Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices

89 reviews filtered by
3.9
Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices Founder & CEO Dan Rodrigues
Dan Rodrigues

Pros
  • There are great people in all departments, more than I've seen at previous employers (in 8 reviews)

• Kareo is constantly trying new ways to keep their employees happy and providing a great work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is ok, but sometimes can be challenging with our fast paced growth (in 8 reviews)

• Kareo promotes "work life balance" but there is none, especially in engineering (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

An energizing and purposeful place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Kareo is a fast-growing, venture capital backed software company on a mission to help small practice physicians leverage technology for the betterment of their practice and the patients they serve. It has the fun culture of a young company and the processes and talented management team of a more mature one. Kareo has a rock star support team, super smart engineers and a product roadmap that is destined to support doctors and their staff succeed. The company has multiple locations in the U.S. and is now serving over 25,000 medical providers across every state. The founder/CEO is a successful lifelong entrepreneur who is dedicated to deliver the team and culture needed to pursue the mission and succeed as a company long term. The company has a fun culture that celebrates success and allows for fun employee events. There's also all the mini-benefits you'd expect including free sodas, free smoothies on Thursdays, Yoga classes and Crossfit during the week. Oh, and the larger offices in Irvine and Las Vegas are fun, collaborative and beautifully furnished spaces.

Cons

The Irvine office is beautiful but it's a bit of a walk to the parking garage, there are opportunities to improve on the 401k plan value, would like to see a few healthier daily options for drinks (vs. just sodas).

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the mission to serve small practice doctors, hire people who are empathetic and supportive of that mission, continue supporting and reinvigorating the culture that made Kareo such a great place to work and continue looking to fill roles, as possible, with internal talent.

2. RCM Team Leader

Current Employee - RCM Team Leader in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - RCM Team Leader in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training process. Enjoyable co-workers. Excellent product with a great management team. Fun/nice perks: yoga, company outings, coffee to help get you going. Fun atmosphere. Good benefits.

Cons

I haven't worked here long enough to experience any so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

3. Love my new workplace!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices

Pros

friendly, happy staff
    good coffee
    free soda
    awesome technology
    smart,creative people
    fun events

Cons

can't think of any at this time. I've been here 6 days now.

Advice to Management

Good job on keeping folks here happy :)

An awesome company, warts and all

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

First of all, it's high tech. There is a higher expectation from everyone with a higher possibility of reward. If you are looking for a 9-5 job that you can't wait to leave, this or any other high-tech company is not your thing.
    But if you are high-energy and want to jump into the latest tech and methodologies with a great culture (no, I'm not in HR), come here. I've worked for many small Silicon Valley companies, and I've found my home here. Kareo has brilliant engineers working on great products. There's room for improvement and to make your mark, so if you're smart this is the place to do it.

Cons

High-tech is not easy. There are bugs. There are priority conflicts. There are never enough people or time. But if you can find a place that doesn't burn out staff or treat them like cogs in a machine, you're doing well. Kareo is such a place.

Advice to Management

Resolve the conflicts. Don't let staff suffer over turf wars. Disagree behind closed doors, make a decision, and then provide a unified front to the staff. Other than that, keep doing the Dew.

I’ve been with Kareo a little over 6 months now and have never worked for such an amazing company. I'm truly blessed!

Current Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Such an innovative company, nothing but positive, encouraging and respectful responses from upper management.
    Salary is competitive... no complaints here. No matter where you work there are growing pains.

Cons

Can't really think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

Feb 3, 2015CEO

Hi and thanks for the reinforcement. We try to create a great environment for our team wherever they may be located and I’m glad to hear that your experience in our Las Vegas office has been a ... More

great company overall

Current Employee - RCM KVO in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)
    Current Employee - RCM KVO in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

Pros

awsome activities.
    good environment.
    growth.
    salary
    involvement.
    great people.
    good services.
    awsome software for doctors.

Cons

not so good working schedules.
    since it's growing changes are a bit hard.

Advice to Management

getting a bit more involved with the outter offices.

Opened my mind to new scopes in the healthcare field

Current Employee - Medical Scribe in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)
    Current Employee - Medical Scribe in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

Pros

I sent my resume and I got a call for an interview in less than 2 weeks. I started the recruiting process when the HR manager called and we set up a meeting. I did a writing test based on medical questions: terminology, acronyms, fill-in sentences. Then I started with the process and training, which I quickly understood.
    Managers and chiefs are approachable.
    Friendly co-workers

Cons

So far, I have no complaints. At first I didnt know what to think about the job because it is not the regular job for a medical doctor (at least here in Costa Rica), but after the training and all the process, I saw that there are other scopes to explore and take advantage of in the medical field. Right now happy and looking forward at the job.

Fantastic Experience

I have been working at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Vary talented executive management team
    Consistent and clear messaging from the CEO to all levels of the organization
    Fun atmosphere
    Great product
    Strong positioning for the future
    CEO has always been very approachable
    Advancement - I have been promoted 3 times in 4 years.

Cons

As with any high growth company, Kareo constantly tweaks processes, workflows, org structure, and requirements. Only a con if you don't like that type of environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing - keep adding to the product, perfecting the services/support, communicate to entire organization on a regular basis, and asking for input from the customer facing employees.

Feb 3, 2015CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review here on Glassdoor – I appreciate all the feedback we receive. I was glad to read about your perception of how we are communicating with you, how we are ... More

Always an exciting day at Kareo!

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Irvine, CA

Pros

As a marketing intern I am faced with all sorts of exciting/new projects that are exposing me to not only marketing experience but also to the business side of medical software that caters to small practices. Everyone is super knowledgable about the company and their department goals. Everyone has a "get it done" mentality that is very inspiring.

Cons

Lots of new faces at first but now after a few months at Kareo I have been able to meet almost everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Dec 8, 2014CEO

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience at Kareo. As a fast growing company, there are many opportunities to learn and grow here – great to have you!

Poised for Great Things!

Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

Pros

Kareo is a high-growth, fast paced company focused on improving the success of its customers - small medical practices. This mission is very motivational, although the demands created by the company's aspirations aren't for everyone. The company has made some big strategic bets over the last few years, and I'm enjoying being part of a team working on big goals that will really make a difference. The overall team is young, friendly, dynamic, and team oriented. There are great people in all departments, more than I've seen at previous employers. Pay is competitive.

Cons

By design, this isn't a place that's stable. The company has big aspirations which causes a very dynamic and fast changing environment. This can be hard for team members not used to this pace and ongoing change. As the company grows and evolves, things will change. Many will be good changes, some won't. Again, people who embrace fast paced environments get this and embrace it. But not all do and this is hard (since some won't transition well).

Advice to Management

Don't get so focused on the end game, you miss what's happening now! We have a great culture and team and this will be a part of our success. Let's double down on it and grow into a company that is great for employees, great for customs, and makes our investors happy as well.

Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices Photos