Kauffman Tire Inc

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Kauffman

Family values with no glass ceiling to your career....

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsYou are not a number here. If you have good work ethic and drive you will be taken care of. I have been here for over a decade and have no regrets. If you want a particular job all you have to do is earn it. It always feels good to tell people where you work and not worry about others bad experiences. Benefits are best in the industry as well.

ConsNone really worth speaking of.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways remember you have smart people around you. You hired them. Don't forget to ask the people in the trenches their thoughts.

Great work place great people to work for!!!!!!!

ProsThey truly put customers before profit, provide a great work environment, stores are kept spotless, genuinely care for all associates. Awesome people to work for.

ConsNeed more stores south of Atlanta and in Florida.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work this company is the one bright spot in an industry that has gone to big profits first everything else later. Keep up the good work,

Company held back by executives

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ellenwood, GA

ProsCorporate Office is very 9-5, not much outside work required.

ConsNo time off/vacation for first year of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the employees show you they can provide value to the company and stop being so overbearing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible Training, Now opportunity for growth

Inner Sales (Former Employee)

ProsPaid every week. Nice facilities.

ConsNo room for growth
    High expectations with little reward
    Boring culture

Advice to Senior ManagementBe better.

Great Experience

Warehouse Operations (Current Employee) Ellenwood, GA

ProsWorked hard, great people to work with. Interacted with the corporate and warehouse personell and never had any issues. It was a very friendly group. Tom Money is a great boss. Chris in the warehouse is a great teacher. I interned with another college kid and he was cool too.

ConsLots of overtime, but you make great money.
    Wish it was closer to home (and not so far south)
    Wish they would told me in interview that I would be working that much and that much labor.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you interview someone for the warehouse, have the warehouse manager interview him/ her and not 2 HR reps and the COO. This will help the warehouse get the people they want/ need

Great goals and values. Hard goals and expectations.

General Service Technician (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThis company has the very best goals in mind for customers. They do not want customers leaving in an unhappy or unsafe state. The focus is on tire units but service and customer satisfaction are close runners up.

ConsManagement of individual stores varies. Company seems too 'good ole boy' focused. You have to be friend of a friend in the company to rise at any decent rate. Upper management turnover is low so advancement is slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovation. Workers are sometimes dealing with outdated services that can cost sales and cause customers to find other places to service their vehicles.

store manager (MIT)

Prosgreat focus on customer satisfaction

Consnot enough time with family

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great Experience, and would recommend for someone looking for a promising career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsKauffman Tire is a growing company that offers many products ranging from tires to automotive repair. They have several departments including wholesale, retail, online sales and corporate.

ConsThe location of its corporate headquarters is in Ellenwood. Traffic can be a nightmare.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your employees. While numbers are important the well-being of your employees should not be traded for profits.

Be ready to work ...EVERY SATURDAY.....

General Service Technician (Former Employee) McDonough, GA

Prosdiscounts, day shift, get sent home early

ConsWORK EVERY SATURDAY..... 6:45AM MEETING ON SAT. MORNING WOW BRAIN IS THINKING WEEKEND ........HELLO PEOPLE........

Advice to Senior ManagementGREAT JOB SENIORS

Meh.

Worker Bee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsClosed Sunday. Decent hours (8-6). Possibility for some advancement. Lots of push to take care of the customers.

ConsYou will more than likely be there past 6 and occasionally before 8. Never a Saturday off. Managers basically have to dedicate their life to the company. Never a "thanks". The pro of taking care of the customer can sometimes hit your bottom line; which you may be questioned about later.

Advice to Senior ManagementA rotating Saturday off might be nice once in a while. A little bit of support and more gratitude would be nice.

Worked for Kauffman Tire Inc? Contribute to the Community!