Ke'Aki Tech Reviews

1 Rating

Good small company

Former Employee - Information Security Specialist in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Information Security Specialist in Frederick, MD

I worked at Ke'Aki Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits of working for a small company rather than just being a number within a large company. Flexibility. Greeting everyone above you by first name. With smaller companies, everyone really does know everyone.

Cons

Health benefits, when compared to a larger company. But that goes for any smaller company. Otherwise there are absolutely no cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Management knows what they are doing - improvement comes with time.

2. Good leadership is invisible

Former Contractor - Research Tech in Frederick, MD
    Former Contractor - Research Tech in Frederick, MD

I worked at Ke'Aki Tech as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a gov't contractor they hold some good jobs in the research field. The 'visible' HR representatives very much want to see you succeed in your tenure with them. HR is vocal that if an employer wishes to give the contractor an award that HR will support that decision.

Cons

Not enough face-to-face employees to take care of all of the contractor's needs, so your paperwork, etc will get lost, your e-mails will get ignored and you will be told that they thought someone else was handling your issue. They will hold onto pay raises for months to almost a year before giving it to you (all of my fellow co-workers), and if you leave the company before they give it to you they will tell you you are not getting the money they owe you. This is also applicable to when employers nominate contractor for awards; you get an IOU. If you make a complaint to HR, HR will tell the person/group what you complained about AND they will tell them the name of the person who complained and exactly what was said or show them the e-mail. HR will leave your files out on their desks, not in a locked room, where other employees can see them, showing: your social, etc. right there on paperwork/files left out. Pay is not fair. When my co-worker and I were leaving the company we discussed salary and I, even though I was a lower pay grade than my co-worker and we both had similar experience, made more money than my co-worker did. They will change insurance companies every year to two years, they say to get the best pricing, so don't get too cosy with your doctors. You have to write your own yearly review, so there's no real way to get good feedback from your managers. Because a gov't contractor the federal bosses do not know how much money their contracted employees make, so it's no surprise that you hear that the contracting company receives up to 10% increase in fee to pay for their contract employees yearly as per their contract with the gov't, but the employee itself maybe gets 1-3%. Most of the HR personnel are located in Florida or Hawaii, which is not helpful when the contractors are in Maryland, and, I'm told, many of the company are ex OPM.

Advice to Management

I think, without actually knowing, that upper management leaves the contractors' 'representative HR' personnel out of the loop often, forcing the HR personnel to make up lies to placate the contractors. I think that there is too much work distributed to too few HR personnel and less than adequate company face is presented to the contractors. I think there is too little accountability with HR behaviour.

3. Meh

Former Employee - Software Developer in Fort Gordon, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Fort Gordon, GA

I worked at Ke'Aki Tech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company had some great managers who engaged customers and developers to create good, workable solutions.

Cons

Those managers left, from the top of the organization on down, and now the managers left are grossly imcompotent or just "yes men" to the customer.

Advice to Management

Do everyone a favor and leave.

5. Manger

Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Ke'Aki Tech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to work on my own, no stress from owners.

Cons

Late hours, bad guest, no room for promotion.

Advice to Management

Better raters.

6. Thought the workplace would be different

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Maitland, FL

Pros

Offers employees Good benefit package

Cons

Lack of communication from top of pyramid down to the bottom

Advice to Management

Speak to all team members as there should not be preferences

7. Ke' Aki is a good government contractor

Current Employee - Contractor to Government Research Organization in Frederick, MD

Pros

Benefits are very good. Work place depends on which organization one is contracted to. My office is very awesome. Family friendly, very very flexible. so on...

Cons

Salary is competiteve to the area of operation. Being a contractor limits abilities to "do" things or get things "done". Too many hurdles as a contractor...makes you want to do more instead of only doing what you were hired to do.

Advice to Management

Continue on with always trying to improve. Company will become one of the top small sized government contractors.

RSS Feed </> Embed