Kaplan Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Andrew S. Rosen

Pros
  • Flexible hours, work from home, decent time off, the work can be pretty interesting (in 9 reviews)

• can do very part time, seasonal classes around graduation times (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • This position is only on call, part-time, wish they had more shifts or even a full time position open for role (in 10 reviews)

• No work-life balance, very late hours (in 5 reviews)

1. Kaplan builds futures, and I'm happy to help!

Current Employee - Territory Marketing Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Territory Marketing Director in Washington, DC

Pros

Kaplan builds futures, one success story at a time. It's tough in this day and age to find a job that not only challenges you to grow and allows you to fulfill your professional potential, but also makes you feel good about helping people every day. It's a unique opportunity to marry a noble cause with the pace and profitability of private enterprise. Also, I've had the privilege of working with bright, motivated, ambitious colleagues at all levels of the company, and those of us who deliver on our performance goals have had plenty of opportunities for advancement. Finally, despite being the world leader in test prep for over 70 years, Kaplan continues to innovate at the cutting edge of technology and for-profit education. Most of all, decisions at all levels are made not just to build the bottom line, but first and foremost to benefit our students.

Cons

This is a challenging environment to work in, and Kaplan employees put in a lot of hours because we're passionate about what we do. However, I've always enjoyed a challenge and I want to work with people who feel the same way.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in our products, our technology, our students, and most importantly - our employees!

2. Good for extra cash

Former Employee - Campus Representative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Campus Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at Kaplan part-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. You can make extra cash without having too big of a time commitment 2. My boss was helpful in getting me set up 3. There's a great online training program

Cons

1. Once my immediate supervisor left, nobody contacted me with further instructions 2. Management was somewhat disorganized

Advice to Management

Provide several outlets where Campus Representatives can get in touch with supervisors if it's a desk-free job. Otherwise, I loved working for Kaplan.

Teacher

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Kaplan part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Excellent materials. Outstanding teacher support and resources. Use of technology encouraged in the classroom. Health insurance for part time and full time employees. Paid training, lesson planning, and grading.

Cons

Prefers to have many part time employees instead of full time employees. Low salary.

Kaplan: The Ups and Downs of Entry Level

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

The people who work at Kaplan are intelligent, hard working and enjoyable working partners. There is a sense of working towards a common goal. Most people tend to put in the level of work that you need to put in to get the job done, which is a lot. There is also the excitement of working for the actual industry and world leader of test preparation.

Cons

The main challenge with Kaplan is feeling that one is overworked while underpaid. The entry level salaries are quite low, and quite discouraging, and raises are given on a percentage basis. Most of the field jobs are entry level, and there is a high level of turnover.

Advice to Management

Start investing in the quality employees that you have, and try to keep them. Then you will not lose the wisdom of your more experienced employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed