Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices

Updated August 15, 2014

4.0

Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices Founder & CEO Dan Rodrigues
Dan Rodrigues

Pros
  • Kareo is constantly trying new ways to keep their employees happy and providing a great work environment (in 7 reviews)

• Got to learn a lot while interning with the company while working with a lot of great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is ok, but sometimes can be challenging with our fast paced growth (in 7 reviews)

• We are growing so fast and with that we have to develop processes to streamline work flows and till then you have to do trial and error (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

If your looking for a company that cares about its employees then you've found it!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

Pros

I've worked for several fortune 500 companies and have never experienced an environment like this. Find me another company of this size that the CEO's door is open for you to ask questions? Yes they have free sodas, yoga, catered company meetings etc but this is all just gravy.

Cons

Its a small company that's getting big FAST. With any company going through rapid growth there are going to be constant changes and yes sadly things that people have become accustomed to will be impacted. I think this is a big reason for the negative posts you see about Kareo.

Take the negative posts in stride. I think allot of the posts that have appeared on this site are being done by people who have nothing else to compare Kareo too. Its going to happen but you're obviously making changes that are for the better good of Kareo and its employees. I for one cant wait to see whats in store for Kareo tomorrow.

Disappointed

Pros

Decent pay, free food or scraps from meetings, good benefits, awesome coworkers,

Cons

Horrible communication, management writes the good reviews on here or asks for good reviews, positions are made with outsiders in mind, management freaks at bad reviews on here and goes on the hunt to find out who wrote them, no one gets promoted, every department has to much on their plate, everyone is on the hunt for a new job, everyone feels that they are going to lose their job

Say hello and try to care about us all. We make the company money and are important too.

Best company I have worked for. Ever.

Current Employee - Customer Success  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Irvine, CA

Pros

Regardless of the other negative reviews on this site, this company does care about the people here. There are events funded by the company, incentives everywhere you look, and I get to work with excellent people. I would recommend this company for anyone who is qualified to take a position here.

Cons

Nothing is perfect, neither is Kareo. There are areas where communication could be better between management as well as interdepartmental personnel.

The culture rolls from the top down. Keep up the positive culture you have managed to cultivate! Great work!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Benefits, Bad Politics

Pros

Medical/Dental Benefits are good.
    Most of the people are nice to work with.
    Good Technology.
    Free drinks.

Cons

Politics.
    Cubicles - walls too low.
    Long Hours - work-life balance out of whack.
    Brown-nosing.

Going downhill fast

Pros

All the free soft drinks you want...can't say much else that's good. When i started the company was much more exciting, growing, positive place. There is no longer much positive to say. Good people are leaving or have been let go. Management has no experience in key aspects of our business. I started hoping to stay forever when i joined.

Cons

The culture is changing fast, and not in good ways. The company used to invite employee input and really emphasize a strong positive culture. No longer... the new feel is 'we don't need to care about you anymore....so we don't.' We're big now...if you don't like it, leave. The product has potential, but the company is heading in the wrong direction.

Get a clue.

Kareo really makes you feel like part of a team!

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Irvine, CA

Pros

It's a great group of people that love what they do and know how to enjoy it. The culture in the office is like no other-- you want mixers with corn hole and ice-cream sandwiches? They have it. In office yoga and meditation? No problem! Everyone is hardworking, passionate, and ultimately inspirational. Although I was only an intern, they treated me like I had been there for years as an employee. I felt welcomed.

Cons

I think the only challenge I had working at Kareo was always staying later than I should. I would get caught up in the event s going on at the end of the day or would just keep working and not realize what time it was. It's hard to get out of the office.

Keep doing what you're doing. I couldn't imagine a better company to work for!

Summer Marketing Internship

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Irvine, CA

Pros

Everyone here is very kind and welcoming. The environment at Kareo is very unique in that it is very fun and everyone seems to genuinely enjoy working here! They have lots of fun activities like yoga, boot camp, and mixers where all the employees can get to know each other- so although it was intimidating to come into such a large office- it was easy to get to know everyone. The entire marketing team is extremely friendly and approachable and very easy to work with. I never felt out of place! In the 3 months that I had this internship, I was able to be involved in the management of their social media, involve myself in the pre-production for their future trade shows, and work with outside vendors. I definitely gained a lot of social skills and tactics that I will take with me into my professional life. I always had something that I could be working on and it wasn't just work that didn't matter- I truly felt like a component of the company and that my work mattered. It was nice to be trusted and given the opportunity to help with some of the big marketing campaigns, including the Friends of Kareo program, and also #KareoChat on twitter. I was also given the chance to sit in on marketing team meetings and to shadow people. This was just a summer internship, but I truly hope to one day work for a company that is as vibrant and unique as Kareo!

