Keiser University Reviews

Updated August 15, 2014
Updated August 15, 2014

2.3

Arthur Keiser

Great place to Work. Great place to gain experience and friendly people.

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Keiser University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great friendly co-workers and calm environment. It has activities that also involve the staff and I think that was a good choice. The programs are great if you are thinking about returning to school. I believe is has room to grow into something great with the right people.

Cons

Nothing important, only a few good choices for lunch. The leadership is great but can use alittle work. Just understand what you are getting into.

Loosen up the purse strings for good help in the departments. Create more activities from the student just to keep morale up and eveyones spirits high.

clerical

Current Employee - Clerical  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Clerical in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Keiser University as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

good pay
    working with people
    excellent work schedule
    fast-paced environment
    beautiful

Cons

still going strong
    new people
    new positions

none

antiquated management styles at the OOC

Current Employee - Admission  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Admission in Miami, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good people and good programs

Cons

Management refuses to get out of the 80's

Embrace change and value input of those on the trenches

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

learning experience

Current Employee - Director  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

flexibility. Good teamwork of Faculty. Good relationship with community. Good relationship with Student services. Programmatic accreditation very important to the program. The program encourages teamwork among allied health programs.

Cons

no vision at campus level

Admission counselor

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a great way to get experience straight out of college

Cons

Directors care only about enrollment
    They lie to students - everyone gets accepted
    Supervisors are childish - they have favorites, date employees and gets u in trouble if u don't play their game
    Basically u need to enroll a certain amount of student every Start
    If u don't they question your talk time dials or say u " not creating a sense of urgency" .... It's all a game

Get training

Liar Liar

I have been working at Keiser University full-time for more than a year

Pros

The wonderful students.... who work so hard to succeed . Their determination is my motivation to come to work everyday.

Cons

The owners do not respect anyone!!! They lead by fear and the campuses look like slum villages. This is in addition to NO work-life balance, no training, and no help from Regional because, they don't know their jobs. The higher ups talk with a fork tongue. You can't trust anyone at the Regional or Corporate levels. This company is toooooooooo top heavy!!!!!! They make staff members work more than one positions with no additional pay (labor law issues). I have never seen a company such as this. I've been in proprietary education for over 20 years and it is so sad to see that money is the motivator and not the student success.

Corporate and Regional please go back for leadership training. Then maybe you will learn how to treat your staff, especially at the campus level. They are the ones that keep you in that private jet......... Not to mention your student who keep everyone employed. Get rid of the registration and enrollment fees. 98% of the students can't afford to pay it at your for-profit schools. Stop making the students pay on their loans while in school when it is not required just so your 90/10 can look good. Oh!! And stop charging them late fees!!!!!! You only end up cutting them a refund check at the end of their program anyway. That makes no sense!!!!!!! You go after a certain demographic and then treat them like crap. Your students are your blessing so treat them like they count not just a dollar sign.

Very Poor Communication & Disorganized

I have been working at Keiser University full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is above average for most private post secondary.

Cons

Not family oriented, there is no work-life balance, micromanaged, and very poor communication among management.

Terrible

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor

I worked at Keiser University full-time

Pros

Okay salary... But I also live alone and don't have many expenses. I did work with some good people however.

Cons

Terrible management. From the president down to the directors at the campus. It's all about the numbers and money with them. They don't care about the students or their future. There was constant micromanagement and screaming when things didn't go exactly how the DOA wanted. They also made a point to play recordings of bad phone conversations in front of everyone else which is so embarrassing and demoralizing. Just a terrible terrible place. I ended up with anxiety and depression as a result of working here.

There's no hope in offering advice. Nothing has ever been done in the past. All of the people in charge are friends with one another so if you file a complaint about one of them, you just end up in the dog house and they make your life miserable.

Run! Abort!

Current Employee - Financial Aid Reviewer  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Reviewer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time

Pros

Benefits are okay. There are some good people that work there, but the negative definitely outweighs the positive.

Cons

There are good employees, but the supervisor behaves like a child. The department feels like you're back in high school or worse. The manager does not train accordingly; therefore, Some people are overworked, and others do not have any work at all. Favoritism is obvious, and micromanagement is an understatement.

Training. Lots of management training.

they have been good to me...

Current Employee - Senior Admissions Counselor
    Current Employee - Senior Admissions Counselor

I have been working at Keiser University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good salaries once you have been here, if you really care about students like many of us do, then it is really rewarding to see them graduate or when they tell you about the new job opportunity they just landed, vacation time is decent, benefits are great (free for a single person after 3 years but they are not cheap for a family)

Cons

-biggest downfall to me is there is very little room for job growth and opportunity. while the raises are almost always good and much better than other companies out there, I still have the same title after being there almost 10 years so many aspects of the job are getting boring as there is not new challenges.
    -sometimes I think the regionals have been so far out of the every day stuff that they don't realize times have changed. a lot of the basics are the same but what worked 30 years ago may not work the same now

give employees more room to grow and you could probably have a great team of people that sticks around for a long time
    please get some new people for the radio commercials....borrrrring.....
    -managers to include regionals - get employee input of those who are in the trenches everyday and get feedback before rolling some things out.

Worked for Keiser University? Contribute to the Community!