Kasmir Fabrics Reviews

1.0

Linda Kasmir
1 Rating

Was great until someone with now business sense took over.

I have been working at Kasmir Fabrics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you go in at a clerical level, it's probably OK. Competitive salaries and benefits. If you like to be micro-manged and treated like a thief, this is the place for you.

Cons

Paranoid Narcissistic Arrogance is the management style. Mid level positions will not able to avoid it.

Sell

Former IT Dept. Employee

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

My co-workers were great. The IT manager and owner were tyrants.

Cons

I will have to agree with all the other negative reviews. I worked in the IT department and it was not a friendly place to work. Linda Kasmir is a tyrant. If you update your online resume while working there, they will fire you.

Sell the company to someone that cares about people.

Worst working experience of my life

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics

Pros

They have a nice line that is never released in a timely manor. Always after the season has passed.

Cons

I am an experienced account manager sellling decorative products to the design and retail community for 15 years prior to taking a position with Kasmir. I worked for them for 1 year and 3 months and hated every minute I ever spent working for them. Every previous comment you have read on glass door is the absolute truth. Before taking any position with them ask what their turnover rate is and why it is so high. They will use your knowledge and relationships that you have built with your customers to open new accounts and once that drops to less than 2 new accounts per week you will be put out like yesterdays trash. The territory you will be given to manage will encompass all new england states and also upstate ny. You will not be able to manage this territory effectively due to its size. You will be expected to be on the road monday thru thursday from 8 am to 6 pm. New accounts will be the priority. Friday will be used as an office day which will include a conference call to Dallas. Do not have any thoughts or ideas on how to improve sales. The only comments should be positive and reinforcing to the companies current structure as you will find out from the 3 account managers with any tenure at Kasmir. Also you may want to ask why line releases have been delay by months i.e Fall 2011 line was released in dribs and drabs starting in November. All I can say is I would not wish for even my worst enemy to have to work for this company.

The only thing this management team wants to hear is how fantasic they are. They already have all the answers and treat their employees like absolute dirt.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Same experiences as the above reviews

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kasmir Fabrics

Pros

Kasmir has beautiful fabrics and trims at a competitive price point. The customers I serviced were very great and I enjoyed working with them.

Cons

I experienced all of the above from Kasmir. I was completely mislead during the interview process as to the management style of this company. Kasmir was very upfront about their tracking device with me, however when I questioned them about the way I would work the territory, what I was told and what actually is practiced were two completely different things. I was harassed for months by my manager about the way I was working for Kasmir. I was calling on an average of 4 customers a day 4 days a week and opening an average of 1 new account a week and this was not good enough. On the office day which they also track I was making 50-75 calls and email contacts and told by my manager that I was not doing well enough that I had to contact the same 50 accounts over and over. This was very harassing to those 50 customers as many told me and not at all fruitful by ignoring the other 300 + customers.
    I was told we were provided with a company car as part of the compensation package. After excepting the job and in training in Dallas I find out that they deduct 120.00 a month from my check for this car. I also was involved in a fender bender which I was not cited however I was told that I would have to pay the $1000.00 deductible. Between earning 39,000.00 a year and getting constantly nickel and dimed by my employers and harrassed by my manager,who could never decide if I was salesman of the year or the dregs of society I luckily found a part time job that pays 1 1/2 times than the full time one at Kasmir.
    I highly recommend a position at Kasmir Fabrics to anyone in desperate need of income as long as that indivdual continues the job search.

No advice, they are not going to listen.

One way to ensure you will see a psych doc and probably be on rx meds--get hired at KF :(

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time

Pros

I learned I can handle STRESS, PRESSURE, MICRO MANAGEMENT, INSULTS and NEGATIVE MANAGEMENT TACTICS without jumping off a roof head first.

Cons

6 months of working as a territory mgr - Sam and Frank would roll over in their graves if they could see what has happened to their beloved Corporation. I was a customer eons ago. Then an employee. Universe apart, then and now. I now wont even use their products in my own home.

Use your conscience for a change and treat employees and customers like you want to be treated.

Toxic Management Culture

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

the fabric line is nice

Cons

This company has a very toxic management that has ingrained this into lower management. Inside employees as well as outside sales people have never been employed by a company that doesn't trust anyone, assumes everyone is a liar and thief, and the upper manager has some serious anger management-bullying mentality, if not in fact mental illness. Their job turnover is huge! They mislead you on your hiring contract, and when you question them, they turn the tables and wonder why you are so defensive. Please listen to these comments by everyone. I had inside information about the turnover, and the rumors of the manager being Bipolar, but I did not listen.

Run, Don't Walk...........

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics

Pros

Their fabric line is one of the best in the industry for the price.

Cons

Sales force is a revolving door. Huge territories, extensive travel....if you like working 60 plus hours a week this is the job for you. Compensation not comparable to other companies in the industry. Most of the compensation is commission based. Upper management is not customer focused. You are expected to open two or more new accounts a week, but it will never replace all the customers and the business you will lose daily. Benefits are the worst. Imagine a company that requires you to take a vacation or personal day if you have a death in your family. There is no bereavement leave. Micromanaging is rampant. If you have ever had a job in a professional sales organization, do not work here. The blackberry you are given will track your every move. In fact, if the phone malfunctions, you will be called, asked to stop working and reprogram your phone so you in fact, can prove that you were indeed, working. If this is not enough information to deter anyone from even interviewing here, I don't know what would be. There is more, but the above should suffice.

There is no competent leadership at this company.

Worked for Kasmir Fabrics? Contribute to the Community!