Kcal Insurance Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Kenny Chang

A company that is still growing and expanding with lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at KCAL for almost 3 years now. I did enter the company with no experience in the insurance industry, but the company has provided me with very good training. Since I started, I have received multiple promotions and increases in my salary based on my performance. It's a great place for young college grads to gain experience in the industry.

I am surrounded by great co-workers and managers that are always willing to help and provide guidance. They do make work less stressful. Kenny our owner does care about his employees unlike some of the reviews suggest. He can be stern sometimes, but he is a business man and has a company to run. He has always been very respectful and courteous towards me.

The company rewards employees that provide the best service to the clients and also to those who try their best and work hard. The company is still relatively young so there is plenty of room for growth with the opportunity to get promoted and move up within the company.

Cons

Customers that complain a lot, but you'll find clients like that with any company. It can get stressful at times, but then again that applies to all companies.

Advice to Management

Maybe even more incentives/rewards for employees that perform well.

The Best Ever! Boss Is A Great Philanthropist!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kcal Insurance

Pros

Everything is excellent! KCAL embodies the best values of society! Our boss Kenny is the greatest man ever! He cares about his employees like his sons and daughters, and treat everyone just like a family member! He will hold your hands and guide you through all difficulties! The culture is amazing! Everything is super legit! Just like so many other reviews on here, I write all this in my own volition!

Cons

None at all! There's nothing wrong whatsoever! not even in the slightest!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You guys are doing great!

This is the kind of job where you dread going into work on Monday morning, and the work week feels like a month.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hacienda Heights, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hacienda Heights, CA

I worked at Kcal Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work here would be stability. If you can keep your head down and only work, and never get to know who you are working with, and never have fun or enjoy your work, then at least you know that you have a job Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm and you will get a paycheck every two weeks.

Cons

Unfriendly work environment, lack of consistent training, stresses of dealing with unreasonable customers, abundance of micromanaging and unreliable technology. Uniform policy- Black jacket and pants with white button up shirt.

Advice to Management

The company should really value their employees more. Too often they feel belittled and unappreciated, and morale is very low. The high employee turnover rate should really be a red flag as to how the company goes about hiring, training, job placing and managing their employees.

The life in KCAL is so fulfilling that I get exposed to so many new stuff and opportunities.

I have been working at Kcal Insurance

Pros

I'd worked for other Chinese insurance agency for 6 months before I started my career in KCAL. In my opinion, KCAL provided a much better working environment and training. I was treated as a tool in the previous job, because my previous boss did not want his employees learn skills and become his competitor in one day. I learned nothing but improved my typing speed in that 6 months. In contrast, Kenny is so generous in terms of sharing knowledge and giving employees chance to improve. In my first month in KCAL, life became so hard due to the heavy training classes. But now, I got my agent license and earned lots of experience by assisting other senior agent. I am confident in being a good agent.

Cons

I have to work on weekend once in a while for special events, but it is fun to meet the kids in those events. It also requests high EQ while dealing with frustrated clients, although you may not be the one caused all the trouble.

Amazing!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hacienda Heights, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hacienda Heights, CA

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

KCAL has an upbeat environment with friendly atmosphere. The opportunity to grow internally and externally is endless, which is perfect for someone who's just graduated from university (like me). It’s a challenging job that you’ll need to push yourself to keep up the performances, however, the support team is always there to guide you through every challenges you experience.

Here are the Pros:

Tons of training and helpful people.

Great company to work for and network with management for future opportunities.

Very encouraging and invested in the developing employees.

Friendly environment.

High ambition.

Cons

Most of clients are Chinese speakers.

Lack of flexibility in terms of working hours.

7. I worked at the commercial branch of this company.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kcal Insurance

Pros

Coworkers and team leaders were nice and helpful

Cons

Manager was a bit strict, but I found her pretty nice to me.

Dont waste your time

I worked at Kcal Insurance

Pros

they will hire people without any experiences

Cons

Get experiences and run away! The turnover rate is high. It is a family business so only family member get trusted. No respect for employees at all. Your boss will yell at employees for no reason not to mention their offer is lower than market rate.

Advice to Management

family business is not good for you company.

Great internship opportunity

Current Employee - Summer Intern in Hacienda Heights, CA
    Current Employee - Summer Intern in Hacienda Heights, CA

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For me, this is a great internship opportunity especially as a first paid job -- I definitely feel like I'm learning a lot and I'm able to contribute to many projects that are happening. I've already been able to apply a lot of skills from school, such as programming, in a professional setting. Despite being an intern, I never feel like I'm doing any menial work.

Cons

It may be difficult if you can't speak Chinese, since the company's clientele is primarily Chinese.

good environment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kcal Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly staffs, the job is fairly ok

Cons

the work sometimes can be tedious.

Advice to Management

good work

This is not the company that you want to work for

I worked at Kcal Insurance

Pros

You can easily get a job without experience

Cons

I'm pretty sure management will write positive reviews to cover the bad one but: This is not the company that you want to work for.

KCAL is a Taiwanese family owned insurance agent. Only family members are trusted. Employees are working like slaves and machines and treated without basic trust.

You have to sit in front of computer answering phone calls and offering quotes consistanlty 8 hours a day. Small breaks are not allowed. Cameras are installed everywhere to monitor what you are doing.

Employees are required to use an APP called WECHAT to report daily work every night because management don't trust independent work, they want to know your progress in every detail.

95% of the job are customer services. Don't feel safe if you are hired as Communication Specialist or Financial Analyst, if you don't keep yourself low key, you will be transferred to unwanted jobs right away.

Since management don't value their employees, people come and go SO often- which in turn, leads to the fact that employees are valued at least because they know you will leave eventually.

The CEO is like the Emperor in those ancient Chinese dramas. Whatever he says, people will say yes and good. Different ideas are not favored. But if you are a slim cute Chinese girl, you may have greater chance to be loved in the company, since management can use your image in their commercials.

CEO also likes to brags his close relationship with sherifs. Well, it is a typical Chinese mind set: To do businesses , set up good relationships with police officers first. However, dearest CEO, I don't think your closed sherif friend can save you when he knows that you don't pay overtime, accept hiring employee without work permissions and run a highly stressful company like this.

Advice to Management

If you go like this, you will be sued.

RSS Feed </> Embed