Kaplan University

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kaplan University CEO Gregory Marino

Gregory Marino

Pros
  • Pay is good and usually schedules floating holidays around major holidays to allow employees more time off(in 7 reviews)

• Great training to keep skill set sharp, good benefits and great co-workers(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • This is a high pressure sales job(in 5 reviews)

• They watch your every move and they are a sales job(in 6 reviews)

Great school

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsNice people, nice environment. Lot's of capabilities to enable you to have the highest ability to learn and succeed in jobs that are demanding in the world of technology.

ConsNever met the teachers to see how they enable students to learn in this environment.

Best Internship

Sales and Marketing Director (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsYou can earn a lot of experience

ConsInternship period is too short

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the good work

Avoid working for Kaplan University at all costs!!!

Military Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe people that you work with on your team, the people on your level, not the high and mighty managers.

ConsThe management, from Associate Directors all the way up the chain, it seems that the management team has zero idea of how to treat their employees with respect. They focus only on numbers and treat people like expendable trash. The strange thing is that the high paid managers are not held accountable for sales numbers, only the advisors are, and are given three strikes and then they are out, literally.

Advice to Senior ManagementBiggest piece of advice is to learn how to manage properly, perhaps attend a real management training class where you can learn how to be a proper manager, and actually earn all of the money that Kaplan pays you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kaplan University, you do not want to work here

Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsYou get a paycheck and that's about it. Some of your co-workers are nice. Convenient location in Cypress Creek but parking is horrendous.

ConsBenefits are just okay. Leadership is awful, they want you to basically be a robot without any feelings or emotions, blindly lead the students into thinking this a great opportunity, when it is not. No real room for advancement, extremely high turnover except for mid management, which is mostly the problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour mid level management needs to be open to employee ideas and to have more flexibility in dealing with work issues and the over all work enviorment

Good pay, managed like a bakery on Calle 8!

Director (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGood pay. Good benefits. Young atmosphere, fast-paced.

ConsCrippled leadership, lack of transparency, great at burning students/customers and employee out. Lack of interest in employee development, satisfaction, recognition. They don't walk the talk when it comes to hiring/retaining talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter and more experienced leaders.

Not a lot of communication from management

ProsThe clients of this organization are wonderful people. Being able to help and assist them is an incredible experience that i would not trade for anything.

ConsThere is no real communication from upper management. There is not a lot of appreciation or even notice given to whether performance is good or bad. As an employee here, one feels very unappreciated. Not an asset, a liability in the eyes of upper management. In more than a decade of employment, I have never seen a single dime of increase in compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with your people. Let them know how they are doing. Show your appreciation, even if it is minimal it is something.

Kaplan is a great place to work.

ProsKaplan offers great flexibility in your schedule as it has remote positions available. The pay there is very competitive. They really seem to care about their employees as well as their students.

ConsThe only challenge I would say that I have had with my experience with Kaplan is their orientation needs to be a little more focused. It seemed extremely lengthy and didn't really give a new instructor a good idea as to what they were looking for the instructor to do within the classroom.

Best Company I have ever worked

Admissions Associate (Former Employee) Plantation, FL

ProsKaplan University is very professional and corporate environment, yet very comfortable to work as an employee and fun. They care about their employees. Although not a lot of incentives, there is enough to make you want to stay. Their health benefits are great as well, good working hours and wonderful staff including management. Best place I have ever worked in the USA.

ConsLike any other job, the sales aspect of it, if you are not meeting your goals, then you will eventually lose your job.

Salaries

ProsHaving amazing co-workers; a great team!

ConsBeing grossly underpaid and overworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember what it's like in the trenches. Pay your people market value. Respect and appreciate your tenured employees.

I had great co workers who really wanted to help students. Our benefits package was great and free tuition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits, the locations, and the employees

ConsNone, that I can think of today.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Worked for Kaplan University? Contribute to the Community!