Kellen Company

Kellen Company Reviews

Updated Jan 22, 2014

Peter Rush

Growing Fast

Account Executive (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Kellen Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat colleagues and work atmosphere, access to special events, diverse client base, flexible schedules available. After a few years of little growth, company has added ten big new clients in the last year. Annual bonuses as well as shares of company given to all full time employees.

ConsCo-pays and deductibles are expensive with current medical plan. Dental is OK.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome services are not up to par with majority at company - make sure weak areas are addressed. Keep Growing!

Good place to start, but not stay...

I worked at Kellen Company

ProsI did enjoy co-workers, corporate structure, and ability to learn new skills.

Liked the ability to tele-commute.

Benefits and company holidays are nice.

ConsOverworked, truly underpaid, long hours, and conferences are hell. Most management do not know how much their staff actually does. Very little appreciation shown to hardworking staff while higher ups sit back and delegate and do not take responsibility for their work.

Team moral is low due to favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to workloads you give. Overloading current employees to save money on hiring new staff is counter-productive.

Give everyone an invitation to the annual summit to learn and grow new skills.

Good teammates, horrible work-life balance

I worked at Kellen Company full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMy peers were the only bright spot at this company.

ConsEmployees are truly over-worked and underpaid. Upper management has no regard for their employees and definitely does not listen to the challenges of the staff. The work-life balance is non-existent and there are no plans to change this. Potential candidates are sold on an 'employee owned' set-up for this company, but, the benefits of this are almost zero.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a step-back from doing for yourself and actually listen to the employees. Treat people the same, no special circumstances for only certain employees

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company but isn't competitive in pay

Communications Specialist (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kellen Company full-time for more than a year

ProsJob security. I like my co-workers and they hire competent people. They promote within and support their employees.

ConsTheir pay isn't competitive and many people in leadership positions are old school. Younger employees only stay 3-5 years before moving on. They're going to get stuck because they have a lot of people close to retirement age and no one younger to step into those positions.

Excellent

Manager of Communications (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kellen Company

ProsEmployee Owned; we share in the profits of the company; teamwork; loyalty of employees to company; challenging work; monthly team events from ice cream day, time off for picnics; holiday events; employee appreciation day; chili cook off.

Conshealth premiums are high; senior management are workaholics;

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees points of view

Kellen Company cares about Us

Account Executive (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Kellen Company

ProsGreat team. Good training to work with AEs from other offices, especially China and EU. Management very flexible and fair when it comes to time off. Excellent benefits package. Lots of training and educational opportunities. We all work pretty hard but in return there are parties, unlimited personal days, flexible hours, you can work from home without a hassle, etc.

ConsDon't really dislike -- consider a heads up. If you handle PR for the associations, there are some evenings and weekends away.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within when possible. More staff meetings to communicate what is happening on client accounts, especially the ones we don't work on. We want to know.

Weaknesses dominate

I have been working at Kellen Company

ProsMany knowledgeable, friendly staff. Opportunities to learn more about the industry and get advice from your peers. Good IT support.

ConsNo pay scales published; impossible to know your future potential in terms of salary. Workload prohibitive, resulting in inferior work in many departments and excessive overtime required. Inadequate communication from senior level management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with more respect and recognize that they need to have manageable workloads (and decent pay) that allow them to have a family life as well as a working life. Be more transparent. As an "owner" of the company, I have extremely limited information (especially financial) on the company.

Kellen Company needs work

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Kellen Company

ProsTravel with the various organizations. Additionally, if you are working with an international organization then you gain access and insight to the various economic systems nationwide.

ConsNot very diverse in management selections, tenure and longevity is valued more than performance and education

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better opportunities for staff assistants to gain education, increase salaries to be on par.

Great people in the trenches.

I worked at Kellen Company

ProsAmazing, talented people. Hard workers and a team atmosphere.

ConsLeadership is out of touch with current times. Has an us and them mentality, even though employee owned. Outdated thought processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the board and had oversight.

Positive Culture, Professionally Satisfying, Challenging in Good Ways

I have been working at Kellen Company

ProsEmployee owned so everyone has a vested interest in the company's success. Quality work is recognized and appreciated. Nurtures a flexible and collaborative work environment. Good benefits. Good employee retention.

ConsAverage pay but positive work environment and benefits make up for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more steps to career ladder. Staff can stay in one position for a very long time. Small promotions can make a big difference.

Worked for Kellen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kellen Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kellen Company CEO Peter Rush. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Kellen Company employees.