunities to progress within the firm. Large umbrella of brands can support this

Cons

Politics may take place sometimes when they shouldn't and this generates higher staff turnover

7. Great fun, young environment

Current Employee - Client Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Client Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young, fun office. Great social events. Lots of intelligent minds and an open platform to share ideas

Cons

Bottom heavy hierarchy. High labour turnover. Poor pay vs market and competitors. Poor London location

Advice to Management

Rely less on recruiting hoards of graduates and spend more money sustaining workforce at a mid management level. Too many good people leave because of salary

Since I worked elsewhere I've realised how good it was at Worldpanel

Former Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Positive environment. Try really hard to make it a nice place to work. Good opportunities for fast progression for the best people.

Cons

Hanger Lane is not the best location and therefore it sometime struggles to pull in the best candidates.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and be proud.

9. Decent experience, great oppurtunities

Former Employee - Reporting Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Reporting Analyst in London, England (UK)

Pros

Well rewarded for capable and committed work. Lots of opportunities if willing to step up to take on challenges. Very good working environment and good benefits.

Cons

Not really within my line of interest, a very immediate structural bias between company departments. Promotions and opportunities to improve salary minimal.

10. A friendly, people-oriented business but riddled with inconsistent management practices.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For Commercial graduates, there is impressive training and development in the initial two years and a clear career path; generally a pleasant atmosphere where trust and openness is valued and encouraged.

Cons

Salaries are becoming less competitive; underneath the modern, progressive veneer is actually a very traditional set-in-its-ways business which employees soon discover after they join; despite having predominantly female graduates and junior Commercial staff, the senior management is still dominated by males.

Mondays don't seem so bad when you wake up to come to Kantar Worldpanel UK.

Current Employee - Resourcing Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resourcing Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, Amazing Culture. Great work life balance. Fun environment with Fresh Challenges Exciting opportunities on the horizon

Cons

Location - would be better if it was central

Advice to Management

The company culture is amazing. Excited for the future under great leadership.

RSS Feed </> Embed