Kaplan Reviews in Washington, DC

2.9

Kaplan Chairman and CEO Andrew S. Rosen
Andrew S. Rosen

Pros
  • Lastly, being able to work from home is a big plus (in 9 reviews)

• can do very part time, seasonal classes around graduation times (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • This position is only on call, part-time, wish they had more shifts or even a full time position open for role (in 10 reviews)

• full-time salaries are pretty weak (my own and my direct reports) (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Teacher

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Kaplan part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment.
    Excellent materials.
    Outstanding teacher support and resources.
    Use of technology encouraged in the classroom.
    Health insurance for part time and full time employees.
    Paid training, lesson planning, and grading.

Cons

Prefers to have many part time employees instead of full time employees.
    Low salary.

Kaplan builds futures, and I'm happy to help!

Current Employee - Territory Marketing Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Territory Marketing Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Kaplan

Pros

Kaplan builds futures, one success story at a time. It's tough in this day and age to find a job that not only challenges you to grow and allows you to fulfill your professional potential, but also makes you feel good about helping people every day. It's a unique opportunity to marry a noble cause with the pace and profitability of private enterprise. Also, I've had the privilege of working with bright, motivated, ambitious colleagues at all levels of the company, and those of us who deliver on our performance goals have had plenty of opportunities for advancement. Finally, despite being the world leader in test prep for over 70 years, Kaplan continues to innovate at the cutting edge of technology and for-profit education. Most of all, decisions at all levels are made not just to build the bottom line, but first and foremost to benefit our students.

Cons

This is a challenging environment to work in, and Kaplan employees put in a lot of hours because we're passionate about what we do. However, I've always enjoyed a challenge and I want to work with people who feel the same way.

Keep investing in our products, our technology, our students, and most importantly - our employees!

Kaplan: The Ups and Downs of Entry Level

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Kaplan

Pros

The people who work at Kaplan are intelligent, hard working and enjoyable working partners. There is a sense of working towards a common goal. Most people tend to put in the level of work that you need to put in to get the job done, which is a lot. There is also the excitement of working for the actual industry and world leader of test preparation.

Cons

The main challenge with Kaplan is feeling that one is overworked while underpaid. The entry level salaries are quite low, and quite discouraging, and raises are given on a percentage basis. Most of the field jobs are entry level, and there is a high level of turnover.

Start investing in the quality employees that you have, and try to keep them. Then you will not lose the wisdom of your more experienced employees.