KePRO

1 Rating

utilization Review Nurse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at KePRO full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been an employee for several years. The major perks is the flexibility. Schedules are flexible with the option to work from home.

Cons

There has been a recent change in management. Promotions are only available if you are in a clique not according to qualifications. Lack of communication. Moral is down within the office. Never acknowledge for our hard work. The director walks around the office and only speaks to her friends and associates, everyone else appears to be invisible. Poor Management!

Would Not Recommend

I have been working at KePRO full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    401k plan has decent match with profit sharing

Cons

Health insurance is terrible, high deductible plan with 80% co-insurance and more expensive every year. You would be better off with Obama Care.
    Company was purchased by a private equity firm
    Low staffing levels mean more work for everyone
    The best manager in my department was fired, along with a good portion of the staff
    This was a good place to work at one time, but those days are long gone.

How can a healthcare company have such terrible health insurance? It is a disgrace.

Extreme challenges

I worked at KePRO

Pros

I honestly cannot think of one other than I was thankful to be employed.

Cons

Multiple cons. Benefits are unremarkable, sub par health insurance options ( the irony here is obvious). Management from office on up do not appear to have any regard for staff, who really are only as valuable as the contract. Dishonest, "sneaky" and secretive. Revolving door of employees- both local and C- level execs at corporate.

Show some interest in how your individual offices are managed by offering management feedback from staff, Be transparent in your communication. Employees outside Harrisburg know nothing about new contracts until jobs are posted.

One of the worst jobs I have ever had.

Current Employee - Review Nurse Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Review Nurse Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at KePRO full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The office is reasonably close to where I live.

Cons

Extremely understaffed. Nurses perform as social workers, review clerks and can rarely do "chart reviews". Nurses walk out.

Be realistic in expectations. Do not be condescending or nasty. Treat staff with the respect that you would like to be given. Senior management needs to come down to earth, see what is going on and staff adequately otherwise staff will simply leave to get a decent job.

A growing company, focused on quality

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at KePRO

Pros

Healthcare opportunities, great staff, strong leadership, clinical foundation, solid IT services, staff feels they have committed leadership and a say in the future.

Cons

The company is growing - and going through growing pains - executive leadership is focused on revenue and growth, more emphasis on employees well being

Take time to understand the dynamics that play out on a daily basis with respect to the challenges facing the organization.