KeHE Distributors

www.kehe.com

KeHE Distributors Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014
KeHE Distributors – Romeoville – “Corporate office exterior”

Brandon Barnholt

Merchandising Manager

Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood Benefits package, decent pay, good people to work with, flexible schedules

Conspoor gas reimbursement for travel, pay keeps decreasing and benefits get more expensive, company is starting to micromanage more and more

Advice to Senior Managementmore perks for employees. Company spiffs, contests, company parties, golf outings etc. It doesn't take a lot to keep employees feel good about the company they work for.

Former Kehe employee

Forklift Operator (Former Employee) Breinigsville, PA

ProsVery organized, great wages and benefits.

Conshorrible leadership, no safety, cleanliness is very uncontrolled, lots of rats, poor attitudes, no respect for employees, loves to wrongfully accuses people of thing not committed by the actual person.

Advice to Senior ManagementOut with the old and in with the new as they say should happen!

bad manegers they don't care about you

Truck Driver (Current Employee) Otranto Hills, GA

Prosgood benefits blue cross blue shield dental and eye insurance

Consbad manegers want you to do the wrong thing

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

How Not To Manage

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe best reason to work there was the money to be made if you were willing to work, Middle to high 5 figure incomes were achievable.

ConsThey tend to oversupervise a job where the ideal employee works best with little or no supervision. It seemed strange for a company which makes it money through sales provided no specific information on sales performance preferring instead to concentrate their criticisms in the more subjective areas of the job, They were also big on patting themselves on the back for their contributions to Christian charities but failed to see the irony of the very un-Christian way they treated their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on sales and develop a bonus plan which rewards the achievers, not everyone equally. Become leaders people want to emulate, not fear.

interesting work,fun

Stocker (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosgreat coworkers,easy work,freedom to do a job without being micro managed.

Consnot enough hours,no benefits for part-time,low pay

Advice to Senior Managementpartial benefits of some type for part-timers would be great!

This company is the definition of modern day slavery they don't care about your we'll being worst experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere isn't one to this company your expendable and they like to hire illegals too so they can take advantage of them and they know they will do more for less.

ConsYou get three 15 min breaks u don't even have time to take a crap or pee. For the amount of work in the warehouse they make u do it's ridiculous. You can be sweating and bleeding your life out in there eyes if u don't make rate your not working hard enough. There system is out of date and morale was always low no wander this company isn't profitable.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is isn't China or India or Mexico treat your employees as human beings not slaves and for the CEO do u get three 15 min breaks sir? You should try picking see what it feels like to bleed. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lawsuit yet.

N/A

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfaith based. Family oriented and fast paced.

Constechnology is outdated, the facility has oppurtunites that need to be corrected.

If you enjoy working for a company that shows favoritism between employees than this is the place to work.

ProsIt is a job, benefits, excellent 401K

Consrat infested, favoritism between supervisor and employees, high turn over

Now putting employees over profits and is profiting!

ProsRoom for advancement, always looks internally first. ESOP/profit sharing pays it back to employees when financial results are up. Committees are digging into negative employee survey results to make process improvements and even personnel improvements when necessary.

ConsA little top heavy. Still see areas of wasteful spending that could be trimmed. A better communication plan after structure changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrim the fat by reviewing expense and spending reports. Recognize milestones i.e. 5 and 10 years of service company wide. Take time to include more personnel in events (food shows, charity events, etc). It gives the employees a feeling that they are a part is something much bigger, not just a member of a department

Tree of Life was promising until KEHE showed up!!!

Selector (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsOk hours,no slow season,Decent pay

ConsIn the three years I have worked there I have never seen a company soo unorganized.First off management expects you to do whatever they say whenever they say and not ask questions. If you are the kind of person that questions superiors when given orders they will find a way to fire you. You have to pretty much be a good boy and shut up and pull cases. Second they have HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HOUSEKEEPING.This is suppose to be a food warehouse and they do not even make associates clean. The only time they are made to clean is when Silicar or USDA or FDA is in the office. I hope the FDA see this review because all they have to do is pop up unexpected and I promise Kehe would be shut down. Also frozen bread and ice cream for HEB and CENTRAL MARKET is received on the dry dock DAILY. It is received...thawed...and refrozen.By the time the customer gets it it has be thawed no less than two times and I have pictures to prove it.
    Also the supervisors can suspend you even when they can't prove what they are suspending you for. They pretty much get away with whatever they want. Even if they make a mistake all HR will do is tell the associate don't worry about it without given any apology. I could go on and on about the many faults of this company but it's not even worth time. We as people learn to move on. All I can say is if your not a house slave or a YES MAN........this IS NOT THE JOB for you.!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLive by the company mission statement. Stop being hypocrites.

Worked for KeHE Distributors? Contribute to the Community!