Kcal Insurance

Great internship opportunity

Current Employee - Summer Intern in Hacienda Heights, CA
    Current Employee - Summer Intern in Hacienda Heights, CA

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For me, this is a great internship opportunity especially as a first paid job -- I definitely feel like I'm learning a lot and I'm able to contribute to many projects that are happening. I've already been able to apply a lot of skills from school, such as programming, in a professional setting. Despite being an intern, I never feel like I'm doing any menial work.

Cons

It may be difficult if you can't speak Chinese, since the company's clientele is primarily Chinese.

I worked at the commercial branch of this company.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kcal Insurance

Pros

Coworkers and team leaders were nice and helpful

Cons

Manager was a bit strict, but I found her pretty nice to me.

Dont waste your time

I worked at Kcal Insurance

Pros

they will hire people without any experiences

Cons

Get experiences and run away! The turnover rate is high. It is a family business so only family member get trusted. No respect for employees at all. Your boss will yell at employees for no reason not to mention their offer is lower than market rate.

family business is not good for you company.

good environment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kcal Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

friendly staffs, the job is fairly ok

Cons

the work sometimes can be tedious.

good work

This is not the company that you want to work for

I worked at Kcal Insurance

Pros

You can easily get a job without experience

Cons

I'm pretty sure management will write positive reviews to cover the bad one but: This is not the company that you want to work for.

KCAL is a Taiwanese family owned insurance agent. Only family members are trusted. Employees are working like slaves and machines and treated without basic trust.

You have to sit in front of computer answering phone calls and offering quotes consistanlty 8 hours a day. Small breaks are not allowed. Cameras are installed everywhere to monitor what you are doing.

Employees are required to use an APP called WECHAT to report daily work every night because management don't trust independent work, they want to know your progress in every detail.

95% of the job are customer services. Don't feel safe if you are hired as Communication Specialist or Financial Analyst, if you don't keep yourself low key, you will be transferred to unwanted jobs right away.

Since management don't value their employees, people come and go SO often- which in turn, leads to the fact that employees are valued at least because they know you will leave eventually.

The CEO is like the Emperor in those ancient Chinese dramas. Whatever he says, people will say yes and good. Different ideas are not favored. But if you are a slim cute Chinese girl, you may have greater chance to be loved in the company, since management can use your image in their commercials.

CEO also likes to brags his close relationship with sherifs. Well, it is a typical Chinese mind set: To do businesses , set up good relationships with police officers first. However, dearest CEO, I don't think your closed sherif friend can save you when he knows that you don't pay overtime, accept hiring employee without work permissions and run a highly stressful company like this.

If you go like this, you will be sued.

Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

learns a lot in short time

Cons

a little bit stressful envirnoment

be more flexibly, we are human being, not machine.

A place to help my dream come true

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time

Pros

This Company provides many opportunities to grow through which allows you to network through the company. A lot of chances for projects, training, the harder you work the better you get what you want. It is a very collaborative environment which makes you feel like family while having a successful career at the same time. Great people that I can't imagine how friendly they are, and they really help a lot whenever I need them. I plan to stay here longer, I would recommend this company to anyone.

The boss is interesting and really take care his stuff. All people in this company, they all have really good relationship with our boss. We all like a real family.

Cons

-dress should be more flexible...uniform only black and white lol...
    -being watched all the time, sit in office all day and no break time to walk around
    -high stress environment at times

Give more chances to new hires.

Fast Growing Agency

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Hacienda Heights, CA

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked for this agency for 8 years and witnessed the customers base grows everyday. If you
    want to be trained as a professional and make money based on your performance. It is a right place to stay! I was in different field before. I'm surprised I like this job!

Cons

Dress code is strict in this company for professional image. It is not a big deal to me but I hope it can be flexible in future.

Learning, Sharing, Communicate and Practice

Current Employee - Group Health Assistant in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Group Health Assistant in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

First of all, fast growing company like KCAL provides many opportunities and stages for us. I learn so many professional skills and gain lots of confidence about this field in KCAL. Nowadays, more and more people should already notice how important the social skill and communication skill is. In KCAL, they not only teach me skill from your tasks, they also want you to meet with client, participate in social events and so on ...
    Second, I have to say...you will feel like a big family here in KCAL. Everybody is kind, warm-hearted, and patient. I asked a lot of questions during my first month here. They helped me a lot and explained to me in detail even through they were very busy. There are a lot team work here, everybody is experienced and knowledgable. Believe me, you can learn a lot of different skills here.
    I enjoy working here with my teammates, my colleague, my boss and love our big family!!! :)

Cons

be a quick learner and he aware of multi-tasking skills.

A job you get excited about

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Hacienda Heights, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Hacienda Heights, CA

I have been working at Kcal Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly working environment. Coworkers are, for the most part, team-oriented, helpful, and give credit where credit is due.

Management works hard to place you in the right department, where your skills can be utilized and developed.

Cons

Due to the high volume of customers, the office can get really busy. But that also means the company is doing well and that you’re unlikely to get laid off anytime soon

KCAL should sponsor more team-building events, such as picnic days and/or basketball games, to help increase interaction between coworkers and different departments. This would definitely help to strengthen unity within the company and instill values of teamwork.

Kcal Insurance Photos