Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices Reviews

Reset
3.8
Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices Founder & CEO Dan Rodrigues
Dan Rodrigues

Pros
  • Great people that work together (in 8 reviews)

• positive/creative work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is ok, but sometimes can be challenging with our fast paced growth (in 8 reviews)

• Kareo promotes "work life balance" but there is none, especially in engineering (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

An energizing and purposeful place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kareo is a fast-growing, venture capital backed software company on a mission to help small practice physicians leverage technology for the betterment of their practice and the patients they serve. It has the fun culture of a young company and the processes and talented management team of a more mature one. Kareo has a rock star support team, super smart engineers and a product roadmap that is destined to support doctors and their staff succeed. The company has multiple locations in the U.S. and is now serving over 25,000 medical providers across every state. The founder/CEO is a successful lifelong entrepreneur who is dedicated to deliver the team and culture needed to pursue the mission and succeed as a company long term. The company has a fun culture that celebrates success and allows for fun employee events. There's also all the mini-benefits you'd expect including free sodas, free smoothies on Thursdays, Yoga classes and Crossfit during the week. Oh, and the larger offices in Irvine and Las Vegas are fun, collaborative and beautifully furnished spaces.

Cons

The Irvine office is beautiful but it's a bit of a walk to the parking garage, there are opportunities to improve on the 401k plan value, would like to see a few healthier daily options for drinks (vs. just sodas).

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the mission to serve small practice doctors, hire people who are empathetic and supportive of that mission, continue supporting and reinvigorating the culture that made Kareo such a great place to work and continue looking to fill roles, as possible, with internal talent.

Apr 19, 2015 – CEO

Hi and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here on Glassdoor. It’s great to see so many of our growth and cultural goals reflected in your comments. We’ve worked hard to create a ... More

2. Great company; Growing Pains

Current Employee - Support in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Support in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with great culture. Positive people, hard workers...

Cons

The only thing is that the company is growing very rapidly, and the number of clients rapidly continues to grow. Customer service provided is not the best because we cannot meet deadlines based on high volume of clients. We are constantly dealing with upset customers on a daily basis. Also every time there is a release to fix issues or roll out new features, there are more problems that the customer experiences.

Advice to Management

Slow-down. Focus on training personnel and making the software implementation process easier to understand for customers so that they can help themselves more than continually being upset that they are not getting the service they need for help.

3. Success Coordinator

Former Employee - Success Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Success Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Good working environment, company wants to make sure you are taken care of as far as comfort at your work area.

Cons

employees and management are not very nice to newcomers. Management and HR do not want to hear of your troubles within your job, such as the position you were forced to take after the restructure. No employee input as to what you would want to do, just this is where and what you are going to do, sign the paper you agree, or terminate your job. Too many accounts, not enough staff to fully do your best of your abilities. I did not take this job to be a call center phone operator.

Advice to Management

I would have stayed had I been given an opportunity to change positions as I had asked to do. Nothing became of my request. Providers called yelling at us and we had no direction, just had to listen to the ranting.

5. Advisor

Current Employee - Advisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Advisor in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

The staff is like family. They are every helpful and share knowledge. The company knows how to take care of its employees and is constantly giving us learning tools to stay educated.

Cons

The work load can be a bit much. Seems like they spread their employees a bit thin.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your mission and goals

Customer success coordinator

Current Employee - Account Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

The company has good benefits. It was a great place to work when I first started. A great employee orientation and basic training program. The majority of employees there are extremely nice hard working people.

Cons

The company has changed since I started and it seems like we're treading water just to make it thru the day. We are over worked and definitely under paid. A few people that are employed there believe that texting at their desks the majority of the day is productive.

Advice to Management

Stop looking the other way with these people that are taking advantage of you and the company! I think that since the hard working people there are making you look good give them some positive acknowledgement. Rethink the current company structure because it is going to destroy any integrity the company has.

7. 1 year later...

Current Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

Pros

I have been with the company for a year now and the dust has settled. But I still feel like I am on my honeymoon. The people at Kareo are some of the smartest people I have every worked with and the level of enthusiasm and kindness is off the charts. I feel like I make a significant contribution to the organization most every day. I have worked for many companies in Orange County over the years and this is by far the best job I have ever had. I think Kareo has done a great job of creating a community where everyone has a voice or an outlet to express their thoughts and ideas.

Cons

There have been some growing pains in the past year, but I think that is typical for a company that is in hyper growth mode. Sometimes you have to stop, re-evaluate and then plot the course to move forward. This has been uncomfortable for some people as expected.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Lack of integrity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is wonderful, great benefits, coworkers all get along, drama to a minimal, great culture!

Cons

Very stressful! Many of the employees take Xanax to help with the daily stress. Some doctors will call in regards to their account, after all its their money, and the representative makes up some excuse or another for mistakes that are done at the outsourcing office in India. Sales promises services that later get told to the client we cant provide. Recent changes made it to where clients that brought in less than a certain amount of monthly revenue did not receive the same help/advise as those that brought in more. Bottom line, its all about the money just like any corporate business. Lack of integrity to the client.

Account Managaer

I worked at Kareo Medical Office Software for Small Practices full-time

Pros

Outgoing, creative, friendly staff! The company has a fast paced technology which is perfect for the type of business, and a great team of professionals that try hard to make it work with the volume of accounts they have to handle....

Cons

Human Resources need to be more training in handling issues between employees, instead of it being swept under the rug, it creates more problems and lack of confidence & trust in that department. In addition, several Managers show partiality to the employees which is unacceptable in the work place, no matter how valuable they think that person is, everyone should be treated equal, some of the managers cannot separate their friendship outside of the company versus the work place, which is a huge issue!

Aug 7, 2015 – CEO

Hello and thanks for your feedback! While I love all feedback here on Glassdoor, I especially appreciate those that include actionable ideas to help our company grow stronger. So thanks for your ... More

Go eat a chocolate bunny

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Great, smart people that want to do the right thing for the company and for doctors that we serve. Lots of fun events like Ping-Pong and company mixers (tons of alcohol -- this place likes to party) and a awesome holiday party

Cons

This place has a good story to tell but the operations, onboarding, management structure are in BAD shape and cause a great deal of confusion once you get here. If you want to figure everything out on your own without any support then this is the place for you. My advice is if you are thinking about leaving your current job for Kareo -- think twice! This place is like a chocolate bunny -- looks good from the outside but hallow in the middle.

Aug 7, 2015 – CEO

First of all, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Not everyone does. And while I’d love to see a more positive review from you, I understand not everyone will have the same feelings ... More

Friendly, Efficient Onboarding and Excellent Perks

Current Employee - Customer Marketing Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Marketing Manager in Irvine, CA

Pros

From the second I agreed to interview, the team was very warm and inviting. After I said yes, most of the paperwork was slowly sent for completion, making it easy to complete before arrival. They even sent me a welcome package with a coffee mug and phone charger. I am excited to start my new journey at this dynamic company. Looking forward to taking part in the wellness program along with free yoga and boot camp!

Cons

None that I have encountered so far. Seems like a fabulous place to work and grow. Great products and services.

Aug 7, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review here on Glassdoor. I appreciate all the feedback, positive or negative, and use it to help our teams deliver a better employee experience. So I’m glad to ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed