Katun

Updated May 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carlyle S. Singer

Optimistic at first but reality soon set in

ProsPeople and culture are great.
    The pay and benefits are all within industry norms.
    Very easy going at headquarters

ConsLittle chance for growth in a career, company is in a downward slide for the past ten years and senior leadership themselves even admit to knowing this is most likely going to continue for the foreseeable future.

Advice to Senior ManagementHard to give advice to leadership of a revenue declining company in a shrinking market, but faster to market, cheaper alternatives, and a better sales force would be good places to start to turn around the revenue decline.

Going Downhill Fast

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsOverall, most people are great to work with.

ConsThe key goal is to sell the company, and therefore we have to too many products that are not ready to be sold - quality issues (launching as many products as possible to look good on paper). Very poor leadership, with too many secrets. Micromanagement is a major issue. Too much experience was let go during the head count reduction in Dec. 2012, many mistakes are now being repeated.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visible and share more with employees. At least act like they care about employees. Make an attempt to determine the cause of low morale issues. More true leadership needed, not micromanagement.

Katun: Great people, atmosphere, and career development opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bloomington, MN

Pros+ Great people to work with.
    + Adapatable and flexible to individual employee needs.
    + Most management get the big picture and are looking to make things better in their jobs, the business, employee's lives.
    + Pay and benefits are competitive.
    + H.R. team is great at H.Q. and does a lot for the employees.

Cons+ Some of the management (middle management to be specific) is CLUELESS to their own responsibilities but maintain jobs for no apparent reason. Why are they still here? Being here 20 years is not an answer if a replacement hire can walk in and due a better job at a lower wage in short order. Cut ties and move on so we can make this company go in a positive direction!
    + Little growth as a company
    + Little growth for an employee (outside of a few cases here or there) in career advancement. Great for stepping up and doing more due to the size of the company, but does not necessarily
    reflect a promotion or pay increase in your future.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consistent approach and better communication from department to department. Business units / departments are too independent from one another for a company of this size.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Katun gave me the opportunity to grow and took a chance on a young person to execute strategic plans

Manager (Current Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsCareer opportunities are varied and gives a person a good variety of work. The people at katun are fun to work with.

ConsGrowth in revenue is slow. Turnover in senior leadership is confusing and the resulting communication is often not timely and not collaborative.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent in your communication and take a stand on where you are going as an organization. Develop a strategy and stick with it.

Good job to have when entering job market

ProsNo compensation ceiling on sales positions
    Managment enourages creativity

ConsDying median
    Constant upper managment turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementStability

Worked for Katun? Contribute to the Community!