Kaweah Delta Hospital

Updated May 12, 2014
Updated May 12, 2014

3.3

CEO

Good place to work overall

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Visalia, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Visalia, CA

I worked at Kaweah Delta Hospital part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good wages and benefits, supportive manager, flexible with my schedule and needs, opportunity to work in different specialties, great patients

Cons

Staffing levels can set you up for accidents and injuries, acuity of patient load can be overwheming, some management is very hands off and out of touch

Listen to your staff on the front lines. Don't be afraid to get involved and check in more than once a year.

A good place for the "chosen ones"

I have been working at Kaweah Delta Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Magnet Hospital, good pay, perks through company store, great supportive services, good technology, medical residents, multi campus, full continuum of care

Cons

very political, "good ole boys club", don't make waves

Live the mission statement, need to realize many in nursing leadership are corrupt

No support in the outpatient clinics and totally disconnected from the hospital-treated like step kids

Former Employee - Supervisor Role  in  Visalia, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor Role in Visalia, CA

I worked at Kaweah Delta Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Competitive pay, great support if you attend college, tuition reimbursement.

Cons

The pay is competitive, this is a nurse magnet hospital, they focus on "happy employees make happy patients" BUT they need to realize that treating employees great is one thing but NOT holding staff accountable or allowing lazy people to get away with doing nothing while your great employees do all the work. In fact, I just got another job because after X amount of years I decided that the work culture will not change so I quit. If my boss would allow all management to be treated equal that would be great. But, according to "seniority" some staff are not given the same treatment. We are bypassed and made to feel like second-class citizens.

If management complains about not having enough support the executive team should listen and act upon it; don't sweep feedback under the rug. There are some people in director type roles and ignore staff. Watch what is going on behind the scene or off sites. It's time to change the work culture and make sure patients are the priority and not the docs. Health care is changing so pay attention. I would recommend if equal support is given to all O/P areas not just the "main hospital." We are all equally important

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was ok, hard to get a full time position.

Former Employee - Nutrition Host  in  Visalia, CA
    Former Employee - Nutrition Host in Visalia, CA

I worked at Kaweah Delta Hospital

Pros

Working part time has pluses such as flexible hours and days. Able to go to school while working.

Cons

The schedule is flexible and so is the pay. I could not count on a specific salary because even if I COULD work 40 hours, they were not available for me one week, but possibly the next.

Leaders did a good job, but much of what they would like to do very much depended on the budget, which was above their power.

I loved working for the district, it's a big hospital being new I never felt comfortable, staff wasn't always friendly.

Former Employee - HUC/Patient Care Coordinator  in  Visalia, CA
    Former Employee - HUC/Patient Care Coordinator in Visalia, CA

I worked at Kaweah Delta Hospital

Pros

Great place to work lots of opportunities to grow and advance.

Cons

Being new was hard worked for 8 months and never felt comfortable, or made any friends.

If someone is wearing something against dress code let them know right away not after wearing it 3-4 times and then tell you in your 6 month review, made me feel bad and embarrassed.

KDHCD: A small town hospital that isn't anymore but the culture hasn't changed with the times.

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Visalia, CA

I have been working at Kaweah Delta Hospital

Pros

1. People
    2. Benefits
    3. Opportunity
    4. Pay is competitive.

Cons

1. Executive Leadership disconnected with how hospital truly operates.
    2. Physician/Staff culture: very much an "us" vs. 'them' culture.

Spend time with your staff. Not just a few minutes, but actually spend a 12 hour shift with a nurse, or an 8 hour shift with a non-clinical staff member to experience first hand what their job is like. We really feel that you are quite disconnected with the reality of what it is to work here.

Think about leaving your current job, before coming to Kaweah

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

I have been working at Kaweah Delta Hospital

Pros

I Have a job. Some of the co workers are awesome

Cons

Lack of training. Managers and Coordinators dont have a college education or health care experience. Managers and Coordinators are allowed to talk to an employee any way they want without getting into trouble. Higher up has no clue what goes on in each department, Managers and Directors tell whatever they want to hear and they believe them. Money is wasted leaving the employees with no raises. If you dont have a BA degree you dont get a 3.00 an hr raise, the monkeys spinning the wheel arent appreciated they're lucky if they get a couple of cents. Higher ups need to come and do our job for our pay..

Get a college education and experience in the Medical Field. Take a communication class to learn how to speak to people. Remember where you came from and stop kissing up

Review of Kaweah Delta Hospital

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Visalia, CA

I have been working at Kaweah Delta Hospital

Pros

Compensation is decent. Schedule flexibility is not bad either/

Cons

disorganized. Management is not as great as they think they are. Lack of staffing causes a lot of work for floor nurses. Food in the cafeteria is terrible.

THey need to take advice from the people on the floor.

Worked for Kaweah Delta Hospital? Contribute to the Community!