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of... maybe just that their workplace laptops were a bit outdated.

On the surface, great.

Pros

Of course, the perks. Benefits, drinks, parties and all the other fluff to keep you entertained. I will admit, they certainly keep everyone entertained (depends on who you ask). Free drinks [alcohol too].
    They pay you well.

Cons

The culture isn't exactly what it seems. If you fit in, all is well.
    The company used to be transparent -- not so much. Not as honest or focused on the 'details' as they may have been before.
    HIPAA is a very big concern they are "working" on, but honestly hasn't been fixed.
    The system is always down somewhere somehow and they give talking points sometimes hours later. Customers and employees alike are under stress because of the lack of communication between departments.
    Positions are made with people in mind, yet they keep up hope by letting anyone interview. Hint: It doesn't really matter.
    As stated before, certain departments are obviously the golden children.
    "Outsourced" employees or employees rushed to floor cause more issues than Kareo can focus on at once.
    Some people in very high positions are not qualified to handle the matters they do. Not said out of spite, but reality.

Ah, and they ask us to leave good reviews to trump up the image as well as spending time during training to keep Kareo at the top of search engines.

Consistency. Follow the rules you claim to follow. Treat all employees and departments equally and with respect.
    Leads, Managers, higher ups... Call your customers and employees back. There should be no reason that one should have to wait over a week for an incomplete email or unclear call. Not only is it bad service, it's downright rude. Don't get too big for britches.

Does management care about us?!?

Current Employee - RCM Account Manager I  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - RCM Account Manager I in Irvine, CA

Pros

Great work culture. Free soda and coffee. Awesome break room and month mixtures.

Cons

Management doesn't listen to our concerns. They keep piling their employees up with work when they are overwhelmed. NO quality work is put out. Client cancelation or escalation are threaten with write ups. IS CEO DAN AWARE OF HOW POORLY MANAGEMENT IS HANDLING THIS DEPARTMENT? The moral of the department is extremely low. Everyone is talking about finding a new job because we are not getting the help that is needed. Employees can not handle the many accounts that are given. Employee hard work is not being recognized. RCM department has an offshore team who keeps screwing up all the accounts and Kareo employees are being blamed and getting written up or threaten. They are too busy fixing offshore team mistakes to get any work done. Usually by the time they find the mistake its already too late and the customer is angry. People who speak up get in trouble and people who are quiet are scared to speak the truth and lose their job. It is a lose lose situation. When you ask for help upper management/leads are too busy to help you. You end up getting the blame even when you are asking for help.

Hire more people. Show you care about the client and want quality work and stop overwhelming your employees with clients they can not handle. Don't tell your employees that they are not for Kareo if they come ask for help. Listen to your employee. Ask about their questions and concerns to understand what is and isn't working. Help your employees.

Bring your "A" game

Current Employee - Software Engineering  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Irvine, CA

Pros

Engineering doesn't settle for second best. Standards are high, work hard and play even harder. This is a tight knit group. Be prepared to stand up for what you believe in, and relax off hours with "great" friends. This is what Kareo is about. Be part of a team and part of a family. Do you want to be part of something this special?

Better benefits and compensation than most companies. Monthly mixers, lunches paid for, and an engineering leadership team that is working to make sure they take care of their talent.

A SaaS company in Orange County that is freeing our Doctors to focus on patient care? Using technology to build amazing products? Be part of something greater than yourself?

The technical teams (software and network operations) are getting it done and have an amazing pool of talent, and they deliver "results".

Gauntlet thrown to other companies in Orange County...BRING IT!!!!

Oh and our CEO knows his stuff!!!

Cons

Listen, nothing is perfect and you have to put up with some nonsense with people that started their careers here. There's a bit of drama from the corporate IT side that seems like a complete waste of time...yawn...drama...distraction....and no one taking appropriate action to remedy this.

There are politics at play it seems instead of just cutting people lose and getting others that can contribute to the culture. Some have gotten a bit tired of dealing with this, best to make a clean sweep and set us up for success.

"A" players. That's what we want. Don't let anyone settle for less or force us put up with nonsense. We say get on board or move out of the way. We have people here that care and won't settle for second best. Turn us loose and watch what happens.

Worked for Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices? Contribute to the Community!