Keihin Indiana Precision Technology

Add Photos

Kentaro Kato

Good place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs much overtime as you want, good work environment. I enjoyed working here and got along with everyone. Some unfortunate circumstances kept me from staying but I would go back in a heart beat.

ConsPay could be a little better

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Honesty

Coordinator (Current Employee) Greenfield, IN

ProsWorking with the Japanese forces you to do things in a step by step process which allows little room for error, coworkers tend to be cheerful

ConsSenior management is very closed doors which is against the Japanese culture, contigent workforce is scraping the bottom of the barrel making supervision very difficult, low pay for position

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the Japanese back in as the shot callers. They care about the associates.

Work place hostile enviormentI have work here and love it, but, there are some peeps that get away with CRAP!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greenfield, IN

ProsI love the work, some of the peeps, but you will have that everywhere.

ConsYou set the rules, so abide by them. Some things happen that should never, ever happen. Peeps get away with it. It should be STANARD though out the plant!

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to YOUR PEEPS! Quit giving the peeps that don't deserve it. It just makes loyal employees resentful for putting in their time.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The job is your life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits, specially the health benefits have very low premiums. But you have to be in a fitness program, even if it is just walking, and you have to proof it (with a pedometer, etc....).

ConsUnwritten rule that I found out the hard way, don't take your PTO and/or vacation days, unless you literally are unable to come to work (death in family, you got hit by a bus, etc...). Like the other reviewers say, the company comes first, everything else is last. Is that something to do with the japanese culture at company, or is this just something put in place by HR? I don't know, maybe a mix of both. Unless you are a senior employee with many years under your belt, or the production depends on you, don't get sick! I had many off days at my disposal, to no avail, I was let go. Like I got sick for fun! Sure. Last advice , if you need anything from HR (in Indianapolis) after they kick you out for thinking that work does not come before anything else, you better get that info or paper while you are still there. They won't answer your emails afterwards...

Advice to Senior ManagementThe japanese upper management should really try to get more involved at the "lower levels" from time to time to see what is going on and why. I understand it's mostly the language barrier, but it would help to find out why many people leave on their own.

RELAXED, ENJOYABLE AND COMFORTABLE

Production (Current Employee) Greenfield, IN

Prosgreat place to start out and move throught the ranks, I love my job and owuld recomment this company

ConsThe few bad eggs that look to ruin others chances...

Advice to Senior Managementthank you for making the system based on preformance, it means alot to those who do care and work hard

DO NOT WORK THERE

Temp (Former Employee) Greenfield, IN

ProsClean
    benefits if you get hired

ConsVery low pay
    Work Saturdays just about every weekend
    Very hot in the summer
    High turn over rate (Quality is very bad)
    You will not get hired for over a year 1000 + hours
    No choice of shift

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people...your quality depends on it!

Good place to work hard to move into other ares

Coordinator (Current Employee) Greenfield, IN

ProsGood benefits, pay ok, most of the people are nice, easy work

ConsHard to move within the company, once you are on a shift good luck moving off it. They use the good old boy club, and you will hear this is how we have dne it for 15 years.
    Some of the coordinators shoul not have been prfomoted not very professional.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people know when they are doing a good job, also promote based on skill and ability not by clock number. Get out on the floor and see what is going on.

Review of company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits and flexible with time off

ConsAssociate selection and promotion process. Direction new centralized senior mgmt team is headed.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for Keihin Indiana Precision Technology? Contribute to the Community!