Keller Williams

Keller Williams Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Keller Williams CEO Mark Willis

Mark Willis

Pros
  • Annual profit sharing bonuses based on real estate market's strength(in 43 reviews)

• We received tons of training and support to develop our network and our business(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Doesn't give out leads to new agents or have phones to answer for possible leads(in 19 reviews)

• Upfront high fees, no one to talk to, team leader travel all the time to attend meetings(in 14 reviews)

Refreshing Real Estate Firm

Licensed Real Estate Sales Person (Current Employee) Jackson, MS

ProsTeam Environment that creates a Family atmosphere.
    Excellent training.
    Profit Share.
    Commission split and CAP structure.

ConsPeer-pressure to Attend costly Conferences and Seminars.
    KW doesn't advertise as a brand.
    Low brand awareness in many areas... i.e. Keller Who?

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvertise!!!

Keller Williams is a highly professional real estate brokerage that offers top notch training for agents.

Realtor (Former Employee) Gainesville, GA

ProsQuality training from experienced professionals, often free of charge.
    Profit sharing system
    Unique company culture and teaming practices.
    A wealth of resources available to enhance your business.
    Seasoned agents who are happy to answer any questions and assist new agents.

ConsExpensive monthly brokerage fees aren't very affordable for new agents.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce monthly fees or offer a more favorable commission split.

Great place to practice real estate

Realtor (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsTraining and support win/ win or no deal

ConsAgain, a great place to practice real estate

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company!

ProsGreat income opportunity, room to grow, lots of training

ConsOld school! Not to many leads..... Hours are long

Fantastic opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSelf employed and independent to manage your own time.

ConsSoliciting for customers. Commission only.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement and franchise owners also lists and sell properties so all incoming company leads go to them!

Unfriendly, unwelcoming, and spiteful

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOK pay. Free classes that were sometimes interesting.

ConsMy review is coming from someone who worked as an administrative assistant for a well-respected team at KW. The agent(s) I worked for were unfriendly, unwelcoming, and spiteful. I could not believe how much other agents admired this team considering that when anything ever went wrong, they would bang their fists on the table numerous times like spoiled toddlers.

I was hired for the position after emphasizing that fact that I had no background in real estate. Although they stated they were OK with this, I received scant and rushed training which practically set me up for failure. While asking questions and trying to adapt to the new work environment, the agent(s) completely ignored or rolled their eyes at me for not knowing something I was never informed about. So much for a "helping-hand" culture.

This is a company that stalks property owners by calling them daily and begging them to allow them to sell their home.

Everyone in this company is OLD (40+) which isn't necessary bad -- however it makes for a very old-fashioned, backwards thinking culture. There is no age diversity; at least not at this KW chapter.

Also, the storefront's colors (black background with red and white lettering) make it look like a tattoo parlor. Yuck.

Advice to Senior ManagementAgents should pay attention to those "How to Hire an Admin" classes the company teaches every month. Perhaps they can learn a thing or two about how to go about hiring, training and retaining an admin. It is embarrassing to know that their top agents ignore the classes KW provides each month for free.

A whale eating plankton

Real Estate Agent (Former Employee)

ProsRecognizable name. Nice offices. Occasional free food.

ConsNew agents are a profit center. Required to give 25% of commission to mandatory "coach" on first three transactions. Numerous, expensive "Stairway to Success"-type courses that cost $100s. Only free training is how to enter leads. Virtually no practical training--stuff a new agent actually needs to know. Fees right and left. Pyramid recruitment reward system. Outdated online training. Multiple conflicting legacy online systems. Brokers who compete with you. Cult-like worship of Gary Keller. Most agents fail, constantly recruiting. What more could you ask for? ;-)

KW agent

Real Estate Agent/Realtor (Former Employee) Conroe, TX

ProsUnlimited income opportunity. Great Company values. Beautiful office and location. Great owners - they are really good people. Terrific training. Super agents (mostly) to work with.

ConsLots and lots of agents. Lots of drama at our office from time to time which can happen when an office is large. I wanted a smaller office feel, which is one of the main reasons that I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your producers and stop hiring anyone that can fog a mirror to boost profit.

Middle of the Road

Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsFlexible, and good team effort.

ConsCompensation was on the lower end for what you were expected to do. They also have company values based in religion and family. Which can be nice if that is what you are looking for, but as a single young female I found it to be a bit unsettling. There also isn't a ton of room to grow and advance internally. Leaving would be necessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps pushing the position responsibilities over the values, and maybe some research into current slaries based on location to avoid quick turnover of employees.

Dead End for Administrative

Real Estate Assistant (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsGreat people to work with and some not so great.

ConsClose to home and great boss

Worked for Keller Williams? Contribute to the Community!