Kcal Insurance
www.kcal.net Hacienda Heights, CA

Kcal Insurance Reviews

Updated Feb 22, 2014
Kcal Insurance – US – “office”

Kenny Chang

Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time for less than a year

Proslearns a lot in short time

Consa little bit stressful envirnoment

Advice to Senior Managementbe more flexibly, we are human being, not machine.

good environment

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kcal Insurance full-time for more than a year

Prosfriendly staffs, the job is fairly ok

Consthe work sometimes can be tedious.

Advice to Senior Managementgood work

This is not the company that you want to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kcal Insurance

ProsYou can easily get a job without experience

ConsI'm pretty sure management will write positive reviews to cover the bad one but: This is not the company that you want to work for.

KCAL is a Taiwanese family owned insurance agent. Only family members are trusted. Employees are working like slaves and machines and treated without basic trust.

You have to sit in front of computer answering phone calls and offering quotes consistanlty 8 hours a day. Small breaks are not allowed. Cameras are installed everywhere to monitor what you are doing.

Employees are required to use an APP called WECHAT to report daily work every night because management don't trust independent work, they want to know your progress in every detail.

95% of the job are customer services. Don't feel safe if you are hired as Communication Specialist or Financial Analyst, if you don't keep yourself low key, you will be transferred to unwanted jobs right away.

Since management don't value their employees, people come and go SO often- which in turn, leads to the fact that employees are valued at least because they know you will leave eventually.

The CEO is like the Emperor in those ancient Chinese dramas. Whatever he says, people will say yes and good. Different ideas are not favored. But if you are a slim cute Chinese girl, you may have greater chance to be loved in the company, since management can use your image in their commercials.

CEO also likes to brags his close relationship with sherifs. Well, it is a typical Chinese mind set: To do businesses , set up good relationships with police officers first. However, dearest CEO, I don't think your closed sherif friend can save you when he knows that you don't pay overtime, accept hiring employee without work permissions and run a highly stressful company like this.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you go like this, you will be sued.

A place to help my dream come true

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time

ProsThis Company provides many opportunities to grow through which allows you to network through the company. A lot of chances for projects, training, the harder you work the better you get what you want. It is a very collaborative environment which makes you feel like family while having a successful career at the same time. Great people that I can't imagine how friendly they are, and they really help a lot whenever I need them. I plan to stay here longer, I would recommend this company to anyone.

The boss is interesting and really take care his stuff. All people in this company, they all have really good relationship with our boss. We all like a real family.

Cons-dress should be more flexible...uniform only black and white lol...
-being watched all the time, sit in office all day and no break time to walk around
-high stress environment at times

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more chances to new hires.

Fast Growing Agency

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Hacienda Heights, CA

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI've worked for this agency for 8 years and witnessed the customers base grows everyday. If you
want to be trained as a professional and make money based on your performance. It is a right place to stay! I was in different field before. I'm surprised I like this job!

ConsDress code is strict in this company for professional image. It is not a big deal to me but I hope it can be flexible in future.

Learning, Sharing, Communicate and Practice

Group Health Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time for less than a year

ProsFirst of all, fast growing company like KCAL provides many opportunities and stages for us. I learn so many professional skills and gain lots of confidence about this field in KCAL. Nowadays, more and more people should already notice how important the social skill and communication skill is. In KCAL, they not only teach me skill from your tasks, they also want you to meet with client, participate in social events and so on ...
Second, I have to say...you will feel like a big family here in KCAL. Everybody is kind, warm-hearted, and patient. I asked a lot of questions during my first month here. They helped me a lot and explained to me in detail even through they were very busy. There are a lot team work here, everybody is experienced and knowledgable. Believe me, you can learn a lot of different skills here.
I enjoy working here with my teammates, my colleague, my boss and love our big family!!! :)

Consbe a quick learner and he aware of multi-tasking skills.

A job you get excited about

Hacienda Heights, CA

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time for less than a year

ProsFriendly working environment. Coworkers are, for the most part, team-oriented, helpful, and give credit where credit is due.

Management works hard to place you in the right department, where your skills can be utilized and developed.

ConsDue to the high volume of customers, the office can get really busy. But that also means the company is doing well and that you’re unlikely to get laid off anytime soon

Advice to Senior ManagementKCAL should sponsor more team-building events, such as picnic days and/or basketball games, to help increase interaction between coworkers and different departments. This would definitely help to strengthen unity within the company and instill values of teamwork.

This is the job I want.

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros- Friendly environment with nice and energetic co-workers.

- Convenience location with lots of restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies, Starbucks around.

- Nice manager who knows how to make best use of your advantages and bypass the disadvantages, and provide opportunities to learn from each other and learn from work.

- Never feel boring, because you always have lots of interesting stuffs to do, routine jobs and unexpected tasks, big projects and tiny actions, social with different people and paperwork with the computer.

- Work with moral satisfaction. Lots of opportunities to serve the community as the company also emphasizes on the social responsibility.

Cons- You have to be a fast learner and can response quickly to unexpected tasks.

Overworked, crappy boss, nice co-workers

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time for less than a year

ProsHired me without experience in the industry. Co-workers are friendly in general.

ConsCrappy boss who nickle and dime everything and set security cameras to look at you in his office.
Unpaid overtime
Very stressful and busy work environment. Too much stuff to do too few workers

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people. Pay for overtime.

KCAL is a great place to work, and most employees are very nice and friendly.

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros-Great working environment.
-Most everyone their seems to be genuinely nice people and truly act as a team.
-Training is great and extremely thought out to help new hires succeed. This is the best company to start and grow with.
-Lot of fun evens that I can meet different people.

Cons-Will be little too busy before Holidays~
-Need to wear black and white uniform only

Worked for Kcal Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kcal Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kcal Insurance CEO Kenny Chang. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Kcal Insurance employees.