Kean University

Updated Mar 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was a great experience I've been employed here for three years and it was such a learning experience.

Frontend Receptionist (Current Employee) Union, NJ

ProsI was able to apply my communication skills by communicating to patients and staff members. Also, I had a chance to grown within the company and now I help train new student employees.

ConsAs a student employee, you can't work more than 20 hours even during the summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is personal growth within the company. I took on more responsibilities each semester.

Kean's heart is in the right place. They offer many affordable programs to attract a diverse student body.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Union, NJ

ProsBeautiful, convenient location accessible by public transportation.

ConsCompensation is shockingly low, professional development is non-existent, work hard and play nice is not a concept here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the right steps to attract and retain visionary leaders to challenge and motivate staff, and who create a culture of collaboration, teamwork and a commitment to excellence.

Quite satisfying and gratifying.

Professor (Current Employee) Union, NJ

ProsPleasant atmosphere, congenial colleagues and supervisors

ConsNone that I can think of

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This was by far my best employment experience

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) Union, NJ

ProsKean has an excellent management staff in the University Center. They are always willing to help you, shape you for success and always give you the opportunity to grow and move up in the ranks.

ConsHonestly, there is nothing bad I can say about working for Kean. This employment experience taught me a lot and also helped me along the way.

Interesting place to teach

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) Union, NJ

ProsStudents are diverse, class size is reasonable

ConsMotivation of students is often lacking

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to try and upgrade requirements

Wilkes Theater, a good starting point

Stagehand (Former Employee) Union, NJ

ProsGood tours come through the roadhouse, Wilkes Theater. Plenty of hands on experience. Great for recent grads of tech theater programs

ConsSupervisor micromanaged everyone. Couldn't care less what you knew, he had skilled wokers moping the stage. Any time worked over 40 hours carried over onto next week's paycheck

Advice to Senior ManagementChange Supervisor

Work, get paid.

IT Specialist (Current Employee) Union, NJ

Pros-Whatever department you belong to, becomes a sort of family to you under good conditions.

-In the situation that you work hard and really stay on the good side of management, you could get raises easily.

Cons-Sometimes there is a lack of "sense" with the things that go around at the University.

-Often you may have very conflicting opinions about the right thing to do in certain work situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is nothing better but to treat the workers right. If you're already doing that, then make the workplace a better environment for you and your employees. Happier workers = Better workers.

Great

Student Computer Technician (Current Employee) Union, NJ

ProsStudents can work and make a bit of money.
    Students can take any amount of time off

ConsStock people get paid more than technicians.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

American Literature professor

English Professor (Current Employee) Union, NJ

ProsThe students are mostly very eager to learn. The staff is great and we work together as a team well.

ConsSome of the downsides of working at kean are that it is difficult to catch up with students who may have dropped the class.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome feedback would probably be to get the opinions of the staff and even the students about things that may need to change in order to make the school a better place and encourage students to do better.

KEAN UNIVERSITY

KEAN UNIVERSITY (Current Employee) Union, NJ

ProsThe people here tend to be nice and for the most part they do care about the students.

ConsSome people have been here 30 yrs. are miserable, grumpy and refuse to retire. There's also favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe administration is incompetent. We're sure they are smart people, they just lack management skills.

Worked for Kean University? Contribute to the Community!