Kastle Systems Reviews

Updated July 29, 2014

3.6

Kastle Systems Co-Chairman & CEO Piyush Sodha
Piyush Sodha

Overall, happy with the decision to come to Kastle!

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time

Pros

I really love the people. There is no one specific type of individual at Kastle; the employees are very diverse in both age and background which is great from a learning/growth perspective. There are also people at Kastle who have been here since the company started, which is extremely rare to find these days. This is somewhere that people want to stay and retire. The office culture is relaxed, and the company tries hard to create an environment where everyone can meet and mingle such as Popcorn Fridays, Employee Appreciation Parties, and volunteer opportunities. I also really love the team and department I work with. It's not always about the money, finding somewhere to come everyday where I can do what I love and not hate the people I work with were key and I think I've found that happy medium.

Cons

No real cons. The workload can be overwhelming at times but there is a lot to clean up from the previous regime so it makes sense. A 401(k) match would be ideal, especially for a company this size.

Great culture. People make the company a great place to work.

Current Employee - Accounting Manager  in  Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay
    Good culture
    Company is growing
    Great people to work with

Cons

Small size caps growth potential
    No 401K matching
    Leadership undervalues support departments

Realize which areas really make the company run

Happy to be here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems for more than a year

Pros

1) Fantastic employees. I really enjoy working for our current Executive Management team. I feel as though the give me freedom to try my ideas as well as push me to perform at a higher level. I can tell they believe in me and my work.

2) Seen a positive increase in experienced talent that has been recruited into the company in the past two years.

3) Working for a small company gives all employees the opportunity to have a voice and make an impact.

4) Competitive pay compared to market.

5) Soda/Popcorn on Fridays. This may sound trivial, but I think its a cute tradition.

Cons

1) Not enough accountability for poor or mediocre performance (or bad or lackadaisical attitudes).

2) "HR" Department. I have never been impressed with the HR department since I started. Although we have recently hired an entire HR Department, I have not noticed any positive changes. The HR Department still moves slow and is sometimes hard to find. I was hoping for more structure and training from the new HR members, but it has been very limited. Since Kastle did not have an HR Department (or anyone trained in HR) for so long, I think this would be a huge area of opportunity. In addition, the review process could be revamped. Guidelines in reviews are not specific and do not provide enough quantitative benchmarks for employees.

3) Not all departments have a defined dress code. Sometimes employees look sloppy and unprofessional. Please get jeans and stretchy pants out of the workplace.

4) Old Kastle vs. New Kastle. I believe in the direction "New Kastle" is going but there are still many employees stuck on "Old Kastle" even though its been years.

1) Think ideas through more completely before rolling them out to staff

2) Communicate management or organizational changes more clearly instead of emails to staff members

3) 401K Matching

4) Continue to recruit new talent

5) Re-vamp the review process

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great so far!

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Efficient, professional, very on the ball. Lots of communication and very organized. You work from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave which makes the day go by fast. Accessible work location, friendly coworkers, lots of leave, clean office. Always something to do

Cons

No 401k matching as of today

Lots to like, Great learning experience

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working with my co-workers, and above all helping my customers. Management have set a service oriented culture, and customer happiness trumps everything. It is gratifying to see it work and hear from satisfied customers. Yes, occasionally that does mean that I have to solve tough customer issues, but it is all part of the learning experience for me. Love the community outreach and volunteer opportunities, as well as company sponsored events - at the Ritz of all places !

Cons

It is a large company with many departments, and somethings things can get stuck. I have always found people willing to go out of their way to help, and it all works out in the end.

Love it, love it, love it.

Current Employee - Client Services Representative  in  Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

I get really bored easily, so working here gives me something new to challenge me every single day! I get to learn a new approach, a new solution, or deal with a new client with different needs every day. The management staff is open to input, and works hard to make the workload go smoothly.

Cons

There are no true "cons". This is an entry level job for a lot of us so we SHOULD expect to work hard, learn constantly, and look for ways to shine. I was always taught that is how you get ahead.

Keep looking for ways to expand because that opens more opportunities for promotion. You have a lot of smart "up and coming" workers.....

Great company with great professional development opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company's committment to providing excellent customer service is witnessed across all departments. My manager gives me the flexibility and autonomy to help the customer in my day-to-day responsibilities. Additionally, in my first year with the company, a number of colleagues in my location have been given promotional opportunities which is exciting to see. I definitely feel like there is committment to my professional growth from my manager through ongoing mentoring and training.

Cons

None that I can think of right now

The perfect place for the cutthroat, unethical and shady

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-some incredible co-workers
    -donuts, popcorn and soda on Fridays
    -a paycheck

Cons

-low salaries and infrequent raises
    -mismanagement/ general shadiness
    -change environment; confusion between the "old Kastle" and the "new Kastle"
    -misguided leadership (decisions made by committee often fail)
    -unchecked favoritism (intelligence does not win you anything)
    -priority is the mighty dollar
    -the H.R. Department is a joke (file a harassment claim and watch nothing happen)
    -the CFO just bailed

Hire better leaders or sell the company to someone who can

High Turnover

I worked at Kastle Systems

Pros

They do a good job of hiring tallented people into their client services department.

Cons

They do a really terrible job of retaining employees. There is less opportunity for advancement within the company than they let on. They micro-manage their employees.

Great environment.

I worked at Kastle Systems

Pros

Everyone always made me feel appreciated despite the fact I only worked a few hours a week as a file clerk. Great office atmosphere.

Cons

There was honestly nothing I didn't enjoy about working at this company. The reason I left was because I moved out of the area.

Worked for Kastle Systems? Contribute to the Community!