Katch Kan Reviews

1.9
Quinn Holtby

awful

I worked at Katch Kan full-time

Pros

The pay was good but not worth it.

Cons

Mangement was horrible. They only cared about themselves.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and quit thinking that your better than them.

It was not good

Current Employee - Operation in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Operation in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Katch Kan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was looking for career pathway, but they are not encouraging education, training and your vision

Cons

They admit that they respect and have values but actually they are not

Advice to Management

there is no management, it is only one man show, no stability no one stay more than one year

Rewarding work, but not a longterm place to be.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Katch Kan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love what the company does, believe in the products/solutions, love a lot of the people, they're VERY talented. I will always be mentioning them to people that might find their solutions interesting or useful.

Cons

Not a place one can work for more than a year or so. Why? If you're on salary: -Expect to be Underpaid -No overtime -No banked time -No cost of living increases -No raises based upon time employed or performance -No raises even if your manager puts in for one for you -A ridiculous pass-fail 'rewards' structure where the upper management can 'adjust' your 'score' by one point to make you ineligible. Basically, whatever you get paid the first day you start (on probation), is what you'll make for the foreseeable future. Only way to make more, is to go somewhere else. On top of that, poor internal communication, lack of trust (lots of online/phone monitoring), lack of transparency (no sharing of the results of the managements yearly/quarterly goal setting retreats). It's a shame. This company broke my heart with employee unfriendly policies & culture.

Advice to Management

There's so much potential if the company stopped living in the past and embraced modern, competitive policies. It feels like its stuck in the early 90's, and wont attract and retain younger talent until it gets into the 21st century. The business won't grow until you have policies that make your employees happy to the point of fanaticism, happy employees=profit. I loved this company, and it broke my heart.

Take my advice - STAY AWAY!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Katch Kan

Pros

The product is great - who doesn't support safety and environmental innovations?

Cons

I find it very funny that there are positive reviews now, after someone brought up their poor rating on Glassdoor. The CEO is completely disconnected from the real world – while he hides in the parking lot across the street watching everyone’s comings and goings, he’s raking in fistfuls of cash because nothing is going to the people that actually do the work. He is extremely passionate about his product, which is great, but until he is passionate about the employees that are making HIM a success, he will continue to lose quality people. The only long term employees are people that are somehow indebted to the CEO – generally “President’s Club” people, because they don’t let anyone else into the club. To be honest, I’m happy I am not in that club because they are generally awful people. The number of employees that have come and gone in the last few years is incredible – and they blame the employees for not being “adaptable” and not having “staying power.” Treat your employees like human beings and you might just surprise yourself.

Advice to Management

PS – even men find the hiring of half naked women at marketing events to be offensive. PLEASE join the 21st century.

Chasing its tail no direction or Vision of how to take company to the next level

I have been working at Katch Kan

Pros

Production group are great they always get things done when needed. Some great people here but owner does not respect any of us

Cons

No clear vision on how to get to the next level. Lack of communication between office staff everything is a secret, owner has no faith in employees, always changing his mind and direction, no respect for employees or personal boundaries.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the owner and rebrand. Your on a sinking ship!!!

7. Making a Meaningful Difference

Current Employee - General Manager - Marketing & Customer Development in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Katch Kan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Katch Kan is undergoing a remarkable transformation. Serving the upstream Oil & Gas Industry for over 20 years, this values-driven organization plays an important role in reducing operational costs, lessening injuries to hard working individuals and ensuring that our environment is protected for generations to come. Led by a creative and passionate CEO, the newly formed Management team embrace Katch Kan’s mission and know that the future is bright. I am extremely proud to be a part of this organization and to play a role in creating meaningful change.

Cons

Finding adaptable individuals with staying power.

You know it is really BAD (and amusing!) when........

I worked at Katch Kan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some really bright and talented people working there. But they won't be for long.

Cons

......."senior management" is posting a rebuttal to honest comments. Both the GM and CFO are as bad as the owner in their behaviour and treatment of employees (and they are contractors NOT employees!!!). The culture is toxic and starts at the top. They want "adaptable people with staying power" and employees to "invest time and energy to see positive opportunities"! Really? Stop treating employees like a necessary evil and annoyance. Employees are seen as only a means to make profits for the company. This company doesn't give back to its employees - just takes. And there are no "opportunities" at this company so why "invest time and energy" to "stay" when employees are treated so badly.

Advice to Management

The employees make the company money - not you.

A Never Ending Joke

Former Employee - Sales in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Katch Kan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is directed at the last person to write the glowing review for this company. Quinn....is that you? There is NO WAY that this person works for Katch Kan. As an employee, that is.

Cons

See above. One glowing review amongst a sea of reality. This company changes staff very frequently. Great if the staff is being promoted, or assuming other responsibilities. But that isn't the case. Once the consumer gets comfortable with you, that is likely your last day. I'm a little surprised that no one mentioned the fact that he hires girls to promote his company at trade fairs. Not just KK employees...ladies that are either looking for attention or giving that attention. Extremely degrading if you have half a brain.

Beware of KatchKan!!!! Stay away from this company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Katch Kan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some people remaining that are not brainwashed yet Wise people that have left the company

Cons

The circle of police that are getting extra money to make the employees' lives miserable Opinion must always be positive Not allowed to talk to employees who resigned

Advice to Management

Nothing YOU CANT TEACH OLD DOGS NEW TRICKS

An Extremely Horrible Environment And Place To Go Everyday!

Current Employee - Sales in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Katch Kan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do protect the enviroment, but are more interested in the financial aspect.

Cons

I still work there, so reading the other positive reviews that are posted I know are fake and perhaps even posted by the management. This is without doubt the worst environment and company you could work for - bar none! The CEO is a joke and everything is self serving and fake - even his awards! All you have to do is look at the turnover in the company to soon see he uses people and then discards them like dog meat. I have personally seen some fantastic people with incredible skills get walked to the door or they just quit as they feel used and abused!

Advice to Management

My advice to any manager other than the CEO is to run - as sooner or later, you will be kicked to the curb!

RSS Feed </> Embed