Kastle Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kastle Systems Co-Chairman & CEO Piyush Sodha

Piyush Sodha

Love it, love it, love it.

Client Services Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsI get really bored easily, so working here gives me something new to challenge me every single day! I get to learn a new approach, a new solution, or deal with a new client with different needs every day. The management staff is open to input, and works hard to make the workload go smoothly.

ConsThere are no true "cons". This is an entry level job for a lot of us so we SHOULD expect to work hard, learn constantly, and look for ways to shine. I was always taught that is how you get ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep looking for ways to expand because that opens more opportunities for promotion. You have a lot of smart "up and coming" workers.....

Great company with great professional development opportunities

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company's committment to providing excellent customer service is witnessed across all departments. My manager gives me the flexibility and autonomy to help the customer in my day-to-day responsibilities. Additionally, in my first year with the company, a number of colleagues in my location have been given promotional opportunities which is exciting to see. I definitely feel like there is committment to my professional growth from my manager through ongoing mentoring and training.

ConsNone that I can think of right now

The perfect place for the cutthroat, unethical and shady

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-some incredible co-workers
-donuts, popcorn and soda on Fridays
-a paycheck

Cons-low salaries and infrequent raises
-mismanagement/ general shadiness
-change environment; confusion between the "old Kastle" and the "new Kastle"
-misguided leadership (decisions made by committee often fail)
-unchecked favoritism (intelligence does not win you anything)
-priority is the mighty dollar
-the H.R. Department is a joke (file a harassment claim and watch nothing happen)
-the CFO just bailed

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better leaders or sell the company to someone who can

High Turnover

I worked at Kastle Systems

ProsThey do a good job of hiring tallented people into their client services department.

ConsThey do a really terrible job of retaining employees. There is less opportunity for advancement within the company than they let on. They micro-manage their employees.

Employees are taken advantage of for their had work with no compensation

Customer Care Operator (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Kastle Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsIf your desperate for a job they are always hiring. Huge turnover!!!!

ConsManagement takes advantage of your hard work with no compensation. Hard to get a day off. Need to have a replacement in order to do and if you cant find one your SOL. If you work an overnight shift you can forget having a social life. No rotation for shifts. If you are scheduled to work Friday and Saturday nights, you will work that for the rest of your life with a very hard time to trying to get it off or find a replacement

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management like Tom Radigan need to spend more time getting to know his current employees and greet them when they walk by them in the hallways instead of spending all day in his office wasting time on employee surveys that he doesn't pay attention to anyway.

Great environment.

I worked at Kastle Systems

ProsEveryone always made me feel appreciated despite the fact I only worked a few hours a week as a file clerk. Great office atmosphere.

ConsThere was honestly nothing I didn't enjoy about working at this company. The reason I left was because I moved out of the area.

Out with the old, in with the new!

I worked at Kastle Systems

Pros-Leadership knows what products to put money into

Cons-Execution of everything
-Pay
-Stated goals and the path to get to them are widely disparate

Advice to Senior Management1) USE MONETARY INCENTIVES TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS!!! Your current business model encourages working just hard enough that you don't get fired.
2) Your stated goal is to be a "Top 50" company to work for. However you offer no 401k matching, no true bonus, quietly removed your education assistance program, require a 3 year commitment to receive a promotion, and expect college educated employees to work for 12/hr in the call center or 15-16/hr in client services.

Great people - solid company with some fixable executive/management shortcomings

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAs others have said, the people are awesome and are absolutely what make Kastle a special place to work for. In spite of some of the other reviews to the contrary, the executives do seem to care about the company and are investing in it in many smart ways - from moving almost every office to lower cost locations to investing in the technology and product to build a lead and differentiate the company from our competition. Like the quarterly social events as well as the fruit/doughnuts/popcorn/soda on fridays.

ConsI see too many people set up to fail by being put into jobs that they are either not well suited to perform or simply don't have the resources to perform adequately. If additional resources are requested, human resources can be a bottleneck because there is only one lower-level employee - the VP of HR slot has been vacant for over a year, as has the CFO position. While my manager is good about commending good work, most other managers and the senior leadership seems much more apt to scold for negative and take those opportunities to deny employees compensation increases. Also, work-life balance can be put to the test at times, with most employees having been moved to salaried positions and now being required to respond to customer needs 24/7 without any corresponding increase in compensation. No corporate 401K match.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts commendable for the senior leadership to be customer-focused, however you also need to start being more employee focused as well. That goes beyond just creating programs such as "fitness first" (which is great), but it also includes visiting the 1st floor and checking in and seeing what YOU can do for THEM. Don't just visit employees when there is a crisis - invest in them as an employee and as a person.

Great Company, Great Legacy, Bright Future

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsOwnership has made significant investments in our techology, people and processes and they continue to innovate. Leadership genuinely demonstrates care for it's employees while balancing the fiscal responsibilty associated with sustaining a successful business. The vast majority of our employees are highly engaged and regularly put the needs of our customers and company first. Opportunities for professional growth abound.

ConsEmployees are often asked to wear many hats although in today's economy I believe you'd be hard-pressed to find very many companies that don't need to ask their employees to do a little more in order to ensure the health and ongoing success of their businesses.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in new technology, infrastructure and your people. And, keep the free popcorn and donuts coming on Fridays :)

Overall good company

Service Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Kastle Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDedicated employees and good customer base

ConsTo many individuals wearing more than one hat. Could benefit from staffing up departments a bit more. Management could do a better job supporting their employees.

Worked for Kastle Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kastle Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kastle Systems CEO Piyush Sodha. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Kastle Systems employees.