Keiser University

Arthur Keiser

learning experience

Director (Current Employee)
    Daytona Beach, FL

Prosflexibility. Good teamwork of Faculty. Good relationship with community. Good relationship with Student services. Programmatic accreditation very important to the program. The program encourages teamwork among allied health programs.

Consno vision at campus level

antiquated management styles at the OOC

Admission (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

Prosgood people and good programs

ConsManagement refuses to get out of the 80's

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace change and value input of those on the trenches

Liar Liar

ProsThe wonderful students.... who work so hard to succeed . Their determination is my motivation to come to work everyday.

ConsThe owners do not respect anyone!!! They lead by fear and the campuses look like slum villages. This is in addition to NO work-life balance, no training, and no help from Regional because, they don't know their jobs. The higher ups talk with a fork tongue. You can't trust anyone at the Regional or Corporate levels. This company is toooooooooo top heavy!!!!!! They make staff members work more than one positions with no additional pay (labor law issues). I have never seen a company such as this. I've been in proprietary education for over 20 years and it is so sad to see that money is the motivator and not the student success.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate and Regional please go back for leadership training. Then maybe you will learn how to treat your staff, especially at the campus level. They are the ones that keep you in that private jet......... Not to mention your student who keep everyone employed. Get rid of the registration and enrollment fees. 98% of the students can't afford to pay it at your for-profit schools. Stop making the students pay on their loans while in school when it is not required just so your 90/10 can look good. Oh!! And stop charging them late fees!!!!!! You only end up cutting them a refund check at the end of their program anyway. That makes no sense!!!!!!! You go after a certain demographic and then treat them like crap. Your students are your blessing so treat them like they count not just a dollar sign.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Poor Communication & Disorganized

ProsThe pay is above average for most private post secondary.

ConsNot family oriented, there is no work-life balance, micromanaged, and very poor communication among management.

Terrible

Admissions Counselor (Former Employee)

ProsOkay salary... But I also live alone and don't have many expenses. I did work with some good people however.

ConsTerrible management. From the president down to the directors at the campus. It's all about the numbers and money with them. They don't care about the students or their future. There was constant micromanagement and screaming when things didn't go exactly how the DOA wanted. They also made a point to play recordings of bad phone conversations in front of everyone else which is so embarrassing and demoralizing. Just a terrible terrible place. I ended up with anxiety and depression as a result of working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's no hope in offering advice. Nothing has ever been done in the past. All of the people in charge are friends with one another so if you file a complaint about one of them, you just end up in the dog house and they make your life miserable.

Run! Abort!

Financial Aid Reviewer (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsBenefits are okay. There are some good people that work there, but the negative definitely outweighs the positive.

ConsThere are good employees, but the supervisor behaves like a child. The department feels like you're back in high school or worse. The manager does not train accordingly; therefore, Some people are overworked, and others do not have any work at all. Favoritism is obvious, and micromanagement is an understatement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining. Lots of management training.

they have been good to me...

Senior Admissions Counselor (Current Employee)

Prosgood salaries once you have been here, if you really care about students like many of us do, then it is really rewarding to see them graduate or when they tell you about the new job opportunity they just landed, vacation time is decent, benefits are great (free for a single person after 3 years but they are not cheap for a family)

Cons-biggest downfall to me is there is very little room for job growth and opportunity. while the raises are almost always good and much better than other companies out there, I still have the same title after being there almost 10 years so many aspects of the job are getting boring as there is not new challenges.
    -sometimes I think the regionals have been so far out of the every day stuff that they don't realize times have changed. a lot of the basics are the same but what worked 30 years ago may not work the same now

Advice to Senior Managementgive employees more room to grow and you could probably have a great team of people that sticks around for a long time
    please get some new people for the radio commercials....borrrrring.....
    -managers to include regionals - get employee input of those who are in the trenches everyday and get feedback before rolling some things out.

Instructor freedom, salary doesn't compensate

Faculty (Current Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

ProsInstructors are able to teach college level, students have a difficult time keeping up with higher level learning.

ConsPay does not compensate for time put into the job

The job was great, the company, pay, and hours were NOT!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Tallahassee, FL

ProsHelping people better themselves and educate themselves

ConsForced to work overtime hours and weekends with no overtime pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not abuse your employees.

Each campus is different

Faculty (Current Employee)
    Tallahassee, FL

ProsFaculty are upbeat, positive and professional. They do care about the students. Salaries are very good.

ConsPresident with an open door philosophy who's door is always closed. Nothing gets done on the campus without the approval of the campus president. Upper and middle management are hostile, bullying,belittling and totally ineffective. The president doesn't want to remove ineffectual managers as it would be embarrassing. I should have guessed that there were going to be problems when they couldn't decide what job I was applying for!

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed effective new employee training. Pinch the pennies on trivial things that cost employee time and then there is strong pressure to produce quickly without effective training. It is a losing situation. Most Faculty remain because they need the employment and they are dedicated to the students.

Worked for Keiser University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Keiser University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Keiser University CEO Arthur Keiser. All 47 reviews posted anonymously by Keiser University employees.