Kaplan University

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kaplan University CEO Gregory Marino

Gregory Marino

Pros
  • Pay is good and usually schedules floating holidays around major holidays to allow employees more time off (in 7 reviews)

• Great training to keep skill set sharp, good benefits and great co-workers (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • This is a high pressure sales job (in 5 reviews)

• They watch your every move and they are a sales job (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A great place to work

Specialist (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsCompetitive pay and they work hard to promote employee engamgement and recognition.

ConsNo different than any other company in the marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to strive to be better and never get complacent.

Great educational experience.

Student (Former Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsChallenging, rewarding, and lots of great instructors.

ConsThe on-line system minimizes interaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementEducation is not always profitable.

Backwards

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company provides excellent health benefits. They also provide free education to employees. Also, several certification classes are offered for free. The company contributes to 401k and provides free life insurance.

ConsManagement is corrupt,greedy, and self-serving creating an environment that is not conducive helping the students and most certainly not conducive to a healthy work environment. It is quite apparent that this company has a use, abuse, and move on to the next policy which you can see through the treatment of employees as well as students.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to good employees as opposed to those who play the political game.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

extremely disappointed in the school

ProsThe classes are productive, manageable, and the library is helpful. Most Professors are very helpful.

ConsThe financial department needs to get organized and stop blaming students for documents they had no idea they needed to turn in. The education adviser department needs to get more organized to and stop losing files that have been turned in.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized so people would stop going to other schools

Another Call Center Masquerading as a University

Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsTraining is very top notch and informative I felt very prepared for my role as an Admissions Advisor. The pay is good and you receive benefits and PTO from the first day, which you don't see very often from most companies. Finally, there is a cafeteria on site so you don't need to go out for lunch (1hr)

ConsWell after training and all the dog and pony shows...you come out into production. During the interview, I was told we are helping students improve their lives, which is true to a point. That changed when the manager informed us that "this is a sales job." They weren't wrong neither when they said that since if you didn't hit your targets it was strike one. If it happens again strike two, and finally strike three...Your'e Out!!! I've done lots of phone work before and to this day, that was one of the most stressful jobs I've ever had. Management has been known to play favorites, so if you're not on The A Team, then its a long ride uphill. Since then they have changed some things, so if you decide to interview ask lots of questions,

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like they are more than just a number and listen to their concerns.

Enthusiastic People but Discouraging for Teachers

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe people at the Learning Center level are all enthusiastic, positive, and dedicated to student success.

ConsCurriculum is designed by corporate and not flexible enough to accommodate all types of students. Admissions procedures do not take into account whether students are actually prepared for college level courses. There's a real disconnect between expectations and reality.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide students the tools they need to succeed. Remedial courses are needed to prepare students for college level work; the curriculum provided for Comp I assumes students can compose a simple sentence, and, due to an absence of admissions requirements, this is rarely the case.

A growing company with great vision

Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsI worked here for 8years truly enjoyed my time. Unfortunately, I was laid off. They are a continually growing company with a great vision. Open door policy with most managers. Great benefits and work/life balance is important to them

ConsRecent major layoffs throughout the company

Advice to Senior ManagementReview salaries in the industry and pay accordingly. Because of the fast growth, time should be taken to restructure the financial aid dept

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGained Admissions Experience and customer service

ConsToo Sales focused within the comapny

It has its upsnamd downs

Academic Ops (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsMultiple schedules, great benefits, multiple locations, great product

ConsTerrible management, no room for growth, constant layoffs, little employee recognition, favoritsm and high employee turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are people too, not just a pulse! We are willing to work harder, we just need appropriate recognition, growth and loyalty!

Great Company Vision with Misaligned Growth/Salary Opportunities

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsSome really great people to work with. I was able to perfect my craft, but only because I was self-driven to excel. Opportunity to grow, but unfortunately capped.

Cons1. Company core values changed so frequently that it was hard for them to stick and create a true company culture.
    2. For some roles the work/life balance was weighing more on the work and less on the life
    3. Management was not consistent with managing employees on the same team and on the same role although KPI's were exactly the same, the inconsistency was unprofessional. A lot of favortism

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Pay is not competitve/close to industry standards and not adjusted to rising cost of living. One of the main reasons I left was due to the pay not being adjusted appropriately. The national average salary for the role I performed was 120k and local average salary is 102k, when I left I was making 59k. That is nearly half of the local average salary. After leaving I was offered lateral opportunities at other companies with all offers providing a minimum of a 40% increase. Although money is not the biggest motivator, when you are paid so poorly it can hurt moral. Providing additional PTO is not a sufficient way to make employees happier when there was limited ability to take time off due to poor work/life balance in many operational roles.

Worked for Kaplan University? Contribute to the Community!