Kastle Systems

Add Photos

Kastle Systems Co-Chairman & CEO Piyush Sodha

Piyush Sodha

Enjoyable, yet Challenging Work Environment

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsI have worked for Kastle now for about a year and a half and it is a breath of fresh air for me, someone who has come from a much larger company (80,000+ employees nationwide). At the previous company I felt like 1 out of 80,000. They could care less if I quit the next day because there was someone programmed to replace me. It was very impersonal. For someone who has gone from being showered with competitive benefits and constant appreciation to Kastle, I would choose Kastle all day! I rather love coming to work with mediocre benefits, than dread every day but with plaques on the wall.

At Kastle, there is definitely a genuine concern for employees both personally and professionally. I enjoy that I'm not micromanaged and every day isn't monotonous. The work load can be heavy and at times overwhelming but I enjoy the challenges. Hats are shared, but I look at it as an opportunity to learn more about all departments of Kastle. No, you aren't constantly praised for a job well done, but I also don't expect to receive praise for what is expected of me. Even my exceptional work isn't for personal praise, but to keep our customer's happy. With the right attitude and best foot forward, I find that I am appreciated here internally and externally.

Ultimately, if you never grasp the FULL picture of a company's mission and goals, then you won't appreciate your role and how it contributes to the FULL picture.
Kastle Rocks!

ConsAs mentioned above, some might find what I've stated as cons (work load, overlfow of responsibilities, and employee appreciation). At the end of the day, every company will have its list of issues that could be resolved. The benefits are not up to par with what I'm used to, but it does its job. The cons I share in my opinion are things that have potential to being resolved provided there is feedback with ideas or solutions, rather than complaints.

Hard work is not only noticed and appreciated...it is rewarded.

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time

ProsCareer growth opportunities, quarterly bonuses and award programs, annual raises, benefits, 401K, travel opportunities, smart and loyal employees, dedicated and driven executive team, fun/open atmosphere, good work/life balance, vacation and sick leave available, etc…

Kastle has provided me with fantastic growth opportunities and unique experiences to enhance my career.

I see the dedication and passion that each member of the executive team has for their field of expertise and for Kastle as a whole. I firmly believe they are sincere in their commitment to making this company one of the best places to work, and are genuinely devoted to ensuring our customers receive impeccable service and latest and greatest in security technology. No matter what challenges are faced along the way, it’s important to work for a company whose leadership is focused on a mission, and equally as important, to work for people who realize it’s the employees who make achieving that mission possible.

I continue to learn a great deal from my colleagues and the leadership team and am proud to be part of Kastle. As a leading national company that has undergone and embraced so much change, in such a short period of time -- while not losing sight of the 40 year legacy it has built -- Kastle is growing in a big way…and it’s exciting!

In a time where many companies are cutting back, Kastle continues to invest in areas including: service, technology, marketing, current employee benefits and new talent…and last year built a brand new HQ office with big windows, bright walls and open spaces to enhance communication throughout departments.

Most importantly, employees are treated as part of a team. If you are a hard worker with a positive attitude, motivated to make a constructive impact and eager to learn and grow in your profession, then Kastle would be a good fit for you. Hard work is not only noticed and appreciated…it is rewarded.

Cons-Throughout the company, people tend to focus on the negative and negativity can be contagious.

-Who ever says they don't want to be paid more? However, salary IS in line with today's market average.

-Though I know the team is looking for the right person, we've been without a VP/Head of Human Resources for quite some time. This is an extremely important position for a growing and changing company, and employees need to feel comfortable with someone in that role.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome employees don’t feel they can express their concerns to management. It would be a good idea to make an open door policy widely known so that everyone feels comfortable voicing those concerns.

His first year taking over the role, the CEO scheduled meetings with each and every employee to learn about the individuals and gather their thoughts and feedback about ways to improve the company. I think this was extremely valuable and made people feel like they could make an impact, even in a large company. Maybe we're due for another round and include our Chairman and other execs?

