Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors

Updated Dec 28, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Sinnott

Great experience in growth private equity

I have been working at Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors full-time

ProsI work with the "new" team that has been running the growth equity group since 2010, and my experience has been excellent. I have worked on multiple deals and the team has involved me in all aspects of the deal process. The group has definitely invested a good deal of time and energy in training me, and I have enjoyed my time working with them.

ConsIt can be a challenge trying to "sell though" the reputation that was created in the marketplace by the prior growth equity regime.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider paying people more when they raise their next fund

Executive Assistant

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMost wonderful and charismatic people, flexible and warm environment - although very fast paced and very demanding

ConsSupervisors tend to cross area of supervisio to another's reports and give conflicting instructions.

Not the worst...not the best, mediocre shop.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors full-time

ProsFree lunch, good snacks, relaxed culture and interesting products.

ConsNepotism is rampant, building sucks and pay is below industry average. Limited upward mobility, easy to get stuck.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of free meals and pay employees more.

Growth Private Equity Summer Associate

Associate - Growth Private Equity (Former Employee)

I worked at Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsAs a Summer Associate working under the new management of the Kayne Anderson Growth Funds I had a different experience than the previous reviewers. The core responsibility of this position is still direct sourcing, which is a great introduction to the growth equity world, but emphasis has moved from quantity to quality. As an Associate I was exposed to every phase of the investment process including sourcing, term sheet negotiation, diligence, and post closing monitoring.

The new management team has a clear vision that is supported by the entire organization. Everyone in this group had an open door policy, including the top management, and was always willing to teach and answer question. Kayne Anderson has a strong culture that is shared in the Growth Equity group.

ConsThe impressive track record and reputation of Kayne Anderson's Energy funds can overshadow the other groups in the firm. That being said, the funds' reputation did help when cold calling.

Advice to Senior ManagementA more formal training program would be helpful.

Good Entry Level job in private equity

Growth Private Equity Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors

ProsLots of cold calling of companies to solicit their interest in investment; very similar to Summit Partners or TA Associates business model of direct sourcing. However there has been a recent management change in the growth equity group, so I don't think it is as sourcing-intensive now.

ConsLots of learning at the outset, but you quickly plateau in what you learn. Not a ton of training upfront or throughout the job. Learn by doing. Figure out your own way.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a great position to learn about private equity and get a foot in the door. It was a frustrating position while working there however, as the firm never did any deals or communicated a consistent message about strategy or goals.

Very profit-oriented

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors

ProsUpside in profitable funds works out well

ConsVery politically-oriented company, lots of nepotism

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise professionalism in the organization, not just wearing ties

Worked for Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors CEO Robert Sinnott. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors employees.