Kastle Systems Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Great culture. People make the company a great place to work.

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay Good culture Company is growing Great people to work with

Cons

Small size caps growth potential No 401K matching Leadership undervalues support departments

Advice to Management

Realize which areas really make the company run

2. Great so far!

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Efficient, professional, very on the ball. Lots of communication and very organized. You work from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave which makes the day go by fast. Accessible work location, friendly coworkers, lots of leave, clean office. Always something to do

Cons

No 401k matching as of today

3. Lots to like, Great learning experience

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with my co-workers, and above all helping my customers. Management have set a service oriented culture, and customer happiness trumps everything. It is gratifying to see it work and hear from satisfied customers. Yes, occasionally that does mean that I have to solve tough customer issues, but it is all part of the learning experience for me. Love the community outreach and volunteer opportunities, as well as company sponsored events - at the Ritz of all places !

Cons

It is a large company with many departments, and somethings things can get stuck. I have always found people willing to go out of their way to help, and it all works out in the end.

5. Love it, love it, love it.

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get really bored easily, so working here gives me something new to challenge me every single day! I get to learn a new approach, a new solution, or deal with a new client with different needs every day. The management staff is open to input, and works hard to make the workload go smoothly.

Cons

There are no true "cons". This is an entry level job for a lot of us so we SHOULD expect to work hard, learn constantly, and look for ways to shine. I was always taught that is how you get ahead.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for ways to expand because that opens more opportunities for promotion. You have a lot of smart "up and coming" workers.....

6. Great company with great professional development opportunities

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company's committment to providing excellent customer service is witnessed across all departments. My manager gives me the flexibility and autonomy to help the customer in my day-to-day responsibilities. Additionally, in my first year with the company, a number of colleagues in my location have been given promotional opportunities which is exciting to see. I definitely feel like there is committment to my professional growth from my manager through ongoing mentoring and training.

Cons

None that I can think of right now

The perfect place for the cutthroat, unethical and shady

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-some incredible co-workers -donuts, popcorn and soda on Fridays -a paycheck

Cons

-low salaries and infrequent raises -mismanagement/ general shadiness -change environment; confusion between the "old Kastle" and the "new Kastle" -misguided leadership (decisions made by committee often fail) -unchecked favoritism (intelligence does not win you anything) -priority is the mighty dollar -the H.R. Department is a joke (file a harassment claim and watch nothing happen) -the CFO just bailed

Advice to Management

Hire better leaders or sell the company to someone who can

High Turnover

Pros

They do a good job of hiring tallented people into their client services department.

Cons

They do a really terrible job of retaining employees. There is less opportunity for advancement within the company than they let on. They micro-manage their employees.

9. Great environment.

Pros

Everyone always made me feel appreciated despite the fact I only worked a few hours a week as a file clerk. Great office atmosphere.

Cons

There was honestly nothing I didn't enjoy about working at this company. The reason I left was because I moved out of the area.

Out with the old, in with the new!

Pros

-Leadership knows what products to put money into

Cons

-Execution of everything -Pay -Stated goals and the path to get to them are widely disparate

Advice to Management

1) USE MONETARY INCENTIVES TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS!!! Your current business model encourages working just hard enough that you don't get fired. 2) Your stated goal is to be a "Top 50" company to work for. However you offer no 401k matching, no true bonus, quietly removed your education assistance program, require a 3 year commitment to receive a promotion, and expect college educated employees to work for 12/hr in the call center or 15-16/hr in client services.

11. Great people - solid company with some fixable executive/management shortcomings

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As others have said, the people are awesome and are absolutely what make Kastle a special place to work for. In spite of some of the other reviews to the contrary, the executives do seem to care about the company and are investing in it in many smart ways - from moving almost every office to lower cost locations to investing in the technology and product to build a lead and differentiate the company from our competition. Like the quarterly social events as well as the fruit/doughnuts/popcorn/soda on fridays.

Cons

I see too many people set up to fail by being put into jobs that they are either not well suited to perform or simply don't have the resources to perform adequately. If additional resources are requested, human resources can be a bottleneck because there is only one lower-level employee - the VP of HR slot has been vacant for over a year, as has the CFO position. While my manager is good about commending good work, most other managers and the senior leadership seems much more apt to scold for negative and take those opportunities to deny employees compensation increases. Also, work-life balance can be put to the test at times, with most employees having been moved to salaried positions and now being required to respond to customer needs 24/7 without any corresponding increase in compensation. No corporate 401K match.

Advice to Management

Its commendable for the senior leadership to be customer-focused, however you also need to start being more employee focused as well. That goes beyond just creating programs such as "fitness first" (which is great), but it also includes visiting the 1st floor and checking in and seeing what YOU can do for THEM. Don't just visit employees when there is a crisis - invest in them as an employee and as a person.

RSS Feed </> Embed