Overworked and Underpaid

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-The clients. The commercial real estate industry has a large number of charismatic people who are GREAT to work with.
-The people on the "front line". The operators, the technicians, the CS reps-- these are the people who truly deserve the money and recognition.
-The company culture OUTSIDE of the workplace. While working at Kastle is awful, the employees all share in the misery and are all great friends in and outside of work

Cons-Awful pay for the amount of stress put on employees
-Terrible management and NO leadership
-The "company vision" is a crock. They want to be one of the top places to work, yet treat their employees like trash. They want Kastle to be not only the clients' top security provider, but their top service provider. Yet they are cutting funds in every direction, don't have enough employees, and stretch their employees so thin, that the "good" people aren't even "good" anymore, or else they just bail and go work somewhere else.
-Employees are NEVER acknowledged for what they do right and are not appreciated. There is constant criticism no matter what.
-This company is a sinking ship. Clients only stay because of key individuals that they trust, not because they trust the products, services, or company as a whole. People who work here need to get out while they can. If a few important people leave (and I don't mean the higher ups, they could leave and this company would function fine), then the company is screwed. I'm talking about the programmers who know everything, the Support team that works around the clock, and the service and installation managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust sell the company and get on with it so that hopefully the next owner will actually care about its employees.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tragic decline of a once robust organization

I worked at Kastle Systems

ProsThere a few smart and dedicated people left who are doing their best to hold it together.

ConsIt's a bad time to be a Kastle customer or a Kastle employee. Kastle's formerly unparalleled level of service, and its corollaries -- customer and employee satisfaction -- have been thrown out the window in favor of the bottom line.

Turnover of the kind of employees the company used to value is at a scandalous level. The C-level group is squeezing every dollar possible to the bottom line so they can sell the company for as much as possible as quickly as possible and abandon the business they avowed they would be in for the long haul.

They have learned Kastle is a part of the service industry, not the technology industry, and they are so poorly suited for a service business, it is laughable.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust sell it already, before there's nothing left.

Marginal

I worked at Kastle Systems

ProsGreat people. Ability to learn at a fast paced level. Cool product and dedicated employees.

ConsPay could be better for positions. Kastle has a history of underpaying there employees. Way too much workload on individuals which causes breakdowns on every level. Everyone is about themselves rather than working as a team. Not enough recognition for jobs well done, but the first time you make a mistake, you better brace yourself. The new management/owners care more about the bottom dollar than keeping customers happy. This is a big mistake when operating a service company. Happy customers come back, pissed off customers will not. Thats how security companys make their profit, by reoccurring revenue= happy customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Especially the ones that have been around for years. They know what needs to be done to make customers happy. Don't forget about the "low men on the totem pole". You can sell a product all you want, but without experienced "qualified" technicians to install it right the first time and keep your customers coming back, you have nothing. HIRE MORE PEOPLE!!!!! Kastle is at its breaking point right now. If you loose any more "experienced" personnel its going to be messy. This is a very unique company, much different than others in the way they operate. Remember, it takes years to mold an individual into "success" at Kastle. Take care of your employees and they will take care of you. Stop worrying about "numbers" all the time. You have to spend money to make money. If you hire enough experienced people, train them properly and let them do their job, then the customers will be happy and guess what? here comes your money. I think upper management should spend a few days working in different departments to get an idea of the product we sell here and how skewed the process is. Bottom line, you need to pay to play. Get out there and hire qualified individuals and pay them what they want. Happy employees=happy customers=monthly goals hit=happy management.

Concerns at Kastle

I worked at Kastle Systems

ProsThe local staff were very good. Extremely loyal and committed to doing a good job.

ConsC-Level management at the corporate office was more concerned about the bottom line, to the detriment of employee relations.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are your greatest asset. Make them feel like that is the corporate culture.

Worked for Kastle Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kastle Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kastle Systems CEO Piyush Sodha. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Kastle Systems employees.