Keller Williams

Updated November 14, 2014
4.1

Keller Williams CEO Mark Willis
Mark Willis

Pros
  • The profit sharing was nice and the work life balance was unbelievable (in 49 reviews)

• Great Company with wonderful management team at DFW North, Great training (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Doesn't give out leads to new agents or have phones to answer for possible leads (in 27 reviews)

• Some people shouldn't be real estate agents (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

As a realtor, how can you not be working at KW?? Best real estate model around

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Moorestown, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (more than an year)

Pros

KW's model is untouchable compared to the other local brokerages. No other company offers profit sharing amongst the agents (the opportunity to build wealth and allow for retirement at some point in my life)) rather than the owners keeping all of the profit for themselves, the most current technology (agent websites with easy navigation for clients, back end website for agents, and an online filing system that can be shared with clients), education offered on a daily basis (they want you to succeed and have the top agents showing you the path to get there), and a family culture where people are team players and go out of their way to help.... yes, in a busy office there are actually people who are always available to help and want you to succeed. I previously worked at an office where the commission splits were high and where everyone works very independently, which was great for awhile and I thought the best deal available, but when I learned of KW coming to town and compared the amount of money I gave to my office (all to the owners) vs what I would have paid to KW, it was unreal. Literally 2.5x more expensive to work at my previous company, which had me at a 95/5 split and monthly rent. No opportunity for growth there and no synergy.

Cons

As a realtor you are responsible for your own health insurance. I'm fortunate that I'm covered under my husband, but benefits are not offered at KW and other real estate offices. KW has preferred vendors they work with for discounted prices, but I don't know much about it. Just be aware that this cost is on you and be sure to inquire when interviewing.

Not Sure How Other Companies Are Still In Business ???

Current Employee - Independent Real Estate Agent in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Independent Real Estate Agent in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture, & Training. Keller Williams has been the best company I've worked for hands down. I can walk down the hall to the multi million dollar producing agent, and they'll help me anyway they can! Constantly offered training, constantly having fun social activities. It's a very positive environment.

Cons

If its possible, sometimes the good times are distracting..... Nope, there are no Cons

Keep up the great work guys!

Keller Williams is a great company to work for. They have an outstanding culture and care about the agent.

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for Keller is the culture. Keller Williams is a agent centric company that provides training for agents of all levels.

Cons

Keller Williams has over 80,000 agent. At a local level office can range between 80 to 150 agents. One can get lost in the numbers.

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in Greenville, SC

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Continuous Training and a strong team based culture make for a very comfortable environment to do business. They provide you with the tools needed to be successful

Cons

Like all real estate sales positions, it is commission only. This isnt a reflection on the company but tey wanted me to fill this area with at least 20 words so there!

I have been working at Keller Williams

Pros

You are your own boss, who doesn't like that?

Cons

The commission splits hurt and all of the other hidden fees no one talks about. Make sure you keep track of what you're getting paid. The person cutting the check is a human and does make mistakes.

Great team and training programs with a cap

I have been working at Keller Williams

Pros

Like profit share and training

Cons

independent contractor, no benefits or salary

Realtor

Current Employee - Realtor
    Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company culture, awesome training, coworkers and office staff are very helpful and supportive, flexible work schedule free education and training classes and good income potential.

Cons

No real estate leads are provided/you have to generate all your own leads and business, monthly expenses of insurance and office fees can be hard got new agents, office advertising is almost nonexistent so our company is not well know in our city.

More hands on training out in the field would be useful as opposed to classroom training.

Great Company but you better enjoy sales.

Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in San Diego, CA

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The commission scale is great. They provide a great deal of training prior to and during your career.

Cons

The only issue i had was not with the company itself more with the industry. I felt like i was trying to sell things to people that they didn't want or need. Again this was a personal issue and in no way reflects on the company itself.

Great Company to "work" for

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is my third Realty company in Texas. I should have joined them since the beginning. I came from a smaller, local firm, and KW simply blows them out of the water with their tools and training available. Every agent gets 3 websites as part of their monthly fee. We also get our own branded mobile app. Our market center has weekly training classes on all sorts of topics. Every seasoned agent is available to help. KW has a unique win, win mentality. I love it!

Cons

I can't think of any negatives for this company.

A wonderful place to build a business worth having.

Current Employee - Realtor in Odenton, MD
    Current Employee - Realtor in Odenton, MD

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great education and support.

Cons

I have not found any cons as of yet.